Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Will we get new forums?

ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
edited July 2017 in Forum and Discord Help
So far I'm loving everything about "AoC" EXCEPT the forums!  I understand they want to keep a cohesive look across the site, but the forums are very visually straining.  After a while it starts to look like the wildstar color pallet threw up on the forums with various images thrown in to boot.  Because of this, it becomes very hard to read sometimes. Especially with the default font colors.  

Does anyone know if we will be getting new forums for launch?  Something larger, with more solid colors, and not a stationary picture background?  I think SWTOR does a pretty good job with forums, and I'm sure many other mmo's do too.  Opinions?

Comments

• Options
    These are the new forums @Warkov. You should have seen the old ones! ;)
  • Options

Hi @Warkov, The forums went through a change some 4 weeks ago and there have been tweaks since then. I've not read or heard anything to suggest that further large scale changes are in the work but keep sending your feedback constructively and who knows. I'm always up for forum improvements personally :) 

• Options
    lexmax said:
    omg the flash back
  • Options
    lexmax said:
    Speaking of which, I use the forums mostly on mobile and it's just a white background, and pretty plain. The old forums on mobile were brutal. I prefer the new ones. 
  • Options
    Well I guess I'm glad I missed it lol.  You know it wouldn't be as bad if even just our post box/frame/table had solid black background or something.  
  • Options
    Warkov said:
    Well I guess I'm glad I missed it lol.  You know it wouldn't be as bad if even just our post box/frame/table had solid black background or something.  
    they could do a lot more with it I agree but right now im happy they fixed the abomination that was the old forum 
  • Options
    That's why the gave out these:

https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/badge/survivor

Ahem... well they are planning to give them out I believe :worried:
  • Options
    Even these old gypsy eyes can see much better now then before.
  • Options
    lexmax said:
    That's why the gave out these:

https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/badge/survivor

Ahem... well they are planning to give them out I believe :worried:
    I wonder if they are still alive ?
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    It must have been really bad for them to make a badge for it, lol.  Does anyone have a screen shot of the old forums? Also, anyone have a good site where I can make one of those spiffy animated sigs everyone is rocking?
  • Options
    It's a long holiday weekend here thru Tuesday; so, I wouldn't count on anyone being active til Wednesday.
  • Options
    Warkov said:
    It must have been really bad for them to make a badge for it, lol.  Does anyone have a screen shot of the old forums? Also, anyone have a good site where I can make one of those spiffy animated sigs everyone is rocking?
    all photos were all burned as even a single glance world burn a man's soul
  • Options
    nagash said:
    Warkov said:
    This made me lol for real.
  • Options
    Warkov said:
    nagash said:
    Warkov said:
    This made me lol for real.
    glad you liked it ^^
  • Options
    Warkov said:
    We have several people in our community who are willing to make signatures for others.  Check out this thread.
  • Options
    Warkov said:
    So far I'm loving everything about "AoC" EXCEPT the forums!  I understand they want to keep a cohesive look across the site, but the forums are very visually straining.  After a while it starts to look like the wildstar color pallet threw up on the forums with various images thrown in to boot.  Because of this, it becomes very hard to read sometimes. Especially with the default font colors.  

Does anyone know if we will be getting new forums for launch?  Something larger, with more solid colors, and not a stationary picture background?  I think SWTOR does a pretty good job with forums, and I'm sure many other mmo's do too.  Opinions?
    Some browsers have a reader view that removes clutter and such.  Firefox's reader view turns this page white with black text.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    They should give people the option to change the background to black or grey if they don't like it. That makes it easier for some people to read without getting a headache of all the colours and the background. They should also give people the option to disable GIFS and GIF signatures since those are constantly repeating while you are trying to focus on reading. Some might prefer this option to disable GIFS ;)

This is just what I would do :)
  • Options
    No one is ever satisfied, much like the women in my life...
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    I'm a little sad that no one in the thread already suggested the answer to his problem! 

@Warkov Check out the forum extension in my signature for Google Chrome. There is a gif that shows you how to chamge the colors and layouts. It's super easy!

http://cohortgaming.com/aoc-forums

-tug

• Options
    @Dolan check out my sig!
  • Options
    tugowar said:
    I'm a little sad that no one in the thread already suggested the answer to his problem! 

@Warkov Check out the forum extension in my signature for Google Chrome. There is a gif that shows you how to chamge the colors and layouts. It's super easy!

-tug

awesome will do! thank you

• Options
    Okay, one more question.  Whenever I try to create me sig, it says images are not allowed.  I've tried both direct link and html, but I get the same error.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • Options
    Warkov said:
    Okay, one more question.  Whenever I try to create me sig, it says images are not allowed.  I've tried both direct link and html, but I get the same error.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    That's a known bug. The admins are working on it :)
  • Options
    lexmax said:
    Warkov said:
    That's a known bug. The admins are working on it :)
    Thank you for the quick response!
  • Options
    the only problem I see with these forums is that quotes and text sigs are not sufficiently contrasted from the message body that it can be hard sometimes to see what the post was meant to be.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    BearCare said:
    the only problem I see with these forums is that quotes and text sigs are not sufficiently contrasted from the message body that it can be hard sometimes to see what the post was meant to be.
    Hey @BearCare I love reading it on my screen using the "No BG Image" theme from http://cohortgaming.com/aoc-forums   Fixes that contrast problem right up and makes it wider to boot.

Since this thread is like 100% on topic, I'm just gonna keep spamming it...

• Options
    This topic made me chuckle with the forums just getting a massive overhaul. Though I do tend to agree about the bright white for the mobile site.  :)
This discussion has been closed.