[Website] The Ashes of Creation website will be down for scheduled maintenance on Tuesday, March 19, 2024 at 7:00 a.m. Pacific.

Estimated downtime is 4 hours. During this time, the shop and account login page will be inaccessible. We'll notify you upon completion.
Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Ashes of Minecraft - An Ashes themed Minecraft Server, online now!

ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
edited July 2017 in Fan Sites
Ashes of Minecraft

Server Address: ashesofminecraft.beast.mc
Server Version : v1.10.2

Ashes of Minecraft offers a glimpse of what the Ashes of Creation world will look like.
In AoM, players can work together to build up their factions. Developing their small village into a sprawling Metropolis through the teamwork of Adventurers and Artisans.

What are Adventurers? What are Artisans? Well, I'm glad I asked!

Adventurers explore the world, searching the many caves and caverns that litter San'dal. By killing monsters and looting treasures, adventurers can bring vast riches to their respective factions. Only by contributing to a faction can it evolve, increasing its territory and power.

Artisans are the crafters of San'dal, by invoking the powers of creation and worldedit, Artisans can build the most fantastical of Metropolises! Of course, Artisans don't start the game with such OP powers, only by increasing the level of their faction may they gain access, and only within their faction's city.

Both Adventurers and Artisans alike can play AoM normally within their faction's Zone of Influence. Inside of their Zone of Influence, players may build freeholds with whatever resources they can harvest from within - players cannot take from outside of their ZOI.

Okay, so everything is pointing towards levelling my faction, how do I do that? Well! I'm glad I asked!

Levelling a faction is easy; for the small price off $5.9- *AHK!* "Ouch!" *COUGH* "Stop!" *POW*

Uhh... Sorry about that, now where was I? Ah! Levelling a faction, it's easy, simply complete quests for the various villagers within your city, contribute resources, or... more, possibly, we're still thinking of things.

What can I expect from AoM in the future?

We plan on changing from 'faction based' to 'node based', in the future we would like to see players able to explore the world, come across a village/node and be able to develop it into a Metropolis. This process would be automatic, and players would be able to fight against each other in territorial wars and such. Unfortunately, mod development takes time. Fortunately, we have a lot of time! Until 2019/2020 in fact. 

I don't like Minecraft, is there any way I can get involved?

Yes! There are a bunch of different ways to get involved, we're in need of writers to create stories and quests, artists for textures, web art, more? and fan art is always welcome! Programmers will probably be needed, I want to finish design and also get the server playing as described above before starting active development. When I say we're in need, I don't mean that we're recruiting, just that there's more than enough space for the whole community to use the server as a medium to bring their thoughts and ideas to life - this is a community project, not a traditional Minecraft server.
Everyone is welcome to join the discord and share ideas, even if it's just to speculate how things will work in Ashes of Creation.

Join the official discord: https://discord.gg/YR2BbDd
Any information related to the server, including the mods you'll need, is most up to date on the discord!
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Darckwar has given us an incredible gift to start off the server, check out his Dwarven Stronghold, Dolmiir, below!
Massive thanks to Darckwar for this, it's just amazing.

Update! The port is a WIP, we've also started work on the treasury and the first portal. Not only that but we've made good progress in the quests and npcs within the dwarven city, Dolmiir. It will act as an introduction and tutorial for players. Take a look!

And another look at the front of Dolmiir.

Comments

• SWL is free....;)

Or we could make a big ol' orgy server on Second Life! \o/
  • I own a Minecraft server you guys are welcome on. Just don't molest the animals
  • Karthos said:
    I own a Minecraft server you guys are welcome on. Just don't molest the animals
    You take all of the fun out of it!!!  
  • Cyn said:
    SWL is free....;)

Or we could make a big ol' orgy server on Second Life! \o/
    The thing with SWL is that it isn't something you can drop in and out of, I'd like something that new members that join the community in a few months can jump in and play with everyone rather than the older members being high level and out of reach or w/e. I am playing SWL though, lvl 11 right now!

Karthos said:
    You'd have to link it :tongue: If we're setting up a community server up though, I'd like it to be only for the ashes community, idk what your server is for or what rules you have.
  • Karthos said:
    Just don't molest the animals

Hmm...

What if......? 

Hmm.

• Karthos said:
    Can I troll people's claimed lands and dig everywhere around the forest to make it look like Swiss Cheese? or Can I make a farm of chickens with redstone and dropper so your server lags or can I reveal 25k blocks just to find the land of clay and 20k for more to find Mushroom Island?
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    In all seriousness, I'd open the server up to just AoC community if you guys wanted. 

