Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

world bosses

2»

Comments

• Options
    Any nightmarish looking creatures are fantastic in my book. I really like the pressure that's created by something that disturbs a majority of the player base. Gotta make something as epic as a world boss really drag people into the event.

Maybe something similar to these baring the Dragons and general world boss creatures.

The standard Golem Colossus is a staple.

That's just horrifying from what little you can see...

Really love the moving castle concept.

This is why I hate the ocean...

This last one is concept art for the Nightmare from Prey. I've always really liked the design of such creatures but sadly it's AI was a bit lacking in the game. Something like that would make if not a world boss, a good Nighttime stalk you and eat you creature if you ask me.
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    imo i don't think it matters what the WB looks like, as long as its mechanically challenging. I can't stand games where its just a face roll dps. Im hoping for some amazing mechanics with amazing rewards, as well as some amazing pvp fights o/
  • Options
    The last thing we need is year one gw2 world bosses
  • Options

So here are a ton of mobs/monsters, they also talked about in the node part 1 video the server monster "Dragon" coming down to haunt the nearest node. 
  • Options
    Czar said:

So here are a ton of mobs/monsters, they also talked about in the node part 1 video the server monster "Dragon" coming down to haunt the nearest node. 
    That lava spitting monster.... Holy moly, that one will be epic to fight against I hope :hushed:
  • Options

Just imagine this guy towering over you (12'~16' range).
  • Options

first sea monster. for sure
  • Options
    I'm thinking a smurf, scaled up to giant proportions, tinted green, all smurflike attributes removed, and bacon added
  • Options
    I'm thinking that coffee or more sleep might be needed...

*walks off singing to the tube of Spider-Man*
    Bacon Smurf, green bacon Smurf, dies really easily bacon Smurf
  • Options

Here's a world boss for the Ocean adventures! 
  • Options
    that things being posted on so many threads haha

• Options
     be trapped in a room in a dungeon surrounded by a bunch of these, only all 8 feet tall:

• Options

astral kraken

An Aboleth

Avalancher

cloud ray

Dread,dragon,linnorm

megapede

orcwort

giant crabs

one of my favorites, a Tarrasque

and for the last. a thunder worm

just a few monsters ive found in my travels i liked and saved. 

• Options
    @NoeSparks can I get some clarification on whether or not they are "Giant crabs" "A giant's crabs" or "A giant's giant crabs"?
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited July 2017
    its a giant giant's giant giant crabs
  • Options
    Some of the best bosses I've ever encountered are from Dark Souls

• Options
    @lexmax They certainly are among my favorites despite there being a vital flaw in every single one of their defenses. (I smashed the game using greatswords. The only 2 creatures that got me were the stone lizards and the guy riding the dragon in DS3

Inspired by DS' awesome bosses would be... well awesome. While I'd expect people to piss and moan about them being too difficult, I'm all for mechanic driven difficult bosses. BDO really left me wanting. PvE was never my favorite thing in an MMO but with BDO's total lack of interesting mechanic driven bosses, I'm dying for a change of pace @_@
  • Options
    Personally I would like a "Horde" world boss where some sort of local tribe attacks in full force, even sieging cities. Loot can be awarded from a clan chieftain or chest after defeat. 
  • Options
    Duninn said:
    Personally I would like a "Horde" world boss where some sort of local tribe attacks in full force, even sieging cities. Loot can be awarded from a clan chieftain or chest after defeat. 
    i think a horde/swarm as a boss idea is fantastic
  • Options
    I vote for this evil monstrosity Image result for scary danbo
  • Options
    +1 to random horde sieges! I really would LOVE to see that.
  • Options
    NoeSparks said:
    Duninn said:
    i think a horde/swarm as a boss idea is fantastic
    Thanks, usually an idea man never gets appreciated haha.
  • Options
    This world boss is the most scariest of all!!

• Options
    Huge Steven world boss, once we defeat all other bosses, as the ultimate challenge!
  • Options
    You can't go wrong with Cthulhu.

• Options

Since NYT thinks this is a best seller, we need sword bird world boss. Not mobs. Boss. Gotta go big. :bawling: