Please do not make this game pay 2 win.

2»

Comments

• Maerik85 said:
    Do some research before posting. This studio is as anti pay-to-win as it gets.
    Saying that it wont get pay 2 win doesnt mean that it cant, the past 10 years have been horrible for MMO's so the only one mmo who can ''restore that'' is this one. I dont want to overhype it yet. Ive watched every interview/video I could find, I know that they say that they wont. But I cant say that it wont be pay2win for a 100%.

But ive got good hopes for it :D
  • as long as the game stays subscription based.. it wont become P2W.

If they ever announce subscriptions are going away.. it will be time to move onto another game as the P2w model will be shortly behind. 

Hence why they need to keep the subscription model and have multiple streams to pay a sub including game time cards for people who dont have access to credit cards. I have a credit card and im all good .. but a close friend doesnt have one and unless he can buy a game time card he cant buy a sub. 

• Yeah, the devs have specifically called this out. Steven in particular really hates p2w from what I gather and I'm inclined to agree. So I don't see any issues with this coming about as if it did Intrepid would probably have an army of backers with pitchforks outside their office...
  • The majority of backers and people here know Intrepid has said Ashes is to be subscription to play. They come with that knowledge.  With the amount of cash pledged and this knowledge I am almost positive you won't see anything else.

Many of us have yearned for a game that was solid and not based on quick fixes of cash.  Those that will one day cry for it to be FTP or to win can go hide in their corners. I don't think Intrepid will bend to their yelling and demands,  They will lose too many people if they do.
    I dont mind if its a LEGIT good mmo, where they patch things that are unbalanced, and try their best to ''balance '' it out. And not making things pay 2win, I wont mind paying subscription, im a WoW player. Ive payed subs.

But I dont like it when the publishers go '' we will not make this pay 2 win'' and couple months later BOOM GET REKT.
  • Possum said:
    zhouikun said:
    HailHydra said:
    Friesian said:
    @ All

I am sorry to inform you all that this game is pay to win. You will have to pay to play and to win you need to play so logicly (?) its pay to win.

We all win just by paying. Life is great.
    :D:D love that logic! Approved  B)
    Thatis not pay to win, that is pay to play the game just like WoW subscription I WOULD LOVE to pay to play but i would HATE to pay to win. There is a difference
    True.  Pay2Play also offers the opportunity to lose.  So, the game can be just as much Pay2Lose.  :)
    Ive got trauma with pay2win games when i hear the word pay2win oh boy
  • The majority of backers and people here know Intrepid has said Ashes is to be subscription to play. They come with that knowledge.  With the amount of cash pledged and this knowledge I am almost positive you won't see anything else.

Many of us have yearned for a game that was solid and not based on quick fixes of cash.  Those that will one day cry for it to be FTP or to win can go hide in their corners. I don't think Intrepid will bend to their yelling and demands,  They will lose too many people if they do.
    I dont mind if its a LEGIT good mmo, where they patch things that are unbalanced, and try their best to ''balance '' it out. And not making things pay 2win, I wont mind paying subscription, im a WoW player. Ive payed subs.

But I dont like it when the publishers go '' we will not make this pay 2 win'' and couple months later BOOM GET REKT.
  • Possum said:
    zhouikun said:
    HailHydra said:
    Friesian said:
    @ All

I am sorry to inform you all that this game is pay to win. You will have to pay to play and to win you need to play so logicly (?) its pay to win.

We all win just by paying. Life is great.
    :D:D love that logic! Approved  B)
    Thatis not pay to win, that is pay to play the game just like WoW subscription I WOULD LOVE to pay to play but i would HATE to pay to win. There is a difference
    True.  Pay2Play also offers the opportunity to lose.  So, the game can be just as much Pay2Lose.  :)
    Ive got trauma with pay2win games when i hear the word pay2win oh boy
  • Possum said:
    Alluring said:
    Diura said:
    It's been confirmed that Ashes of Creation won't be Pay2Win :) Happy Days ^^
    In all fairness other games have promised the same thing only to fall to greed not saying the same will happen here but nothing is confirmed yet. Nice to see someone so positive though :D 
    Key difference between Ashes of Creation and other games like BDO and ArcheAge is that those game developers all had to deal with publisher demands for profit and monetization.

Intrepid is self-publishing Ashes of Creation.  Steven has stated that he does not have a board or publisher to answer to.  The responsibility and authority for the project are his alone.  Without the external pressure, we have a much greater likelihood of the game not being P2W, as promised.
    Indeed my hope for AoC is great but guarded until i see more progress; but ive fallen in love with the world in Ashes already it has everything i want in an MMO. I want to see it come to life.
  • Possum said:
    Alluring said:
    Diura said:
    It's been confirmed that Ashes of Creation won't be Pay2Win :) Happy Days ^^
    In all fairness other games have promised the same thing only to fall to greed not saying the same will happen here but nothing is confirmed yet. Nice to see someone so positive though :D 
    Key difference between Ashes of Creation and other games like BDO and ArcheAge is that those game developers all had to deal with publisher demands for profit and monetization.

Intrepid is self-publishing Ashes of Creation.  Steven has stated that he does not have a board or publisher to answer to.  The responsibility and authority for the project are his alone.  Without the external pressure, we have a much greater likelihood of the game not being P2W, as promised.
    Indeed my hope for AoC is great but guarded until i see more progress; but ive fallen in love with the world in Ashes already it has everything i want in an MMO. I want to see it come to life.