Would you rather I wipe it and start new or leave it how I have, with a few large cities (I've built a Viking theme port, an Elven city with a giant tree, Dwarf city under a mountain) and various other landmarks scattered around?

I could put what ever plug-in you all wanted.
    edited June 2017
    Karthos said:
    In all seriousness, I'd open the server up to just AoC community if you guys wanted. 

Would you rather I wipe it and start new or leave it how I have, with a few large cities (I've built a Viking theme port, an Elven city with a giant tree, Dwarf city under a mountain) and various other landmarks scattered around?

I could put what ever plug-in you all wanted.
    Starting the server fresh would be good if we had a group of builders to start everything off, but, well... we don't have that :tongue: 
    Can you link me your server so I can join? And is it running forge?

Edit: Oh, and what version of MC is it?
  • Version and mods?

I'm partial to Witchery + Thaumcraft myself if your not running a pack or it's vanilla. I'll play on anything would just like to know.
  • Bannith said:
    Version and mods?

I'm partial to Witchery + Thaumcraft myself if your not running a pack or it's vanilla. I'll play on anything would just like to know.
    Those are magic mods right? I'm currently running 1.10.2 but if we can get a group of people who want to play then we can discuss what would be the best version to play on, the same goes with what mods we think will be good for the community.

What version of MC do you play?
  • I love Minecraft I'm up for it and i'm a great builder as well. I run 1.10.2 for the mods like chisels & bits and WorldEdit.
  • SleepyFox said:
    Bannith said:
    Version and mods?

Those are magic mods right? I'm currently running 1.10.2 but if we can get a group of people who want to play then we can discuss what would be the best version to play on, the same goes with what mods we think will be good for the community.

What version of MC do you play?
    I love magic and tech mods but those 2 are so indepth that I just loving playing and researching them. They were so popular for a while that people made mod addons for em as well if i remember right.

Their 1.7.6 i think though in version number for base MC...
  • In all honesty, I have not played Minecraft before, but I'm a great fan of Terreria and Starbound. 

I don't mind trying out Minecraft if it's an AoC community thing. 
    edited June 2017
    Here is my Dwarf build I'm working on in SP on my off time 200 by 200 by 130 block
  • Darckwar said:
    Here is my Dwarf build I'm working on in SP on my off time 200 by 200 by 130 block
    I love this!! The way you've done the lighting is amazing <3
  • Darckwar said:
    That is insane! Omg, amazing job!
    I'm not a very good builder, I just enjoy casually building stuff, messing with redstone and talking to people. I can try my hand at modding again too; if there's any custom stuff we need.
    Cyreph said:
    In all honesty, I have not played Minecraft before, but I'm a great fan of Terreria and Starbound. 

Minecraft is fun. If you like Terreria then you should enjoy it  :)
    Bannith said:
    I love magic and tech mods but those 2 are so indepth that I just loving playing and researching them. They were so popular for a while that people made mod addons for em as well if i remember right.

I checked them out, witchery supports 1.7.10 and thaumcraft supports 1.8.9
    The version isn't a problem considering you can just select which version you want to run from the MC launcher. I'll see about setting up a discord or something later today so that we can discuss version and mods etc.
  • Ok, I finally got home and took a look at my server. It is only a 10 man slot and it's currently in version 1.11.2.

If someone else has a better server, we should totally do that one.
  • Karthos said:
    Ok, I finally got home and took a look at my server. It is only a 10 man slot and it's currently in version 1.11.2.

If someone else has a better server, we should totally do that one.
    Lol yeah I don't think 10 man will cut it :tongue:
    This is the discord, I've literally just created it so there's nothing set up
    https://discord.gg/YR2BbDd
  • I haven't played for some time, but when I last did I was a big fan of FTB mods, particularly Tinker's Construct

Of course, if I started playing.... it would cut into my forum time.... ;)
  • Darckwar said:
  • As long as it's free and you're not scared of the odd cuddle plomph or two, I'd happily stalk you.
    edited June 2017
    Edit: Welp, don't know what happened here :confounded: 

I haven't played for some time, but when I last did I was a big fan of FTB mods, particularly Tinker's Construct

Of course, if I started playing.... it would cut into my forum time.... ;)
    Looks good, it's version 1.7.10... it's looking like a lot of mods are stuck at that version of MC so we might go with that?
    Who needs forum time when... okay, who am I kidding? :tongue:

Megs said:
    As long as it's free and you're not scared of the odd cuddle plomph or two, I'd happily stalk you.
    I'm going to pretend the last part of that statement isn't there xD
    It'll be free of course, though I'll probably put up a donation thing for server upkeep and whatnot.

