Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

What Community Events would you like to see?

Hey there guys, I'm just doing a bit of a survey to get an idea for future community events and to eventually present them to the team:

° What type of community event(s) would you like to see?

° How would you like to see it structured and organized?

° How would you like to see it presented to the community?

Let us know!

Thanks guys, as always much love from me to all of you. 

Comments

• Options
    Ashes trivia maybe?
  • Options
    Off the top of the head, a couple events might serve subsets of the community might be:

-Theorycrafting Day: setup a few rooms organized by aspects of the game (PvP, dungeons, artisan class, religions, nodes, etc.) and let people mill about throwing out tin foil hat theories.

-RP Day: allow those who already know their personas to introduce themselves to one another (unless this is already being done on another RP server somewhere else)

-Art Stream: mentioned by many before me, but seeing someone like Bacon stream a live drawing he's toying with would be fun to see. Might even have a fan art contest along side it.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    Skill Showcase ?

This MMO is set in a High-Fantasy Setting. And anything is possible with Magic. Soo ...
    A Montage of Images showcasing skills/abilities we'd like to see ?

or maybe a Environmental Showcase ? similar to what I've done on this Thread:
    https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/33184/zones-like-these-design#latest

I honestly have no clue atm  :s
  • Options
    " Off the top of the head, a couple events might serve subsets of the community might be:

-Theorycrafting Day: setup a few rooms organized by aspects of the game (PvP, dungeons, artisan class, religions, nodes, etc.) and let people mill about throwing out tin foil hat theories.

-RP Day: allow those who already know their personas to introduce themselves to one another (unless this is already being done on another RP server somewhere else)

-Art Stream: mentioned by many before me, but seeing someone like Bacon stream a live drawing he's toying with would be fun to see. Might even have a fan art contest along side it. "
    Guess I wasn't too far off  :p
  • Options
    Off the top of the head, a couple events might serve subsets of the community might be:

-Art Stream: mentioned by many before me, but seeing someone like Bacon stream a live drawing he's toying with would be fun to see. Might even have a fan art contest along side it.
    Great idea and suits a diversity of players :)
    Look forward to seeing other suggestions :3

• Options

Ashes Got Talent on Discord.

Terms and Conditions apply (Must've drunk 10 pints before start)

• Options
    Anything really. I'd like to see something particularly related to the art team if you can though. Give the graphical experts and concept artists some love. Maybe some prerecorded sketching sessions?

Just think of a massive amount of different sections and stuff. You got a million and one different paths to take for things and I imagine the majority of us would love simply being involved.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Karthos Appreciation Day.

That guy works so hard and deserves love and admiration from all.

*Seriously- Scavenger Hunts. I've seen these done on forum before with riddles/clues and the players screenshot their answers and fist to post the correct set of answers wins that round.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    An Ashes "standup comedy night" might be interesting. Each event could have a theme. The option of voice or text would also be cool.

Edit: This could be done on a Discord. People could sign up on a forum thread. I'd be happy to help organize it.
  • Options
    lexmax said:
    An Ashes "standup comedy night" might be interesting. Each event could have a theme. The option of voice or text would also be cool.
    Only if I'm drunk @tugowar could tell you more from the discord if he's willing lol...
  • Options
    Writing Contests (For Alpha Keys!)

Time-sensitive and theme-based

Through the forum to be judged by the Community
  • Options
    That's just what a I call a good time.  Or a typical Saturday night.  :) 
  • Options
    Bannith said:
    lexmax said:
    Only if I'm drunk @tugowar could tell you more from the discord if he's willing lol...
    :lol: For you Discord regulars, every night is comedy night, so you'd automatically get top billing ;)
  • Options
    *What type of community event(s) would you like to see?
    1. Weekly lottery drawing.

2. Dev BOSS!

3. Sexy Parties at the Sexy Party statue (soon to be featured!)

1. Limit 100 tickets per person. Winning gives a unique bound item.

2. A boss that is literally controlled by an admin thus we have to worry about fighting something more intelligent than a programmed AI.

3. We can work out the details later :3

1. Forums sticky and item at a special vendor

2. World announcement about time and location of spawn.

3. In the sexiest fashion possible >:3
  • Options
    I'm not sure if this counts as an event, but...

Maybe a poll/contest to name the Mage and the Predator we keep seeing in the vids?
  • Options
    Dygz said:
    I'm not sure if this counts as an event, but...

Maybe a poll/contest to name the Mage and the Predator we keep seeing in the vids?
    Omg that's a great idea! I vote for this! ^^
  • Options
    Also weekly community moderator dunking

• Options
    What type of community event(s) would you like to see?
    (1) Art stream
    (2) A stream like the "show around" video at youtube where we can see the team one more time and maybe hear some of their theories or goal to the game from their own perspective.
    (3) Detailed stream, see some animation movement or something like that...idk
    How would you like to see it structured and organized?
    (1) doesn't have to be a contest, but relaxed stream where we see all fan art and maybe also art from the team? You make a discussion collecting all art or something like that.
    (2) stream where each group of the team come in and talk (like Paragon do each time there is a big update), maybe answer some questions that are collected.
    (3) See some examples in a relaxed stream.

• Options
    edited June 2017
    Sarumonin said:

[1]

[ 2]

[3 ]
    First off, the like button doesn't seem enough for this Sarumonin :)

Hope you don't mind me adding numbers, I'm just too lazy to copy paste :smiley:

1 - disease outbreaks!
    2 - much like playing 'tag', an event that gives a player a 'disease' with a minor cosmetic effect.
    This player then gets an 'infect' button so they can pass it to other players, curing themselves at the same time.
    At the end of the event different small items for their house , or other rewards are given to:
    Those who avoided infection.
    Those who got cured.
    Those who are diseased.
    3- I like the idea of it just turning up every few months. So a dev infecting someone and players working out what's going on themselves.

