Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Ashes of Minecraft - An Ashes themed Minecraft Server, online now!

2»

Comments

• Options
    SleepyFox said:
    I haven't played Minecraft in a long time but I was thinking of what might be a good idea for a more casual community game that everyone can get involved in. The first idea to come to mind was Minecraft, I don't know if any of you actually play or even like it, but what are your thoughts?

Or is there a different game that fits as a casual thing that we can all involve ourselves in as a community? 

Edit: Discord link: https://discord.gg/YR2BbDd

I could host one.
  • Options
    Fleelix said:
    SleepyFox said:
    I haven't played Minecraft in a long time but I was thinking of what might be a good idea for a more casual community game that everyone can get involved in. The first idea to come to mind was Minecraft, I don't know if any of you actually play or even like it, but what are your thoughts?

Or is there a different game that fits as a casual thing that we can all involve ourselves in as a community? 

Edit: Discord link: https://discord.gg/YR2BbDd

I could host one.
    Well... I just bought a server :tongue:

The server address is on discord if you want to join but right now I'm just trying out mods and setting things up, you're all welcome to help :)

• Options
    SleepyFox said:
    Darckwar said:
    Here is my Dwarf build I'm working on in SP on my off time 200 by 200 by 130 block 
    That is insane! Omg, amazing job!
    I'm not a very good builder, I just enjoy casually building stuff, messing with redstone and talking to people. I can try my hand at modding again too; if there's any custom stuff we need.
    Cyreph said:
    In all honesty, I have not played Minecraft before, but I'm a great fan of Terreria and Starbound. 

I don't mind trying out Minecraft if it's an AoC community thing. 
    Minecraft is fun. If you like Terreria then you should enjoy it  :)
    Bannith said:
    I love magic and tech mods but those 2 are so indepth that I just loving playing and researching them. They were so popular for a while that people made mod addons for em as well if i remember right.

Their 1.7.6 i think though in version number for base MC...
    I checked them out, witchery supports 1.7.10 and thaumcraft supports 1.8.9
    The version isn't a problem considering you can just select which version you want to run from the MC launcher. I'll see about setting up a discord or something later today so that we can discuss version and mods etc.
    Best I could do was a chicken slaughterhouse... Using a red stone dispenser that shoots eggs so you'll get chicks that will eventually grow up into chickens. Let them live for a while so you can collect eggs with hoppers, pull one lever and the chickens would get killed and cooked at the same time. Repeat the process for infinite eggs and chicken meat! :wink:
  • Options
    Dolan said:
    SleepyFox said:
    Darckwar said:
    Here is my Dwarf build I'm working on in SP on my off time 200 by 200 by 130 block 
    I'm not a very good builder, I just enjoy casually building stuff, messing with redstone and talking to people. I can try my hand at modding again too; if there's any custom stuff we need.
    Cyreph said:
    In all honesty, I have not played Minecraft before, but I'm a great fan of Terreria and Starbound. 

Bannith said:
    I love magic and tech mods but those 2 are so indepth that I just loving playing and researching them. They were so popular for a while that people made mod addons for em as well if i remember right.

The version isn't a problem considering you can just select which version you want to run from the MC launcher. I'll see about setting up a discord or something later today so that we can discuss version and mods etc.
    Best I could do was a chicken slaughterhouse... Using a red stone dispenser that shoots eggs so you'll get chicks that will eventually grow up into chickens. Let them live for a while so you can collect eggs with hoppers, pull one lever and the chickens would get killed and cooked at the same time. Repeat the process for infinite eggs and chicken meat! :wink:
    Not good enough, you need to hook that system up with a crap ton of repeaters and make it automatic xD

I've updated the OP with some server info, you can all join at any time now, provided you have the required mods installed. Please note, though, that the server is still in the making, it will be restarted often and the map is likely to change.
  • Options
    SleepyFox said:
    Dolan said:
    SleepyFox said:
    Darckwar said:
    Cyreph said:

Bannith said:

Not good enough, you need to hook that system up with a crap ton of repeaters and make it automatic xD

I've updated the OP with some server info, you can all join at any time now, provided you have the required mods installed. Please note, though, that the server is still in the making, it will be restarted often and the map is likely to change.
    I did that with repeaters and all. It was completely automatic. Just need to use 2 levers. 1 for eggs, 1 for meat and feathers.
  • Options
    Disclaimer: This is not a shameless bump for attention.

Hey, everyone! Just wanted to bump the thread give everyone a progress report!
    We've had some good ideas for the server, you can read them in the updated OP. We aren't finished setting the server up yet but I'd like to get started on filling out some content, so if there are any writers who are interested in making quests and NPCs dialogues and such then please send me a message or join the discord! We'd love to have you on board!
  • Options
    Darckwar said:
    I love Minecraft I'm up for it and i'm a great builder as well. I run 1.10.2 for the mods like chisels & bits and WorldEdit.
    I love the idea, but would also like chisels & bits. I can't seem to play modded without it these days. You've already covered my other favorite mod, Optifine, so all good there :)
  • Options
    Running FTB at all?  I'm fond of direwolf. 