It seems we have a few people interested in this, I'll see about starting a server today... there are 2 hours until the stream so I need to occupy myself with something. I have a local server running but it's just that, drop by the discord if you have a chance and we can talk about what we want on the server. I feel bad for the one person that joined earlier, they probably joined expecting a thriving community only to find me not even aware they joined :cry:

edited June 2017
    SleepyFox said:
    Darckwar said:
    That is insane! Omg, amazing job!
    I'm not a very good builder, I just enjoy casually building stuff, messing with redstone and talking to people. I can try my hand at modding again too; if there's any custom stuff we need.
    Cyreph said:
    In all honesty, I have not played Minecraft before, but I'm a great fan of Terreria and Starbound. 

Minecraft is fun. If you like Terreria then you should enjoy it  :)
    Bannith said:

I checked them out, witchery supports 1.7.10 and thaumcraft supports 1.8.9
    The version isn't a problem considering you can just select which version you want to run from the MC launcher. I'll see about setting up a discord or something later today so that we can discuss version and mods etc.
    Sounds like a fair plan to me. EDIT: I used my noodle and remembered which pack I was using! https://www.beyondrealitygaming.com/beyondrealitydivergence/

This pack seems to have a bit of everything running around in it. But I don't wanna pigeonhole anyone so I'd say everyone check it out and complain if applicable.

edited June 2017
    Bannith said:

Sounds like a fair plan to me. EDIT: I used my noodle and remembered which pack I was using! https://www.beyondrealitygaming.com/beyondrealitydivergence/

This pack seems to have a bit of everything running around in it. But I don't wanna pigeonhole anyone so I'd say everyone check it out and complain if applicable.

I'm checking it out now... starting the server up with this modpack takes forever though xD

Edit: This seems a little... overkill tbh. A lot of things going on, it looks like there are quests and everything included. And with over 200 mods things might get a little laggy :/ Just my opinion though.
  • SleepyFox said:
    Bannith said:

I'm checking it out now... starting the server up with this modpack takes forever though xD

Edit: This seems a little... overkill tbh. A lot of things going on, it looks like there are quests and everything included. And with over 200 mods things might get a little laggy :/ Just my opinion though.
    Ah ya i didn't think about hardware... on your end at least I'd host but my network REFUSES to open the port properly even when I do it myself -.-
  • i would join,but like most stuff, i think my lag will get in the way since im in Oz
  • Bannith said:
    Ah ya i didn't think about hardware... on your end at least I'd host but my network REFUSES to open the port properly even when I do it myself -.-
    Hosting isn't really a problem, I'd like to get dedicated hosting anyway. It's more that I doubt everyone is capable of running 200+ mods smoothly without lag or bugs etc.
    i would join,but like most stuff, i think my lag will get in the way since im in Oz
    Unfortunately, there isn't much I can do about that... :( Maybe it won't be too bad? You'll have to join to give it a go once I get the server running!
  • SleepyFox said:
    Bannith said:
    Hosting isn't really a problem, I'd like to get dedicated hosting anyway. It's more that I doubt everyone is capable of running 200+ mods smoothly without lag or bugs etc.
    i would join,but like most stuff, i think my lag will get in the way since im in Oz
    Unfortunately, there isn't much I can do about that... :( Maybe it won't be too bad? You'll have to join to give it a go once I get the server running!
    Tbh Idk that really depends on who all we get but if your going dedicated I think the issues drop off pretty quick. My buddy was hosting and playing that pack at the same time when we ran it. No issues til his computer decided to update windows and corrupted the save file. XD

The people working on that pack tend to go through and optimize/rework what they can to fit together as best as possible. So the only real answer I got is "We won't know til we try but if anyone has a better idea speak up please."
    edited July 2017
    Bannith said:

Tbh Idk that really depends on who all we get but if your going dedicated I think the issues drop off pretty quick. My buddy was hosting and playing that pack at the same time when we ran it. No issues til his computer decided to update windows and corrupted the save file. XD

The people working on that pack tend to go through and optimize/rework what they can to fit together as best as possible. So the only real answer I got is "We won't know til we try but if anyone has a better idea speak up please."
    That depends on the server, I'm not rich enough to pay for a good server :cry: I'm about to buy one of BeastNode's budget servers for the moment. I'm still hesitant to use a modpack, I'd rather hand pick the mods that we want rather than having an extra 100+ mods we don't use. Come into the discord and discuss! https://discord.gg/YR2BbDd