Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

What Race Will You Play?

So I'm sure this poll has been done numerous times but I am unable to find a recent one, so I figured I'd go ahead and do it again! I know when Tul'nar was first announced a looooot of people were super hyped about it. I was honestly wondering if that hype died down.

So what race are you playing and why are you choosing it?

Comments

• Options
    Dunir I think. It may change when we know more. The most tropical thing about me is the heat I generate in the restroom after a Flagon Friday!
  • Options
    Wood Elf because they are normally really good with a bow and as the name implies I tend to keep myself out of the thick of it. 
  • Options
    Personally I'm still leaning towards Tul'nar. I've always preferred the Dark Elf/Drow/Dunmer races. Hopefully with the customization ability of Tul'nar I can make that happen. From my understanding it will have the visual representation of one of the original races, but after a lot of time in the subterranean Underrealm they got some beast-like attributes/visuals; and you'll be able to choose whether its more humanoid or beastly. 
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    Something that fits best with an archer class.
    (I only assume elf will fit, but if it so happens dwarves will fit better to archer, I will play a dwarf, or anything else for that matter)
  • Options
    Kaelar more then likely but will wait to make final decisions until the racials and graphics on each race are out. 
  • Options
    Gothix said:
    Something that fits best with an archer class.
    (I only assume elf will fit, but if it so happens dwarves will fit better to archer, I will play a dwarf, or anything else for that matter)
    I honestly would not be surprised if those Nikua Dwarves, the Tropical ones, were decent with bow and/or ranged weapons. When I think of indigenous tropical peoples I image bows, throwing spears, and other ranged weapons that could be used for hunting on land or sea.

I would guess the Py'rai Elves would be decent with bows, but will also have a stealthiness about them. So my guess is Py'rai Elves would be good stealth archers with tracking where the Nikua Dwarves may be just more of straight up archers. 
  • Options
    ^ This fits my personal lore better, but it may change depending on how well it works with the Mage/Mage class. Also, Py'rai Elves smell.
  • Options
    lexmax said:
    ^ This fits my personal lore better, but it may change depending on how well it works with the Mage/Mage class. Also, Py'rai Elves smell.
    Yeah, I imagine the Empyrean Elves will be great casters. I could also imagine the Vek Orcs being decent casters as well. 
  • Options
    @lexmax we most certainly do not! The Empyrean Elves however smell of elderberries. 
  • Options
    I usually need to offset my nicey nicey heally heally with something dark or green, so Tul'nar under realm beast thingy sounds like my cup of tea.  at least looks wise it would be Tul'nar, but will see what passives/racial abilities we get before committing.
  • Options
    Py'rai Elf (Wood Elf) I think... really depends on how they end up looking. If not, the other elf version. Really looking forward to see at least some concept art for races!
  • Options
    The master race! Sorry, bad joke. Bad.
  • Options
    While I don't know what Underrealm ppl look like I will probably play them. Dwarf and shaman orc close second
  • Options
    @lexmax we most certainly do not! The Empyrean Elves however smell of elderberries. 
    "Fetch me a shrubbery!"
  • Options
    lexmax said:
    "Fetch me a shrubbery!"
    "You don't frighten us, Elvish pig dogs. Go and boil your bottoms, you sons of a silly person. I blow my nose at you, so-called "Mage ball master," you and all your silly Elven K-nig-hts." :D
  • Options
    Where's the option for "ALL OF THEM!"?
  • Options
    We can only choose one??

So far:
    Vek Predator - orc Rogue seems off the beaten path
    Vek Bard - again seems off the beaten path
    Vaelar Bard - Dygz will basically be me as a reporter
    Tulnar Rogue - 'cause the underrealm race seems cool and unusual.
  • Options
    sunfrog said:
    The master race! Sorry, bad joke. Bad.
    Frogloks confirmed!! :p
  • Options
    Kratz said:
    lexmax said:
    "Fetch me a shrubbery!"
    "You don't frighten us, Elvish pig dogs. Go and boil your bottoms, you sons of a silly person. I blow my nose at you, so-called "Mage ball master," you and all your silly Elven K-nig-hts." :D
    Do not make me use thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch on you foe!
  • Options
    Kratz said:
    lexmax said:
    "Fetch me a shrubbery!"
    You silly sod!  Go on, Bors, chop its head off. ;)
  • Options
    I'm going to be a human. I try to make look as much like me as I can. Hopefully there wont be any penalty. Sometimes they make one race better at doing something than others
  • Options
    Kratz said:
    Kratz said:
    lexmax said:
    "Fetch me a shrubbery!"
    You silly sod!  Go on, Bors, chop its head off. ;)
    That all you got? Tis a flesh wound. Get back here and I'll bite cha legs off!!
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    My name and sig should indicate what type of Tulnar I'm hoping to play.
  • Options
    Need I say more..... *strokes lady dwarf beard*
  • Options
    As much as I want to play a human, it all depends on the racial traits and paths.  If I "need" to be a Dunir to make indestructible weapons... then I just might have to play a Dwarf!

...But if I can kill a Dwarf for his crafting secrets and recipes, humans are fine.  ;)
  • Options
    Caelron said:
    As much as I want to play a human, it all depends on the racial traits and paths.  If I "need" to be a Dunir to make indestructible weapons... then I just might have to play a Dwarf!

...But if I can kill a Dwarf for his crafting secrets and recipes, humans are fine.  ;)
    *gasp* QQ
  • Options
    It's also possible that "The Forgotten" underground race may be a "parent" race, just like the others, and there will be several sub-races or off-shoots of the race, too - especially after looking at the concept art shadows.
  • Options
    Renkai or Dunir for me
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Caelron said:
    It's also possible that "The Forgotten" underground race may be a "parent" race, just like the others, and there will be several sub-races or off-shoots of the race, too - especially after looking at the concept art shadows.

Unlikely. The Tulnar are made up of several forgotten races. They don't really have a sub-race. It's just a jumble of mixed-up genetics. And they seemingly share the same culture - lost in the Underrealm.
  • Options
    Vek master race! Although I will be very turned off if they end up being green..