1- Community climbing! 
    2- So there's a cavern, or a cliff etc, somewhere tall, but not accessible from the air. So you can't use gliders etc.
    And you can visibly see lots of chests on different shelves. 
    These chests don't move or disappear after opening.
    They do respawn different contents after opening, mainly low qualities, but occasionally great quality items and.  
    Each chest has a lockout timer, so one person can only access it once every x days.
    Now on the ground around you there are a lot of different shapes pieces you can fit together to build yourself a scaffold to reach the chests....only each piece will only remain attached for so long, and when one piece detatches it triggers a chain reaction among all the pieces on up the line.
    Basically, you can build up, but if you don't build quickly enough everything tumbles down.
    A solo player will be able to have enough time to reach the first chest, but if you want to go higher, you'll need a group.
    You could do it that there are extra cosmetic rewards at higher levels... So a motivation to want to climb, but not one that would affect solo players in game.
    It should be possible to reach every chest with the pieces you have, but it's a puzzle that had to be worked out in practise.
    I also like the idea of the pieces randomly changing, or the locations of the chests moving a bit, every month or so, to avoid the inevitable inter webs solution walk through 
    3- fixed game location.

I had loads more, but it's late and my brain hurts so I need to work out where I put my note book tomorrow. :)
  • Options
    Thinking deeper about this. I want a banana event designed around tripping people. That's viable right?

This is how I see banana's of all kinds.
  • Options
    Oooh I remember one that I posted elsewhere.

1- Gods day!
    2 -As this game has gods, once every game year there's a god day.
    You log in that day.
    You choose your god.

It might be that the gods all head into battle. 
    You get to charge in with them. Choose a god. Away you go.
    The winner is random, players after all can't control the outcome of events with gods, this helps prevent the otherwise predictable shifting of support just because the other god has the better pvpers.
    And if you have fought well enough during those 24 hours, and your god wins, you get to spend the next game year with access to valhalla.. or the ashes equivalent. 
    This would be an instanced area with access to unique vendors etc, much the same as the Phoenix initiative.

Though it may be the day has a different goal, not battle but strategy or solving a problem.

Building something as a team. Etc etc.

3 - a regular 'event' though with varying goals/tasks. Or varying locations.

1- battles!
    2- I'm not talking individual pvp or zergs.
    I'm talking a fight, following a community nominated commander, where when you do as commanded, and work as a unit you get an increase in damage dealing. 
    For example, you are an archer, if you all shoot an arrow at the same time... damage buff.
    You would ask have to stay close to each other and do as commanded to get the best results.
    I would love to see or take part in a battle that required a more classical strategy style.
    3- no idea, I haven't enough game information to be able to be able to suggest where best in game this might be appropriate.
  • Options
    I always admire Imgur's yearly gift exchange.

Generally a trusted member of the community collects interested names and addresses. He then randomly assigns gifters to recipients.

Gifters can take the blunt approach of talking to the recipient, or the more studious approach of scouring the recipient's images and comments for gift ideas.
  • Options
    Game full launch. Is that a Community Event?
  • Options
    Game full launch. Is that a Community Event?
    Nope, it's a Historical Event. Also, a religious holiday.  :D
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Maybe an ARG to help us pass the time.  Like Karthos mentioned.  Kinda like an online scavenger hunt. maybe like we are 100 years in this world future finding hints to this worlds past before we play in it. or maybe about the worlds that these people are traveling from, why they are escaping and leaving their old world.
  • Options
    I would like to see more meme/Art events and events that involve theorycrafting.

• Options
    edited June 2017
    *Remembers idea. Loses it again*

Wait, got it.

1 - welcome committee.
    2 - members of the community who like helping people volunteer to spend some time at hard launch, near an assigned portal, helping out new folks.
    Yes you'd need a lot, one for each portal, for each server.
    If there are too many volunteers, then the community vote for the best and the brightest and most helpful in their opinion.
    They wouldn't have to stick around for 24 hours, you just need say, one person turning up every half hour to chat, talk to any audience and answer questions before heading away again.

Now to pay them in advance for this, you give them the two day head start and a title... such as tour guide 
    It wasn't ks exclusive.

No mmo has had anything like this, that I'm aware of, and I think it'd just be a nice, person friendly touch.

3 - a fixed shout on logging in that flashes up in the middle of your screen. 
    'If you have any questions, then every half hour between eight am and four pm, you can find a tour guide to help with them at your nearest portal"

• Options
    edited June 2017
    1- Once a real life calendar year 'apprentice fair'
    2- historically folks used to take their children to apprentice fairs where they would hope to agree a contact on learning a trade.
    Once a year, an in game fair turns up with events and games for people to 'try out' careers that aren't covered by in game classes or professions.
    If eAch profession has three sub games, you get points/tokens from each, that can be exchanged for cosmetic items /titles.

So shepherd could involve you having a herding game, finding some lost sheep, fighting off predators etc.

Inn keeper could involve memorising and serving different drinks, dealing with drunk/rowdy/vomiting customer, or maybe a game where you need to hit a target to get a decent head on a pint, not enough or too much and the customer gets angry, then you have to play the, ducking flying objects game.

There's lots of possible careers, it's just finding enough that fit within the game's lore, and we haven't really enough yet to know...

Gameskeeper?
    Dairy farmer?
    Personal assistant/ butler?

-it turns up in game for a few days every year.
  • Options
    TIE UP ARM LEG HUMANOID JOY.

PUT IN FIELD

ALL GO UP HIGH CLIFF

JUMP FOR JOY !

MOST CLOSE WIN CHEER

PRIZE TAKE JOY HOME
  • Options
    I say real life town of Salem  >:)