Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

world bosses

i see all sorts of topics about what we think we might see. what type of world bosses does everyone think we might see?

im thinking golems, elementals, and evil shade like creatures.

Comments

• Options
    I'm going to make the educated guess that we will see elemental types of world bosses based on the node that triggers them.

IE- Rock Boss for a mountain node, Water Boss for sea/river node and so on. 

I can see a dragon being summoned out of a mountain or some sort of lava creature from a volcano near by. Would love to see a Balrog type of boss (but their own version of it them )  from the Under realm nodes. 

Just based on what has been said in live streams, and shown, each node will have their own set of world bosses that will be triggered likely related to the environment. 
  • Options
    Dragons for sure <3
  • Options
    Oh my, world bosses, gotta love those! I really hope to see huge dragons, like Valakas from Lineage 2. Working and coordinating with 100s of people to take down this massive threat... Hunting those raid bosses was some of my most epic memories from any MMO. Praying that Ashes gets it right!
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    i actualy want to see a bahir or something come from the underdark

• Options
    A huge spider, big enough to step over city walls (the picture shows Tolkien's Ungoliant, Shelob's mum)
    Afbeeldingsresultaat voor ancalagon the black

Corrupted nature spirits
    Gerelateerde afbeelding

Giant desert worm
    Gerelateerde afbeelding
  • Options
    A huge spider, big enough to step over city walls (the picture shows Tolkien's Ungoliant, Shelob's mum)
    Afbeeldingsresultaat voor ancalagon the black

Corrupted nature spirits
    Gerelateerde afbeelding

Giant desert worm
    Gerelateerde afbeelding
    i really like the giant spider and sand worm. because the sand wurm could come up and go back under the ground and the combat mechanics of the battle would be interesting or at least have the ability to be, and the spider is always going to spawn more spiders. every game just does that. itd be a shame to not have another spider boss. 
  • Options
    How about a little hammer time?
  • Options
    I'm sure that worm thing is one of the monster arts they shown in the last stream and they said it may be a boss - cos it's so cool xD
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Image result for mecha streisand

Ok, for real, I do like the idea of giant underground worms. 

Image result for dune worm
  • Options
    Well I was hesitant to post this Thomas the Tank Engine super boss but @Karthos showed me the error of my ways.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Well I was hesitant to post this Thomas the Tank Engine super boss but @Karthos showed me the error of my ways.
    I wish I could take credit for this.

Image result for thomas the tank engine skyrim gif
  • Options
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    I'll spare this thread from reposting the entirety of my MTG world boss images that I posted on a general thread on monsters: 

https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/32647/what-kind-of-monsters-do-you-want-to-see-in-the-game/p2

Dragons are a given. There should be dragons of all kinds ranging from mountain-sized fire dragons to undead dragons. I know Steven will include a range of different dragons, so I'm not worried here.

Edit: I should've read the initial post properly as I thought it was what we wanted to see as opposed to what we expect. But, I still expect to see:

Ocean: leviathans, serpents, krakens (also mentioned by Steven)
    Image result for mtg inkwell leviathan
    Related image
    Related image
  • Options
    Giants ranging from dark lords to the elemental kind (Frost Giants etc.)
    Image result for magic the gathering art
    Related image
  • Options
    There are others that I'd like to see such as hydras and massive Lovecraftian creatures from the void, but I don't necessarily expect to see them in Ashes. 
  • Options
    Since it's high fantasy and we have all seen those drawings, prolly world bosses going to be dragons and such. As long they are epicly made, I don't care if they are just dragons and other normal already seen things :) What I care about most is that they hopefully are going to address lag in those areas. Every mmo I'v played so far has had massive mega lags during those encounters, and ppl dying to things they could not even see or dodge.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    The Blob, Godzilla and a Transformer.

Steve McQueen and John Wayne HAVE to be NPCs somewhere.

• Options
    a giant crab. and it name should be berg
  • Options
    a giant crab. and it name should be berg
    a giant lobster 
  • Options
    I'd like a boss that absorbs the victims it kills, gaining their powers THING style.
  • Options
    @Karthos I still remember when MXR covered Thomas.... on multiple occasions lol.
  • Options
    I want to see me some wyverns!!! Maybe a boss with a cool dynamic would be a massive medusa. Wherever she gazes, you are frozen for a set period of time.
  • Options
    A 3foot long iguana that runs at mach5.
  • Options
    Whatever the world bosses may be I just hope they are epic but I also hope some are more powerful than others. While one particular boss might be a challenge for 20 people others may require 100+ to take down. Perhaps the longer a world boss remains in the world the more powerful it becomes, thus if a boss shows up it will need to be dealt with quickly.
  • Options
    Hoping to see maybe fenrir or Cerberus as world bosses. Especially Cerberus for the under realm :blush:
  • Options
    Gozer the Traveler anyone?  
    Image result
  • Options
    Damnit Karthos! Don't make me unleash:

• Options
    Damnit Karthos! Don't make me unleash:

All hail the Hypno Toad
  • Options
    It's always the creatures like that toad that does you in. 
    Giant dragons come out...no problem. *smack, slash, thrust*
    Frog comes hopping along, you laugh...then it eats you.
  • Options
    edited June 2017