I really don't want to play Minecraft at all if it doesn't have Tinker's Construct in it. 
    I gotta have my dwarven forge,  don'tcha know?  ;)
  • Options
    lexmax said:
    Darckwar said:
    I love Minecraft I'm up for it and i'm a great builder as well. I run 1.10.2 for the mods like chisels & bits and WorldEdit.
    I love the idea, but would also like chisels & bits. I can't seem to play modded without it these days. You've already covered my other favorite mod, Optifine, so all good there :)
    Just installed Chisel & Bits (along with Flat Colored Blocks) Omg... what on earth have I been missing? This thing is incredible!

I really don't want to play Minecraft at all if it doesn't have Tinker's Construct in it. 
    Not running FTB, I want to handpick mods that fit the server. I've been looking at Tinker's Construct, I've had the tab open for a day or two now. I'll probably add it in soon now that you've asked for it!
  • Options
    I'll wait for the super duper 4k...  :D
  • Options

I got looking at it today, the mod looks great.. huh? Ehh, server? Tinker's Construct is installed?!
    Tinker's construct is a great addition to the server, really adds to crafting!
  • Options
    SleepyFox said:

I got looking at it today, the mod looks great.. huh? Ehh, server? Tinker's Construct is installed?!
    Tinker's construct is a great addition to the server, really adds to crafting!
    Yeah, I've been playing Direwolf20 v1.10 (Minecraft v1.7.10) and it's a really nice well balanced play experience, at least it has been in my personal experience so far.

I've only just started playing around with Thaumcraft in it, too... which is a crazy complex and detailed magic system.  Its rather impressive. Definitely time consuming to master though. 

And there's also a nice Fanver FTB Direwolf20 higher res texture pack that seems to support most of the included mods too, to round off the experience. 

There's definitely more mods in it than I'd personally take advantage of, but it's nice to see the variety in the world. 

That Tinker's Construct though, I love that thing.  I love building me a smeltery.  ;)
  • Options

Just forged the right tool for the right dwarf...  ;)
  • Options
    I mean it could be a 1.1 no plugin server. It'd be fun which there is a lot  of them, but that'd be special to the community.
  • Options

So you're saying it's hammer time? :lol:
  • Options
    So, I want do play on this server, but I don't know how to install these mods. Do I just plop them in my mods folder? I haven't played Minecraft in a while and it's been even longer since I've modded it.
  • Options
    Jump on over to their discord, they are very helpful over there :)

https://discord.gg/phcryH
  • Options
    @Rumbleforge... you will love this server. 

• Options
    lexmax said:
    @Rumbleforge... you will love this server. 

Me home! :D
  • Options
    Figure that now I've dumped a bunch of time into this, I should make a post here, too.

Come play with us! (Especially if you know how to mod, but we're just messing around right now trying to get this put together.)
  • Options
    Gurudia said:
    Figure that now I've dumped a bunch of time into this, I should make a post here, too.

Come play with us! (Especially if you know how to mod, but we're just messing around right now trying to get this put together.)
    I really enjoyed playing with you guys the other day. I'll definitely be back! :)
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited July 2017
    I might be interested in writing some questlines/story elements although I'm not sure how to work with mods. I'll definitely pop by to try my hand at some building and such.
  • Options
    Bran said:
    I might be interested in writing some questlines/story elements although I'm not sure how to work with mods. I'll definitely pop by to try my hand at some building and such.
    The mods aren't too hard to work with, if you're confused at all then you can watch a youtube tutorial or just ask me and I'll try to help as much as I can! There's definitely a place for writers, there's an entire dwarf city that needs to be populated with NPCs and quests. 
  • Options
    Phew! Hi everyone, I just wanted to let everyone know of the progress we've made in the past few days, first off is this awesome port (WIP)

Incredible, right? Honestly, I'm a little scared of Darck's building skills :fearful:
    A name for the city has been decided, Dolmiir! It's the last remaining city of San Dal's (San Dal is the world's name, I'm sorry, I had no say in this matter) civilisations. Now, the races have gathered together in a last ditch effort to buy time against the powerful monsters that populate San Dal. What are they buying time for? To open the portal of course! The world of New San Dal awaits!

Come join the fun, whether your interests lie in building, adventuring, or crafting, then Ashes of Minecraft is the place for you! Huh? You're not interested in any of that? How about writing? Drawing? Programming? This is an ashes community server, the purpose of Ashes of Minecraft is to bring all of us closer together, not just to run a successful Minecraft server. So come and join in on the fun, even if it's just to casually take a look, we're happy to welcome new Ashlings!

Discord: https://discord.gg/rJV6Sa5
  • Options
    Behind the scenes cat hugging:

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited July 2017
    I was just given an awesome tour of the server! Epic builds, quests, dwarves... all drenched in Ashes lore! This place is amazing :)

• Options
    Playing SWL, slow and steady, not in hurry to anywhere.

I am mostly enjoying dungeon runs with fun groups. Currently elite 1 as IP 87 tank.