Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Immersion

Has anything been released regarding how immersive AOC will be?  I mean, I don't expect the game to mirror reality.  It's set in a fantasy world after all.  But I hope the Devs don't include one stupid corny inside joke after another like World of Warcraft.  Night Elves dancing like Michael Jackson was funny the first few times I saw it, but afterward that kind of thing just takes away from the game.  

Comments

• Options
    Whilst there's much that we don't know yet about the actual world, they have said that this is a high fantasy game so I expect to see many wonderful and weird things. We also know little from a lore pov at this time so we can only respond to conjecture. However, immersion can be many different things to different people so how about you check out Death Proxy's vids https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exzc1P2ka1A&index=1&list=PLJvvIDgksu7OluQF-IeSzwh_AlEMe8m7s. He's a mod here and quite a resource. :)
  • Options
    think it well be up there with the unreal 4 engine looks good already from videos footage so  will get better 
  • Options
    Thanks @Kratz.  I think I've already watched that one though.  Judging by the character appearance (not cartoony) and landscape graphics so far, I believe the Devs intend to make a highly immersive world.  I certainly hope so anyway.  It will take away from that immersion if they flood the world with tacky butt and fart jokes like WOW did.  I realize lots of people are into that kind of childish humor, but in my opinion, it gets old really fast.
  • Options
    Thanks @Kratz.  I think I've already watched that one though.  Judging by the character appearance (not cartoony) and landscape graphics so far, I believe the Devs intend to make a highly immersive world.  I certainly hope so anyway.  It will take away from that immersion if they flood the world with tacky butt and fart jokes like WOW did.  I realize lots of people are into that kind of childish humor, but in my opinion, it gets old really fast.
    You're welcome, and I'm with you on the tack. If you visit DP's youtube channel he has 12/13 vids all on Ashes and they're very informative. It's an excellent place to start and keeps his material up to date. Good luck with it ;)