Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Weapons: Styles/Designs

2»

Comments

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited May 2018
    @Nelirya

They look good. Unbounded artistic flare, but still within the realms of functional feasibility.
    From a weapon makers perspective mass kills....but also kills speed and control.
    So the best performers have the mass only where its needed.

Potion launchers I am not sure on as its an alien concept to me.
    I understand throwing grenades.
    Perhaps they would be practical for extreme range.
    Much like a trebuchet for long range bulk AoE.
    :thinking:
  • Options
    Pink n purple duel vibrator sword n dagger skin.
  • Options
    @Nelirya

They look good. Unbounded artistic flare, but still within the realms of functional feasibility.
    From a weapon makers perspective mass kills....but also kills speed and control.
    So the best performers have the mass only where its needed.

Potion launchers I am not sure on as its an alien concept to me.
    I understand throwing grenades.
    Perhaps they would be practical for extreme range.
    Much like a trebuchet for long range bulk AoE.
    :thinking:
    I am very uncertain about there potion throwers myself, did not really expect to see something like that. wonder why/how in what way they will be used as weapons (apart from the obvious; shooting... potions? :S ).
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited May 2018
    I am wondering which sub-class will be designed with potion launcher as their primary weapon.
    Seemingly some type of Bard? 
  • Options
    Did you want to be carrying a 20kg bow weight at arms length for hours of war ?
    Are you really going to swing that sword with any kind of speed or control, if you can barely drag it across the floor ?
    Feasibility issues with designs, always grate on me something rotten.
    M'.....'mersion gets easily offended.
    :tongue:

Some gorgeous design concepts though, if only they had more practicality as part of the consideration.
    Weight should not really be an issue in a high fantasy setting where people can have magical strength and magic can create the illusion of light weight.

• Options
    I love these designs as far as a fantasy game goes (would not in real life).  They are beautiful and amazing.  My secondary thought is, how much of the detail of these items will actually render in game; same thoughts goes for armor.
  • Options
    T-Elf said:
    I love these designs as far as a fantasy game goes (would not in real life).  They are beautiful and amazing.  My secondary thought is, how much of the detail of these items will actually render in game; same thoughts goes for armor.
    UE4 is very good with range dependant Level of Detail.
    Plus shaders these days enable sparse files that can fill in the blanks, only when the LOD to that level is required.

So you wouldnt necessarily need 100 full size files for the detail of 100 armour sets if there were 10 levels of upgrade and you wouldnt need a level of detail any greater than your screen resolution could differentiate vs distance.

• Options
    T-Elf said:
    UE4 is very good with range dependant Level of Detail.
    Plus shaders these days enable sparse files that can fill in the blanks, only when the LOD to that level is required.

So you wouldnt necessarily need 100 full size files for the detail of 100 armour sets if there were 10 levels of upgrade and you wouldnt need a level of detail any greater than your screen resolution could differentiate vs distance.

So that's a maybe?
  • Options
    In Finnish mythology there is this musical instrument called kantele. It was used by seers and shamans to curse, cast spells and charm people & animals. I think this could be one good option to bards' weapon of choise.

Here is example of sound: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hNm-SkZ33Ds

• Options
    I need a sturdy Tower shield... I mean Roman centurion style none of this torso sized rubbish.
    And a nice thick flat edged broadsword... chopper style. 
    Not here for finesse, I'm here to cut down the front line.