Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

When is the expected name reservation?

Comments

• Options
    That has not been announced yet. 
  • Options
    At least 1.5+ years away ;)
  • Options
    Kratz said:
    I'm going to say 1.6yrs Drew.
  • Options
    I hope I am around when they send out the emails x.x I can't miss out on my name D:
  • Options
    Karthos said:
    Kratz said:
    I'm going to say 1.6yrs Drew.
    1.87 on a undercover.....
  • Options
    Putting in a formal request to scrap name reservations altogether and use a more modern, account#-based system, so that people can use any character name they like.

Account-based name restrictions are a symptom of old methods & technology; no real reason for them at this point. (Before people jump down my throat, note that this is how Discord and most other modern platforms work).
  • Options
    VoxoV said:
    Putting in a formal request to scrap name reservations altogether and use a more modern, account#-based system, so that people can use any character name they like.

Account-based name restrictions are a symptom of old methods & technology; no real reason for them at this point. (Before people jump down my throat, note that this is how Discord and most other modern platforms work).
    It may be too late for this considering people have paid money to do so with the KS and Summer packages. 
  • Options
    Sintu said:
    VoxoV said:

It may be too late for this considering people have paid money to do so with the KS and Summer packages. 
    Not too late; you'd just reserve the whole account name range.
  • Options
    That's ok, I am still collecting names I want to reserve......./continues to write (yes, I CAN write!) and add to list.......@Kratz (btw you have "rat" in your name?! :o, @Nagash, @Sintu, @Rumbleforge, @Karthos, and Howler and @Relwoh, @Czar, @Flower and...

• Options
    That's ok, I am still collecting names I want to reserve......./continues to write (yes, I CAN write!) and add to list.......@Kratz (btw you have "rat" in your name?! :o, @Nagash, @Sintu, @Rumbleforge, @Karthos, and Howler and @Relwoh, @Czar, @Flower and...

Don't make me call the horned rat
  • Options
    VoxoV said:

Not everything "old" is bad.   
  • Options
    Probbaly soon after the summer campain or when the alphas get close.

• Options
    Not everything "old" is bad.   
    Agreed. I'm old.   I prefer to think original and still the best ;)
  • Options

Then I'll just have to leave it up to fate and hope I paid more money than you did.
  • Options
    I hope I am around when they send out the emails x.x I can't miss out on my name D:
    Neither can I! :wink:
  • Options
    If anyone takes my name I will be most unimpressed 
  • Options

O o
  • Options
    Kratz said:

I'm going ahead and putting my favorite name out right now.  Please don't anyone take Gfhkwqlfxam.  I just could not play with any other name.
  • Options
    Kratz said:

Then I'll just have to leave it up to fate and hope I paid more money than you did.
    Well considering my total input to date is zero, any investment on your part will beat me. I'm still at the skeptic stage.
    nagash said:

You......wouldn't.....dare.
  • Options
    Kratz said:

Well considering my total input to date is zero, any investment on your part will beat me. I'm still at the skeptic stage.
    nagash said:

You......wouldn't.....dare.
    Just watch me 
  • Options

Given other mmos, we might not be able to use names that are being used by npcs... So I wouldn't have to use up my name reservation... just get you immortally remembered as an npc.

Bwahahahaha.

Not sure if I've thought this through well....

• Options

Yes yes, it's only natural that you'd want to be like me.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited July 2017
    nagash said:
    If anyone takes my name I will be most unimpressed 
    If anyone wants your name, I will be impressed.  :p