Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Is anyone else hyped for the PvP in AoC?

Hey guys!
Everytime I see a Twitch stream and the Devs talking about AoC I only think about the ways how the Combat will turn out in PvP and im hyped about the fact that PvE and PvP don't have their own 'game' like in other MMO's!
I am really interested into the Seattle PAX combat associated stuff!

How do you feel about the PvP?

Comments

• Options
    think the PvP will work depending on the combat . think having PvP and PvE blended into one is great 
  • Options
    I can't wait to see arena pvp xD I look forward to Ashes but sometimes after work I just want to do arenas/bgs so I hope the arenas etc in Ashes will be quick queues and fun xD
  • Options
    I'm so hyped I am bulk buying Mice and keyboards, so when old age and slow reactions cause my demise I can take it out on said peripherals and still carry on playing.
  • Options
    Paulsteel said:
    Hey guys!
    Everytime I see a Twitch stream and the Devs talking about AoC I only think about the ways how the Combat will turn out in PvP and im hyped about the fact that PvE and PvP don't have their own 'game' like in other MMO's!
    I am really interested into the Seattle PAX combat associated stuff!

How do you feel about the PvP?

Hyped just like you! :wink:
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited July 2017
    Yes, I cannot wait also. They'll have it tough finding a rule set that will appeal to both sides of the spectrum but that's why that to deliver on the corruption system.  The large scale PvP will be fun in the open world but I prefer the small scale stuff/myself and duels etc.
  • Options
    Kratz said:
    Yes, I cannot wait also. They'll have it tough finding a rule set that will appeal to both sides of the spectrum but that's why that to deliver on the corruption system.  The large scale PvP will be fun in the open world but I prefer the small scale stuff/myself and duels etc.
    Duel arena has been confirmed I believe. 5 vs 5 or 10 vs 10. Don't really know how big the groups will be.
  • Options
    I can't wait for open world PVP as I can bring my cult and minions to full power 
  • Options
    Not being forced into a faction is one of the main things that drew me too ashes, and thus how the pvp on the larger scale will be driven by player alliances, alliances that can shift and change over time. So yes am very much looking forward to pvp in ashes,
  • Options
    Yes, aiming to be on the top ladders.
  • Options
    Fleelix said:
    Yes, aiming to be on the top ladders.
    Wish I could join you with that, but I think it's not possible unless you spend more than 2 - 3 hours a day on this game.
  • Options
    I'm so hyped I am bulk buying Mice and keyboards, so when old age and slow reactions cause my demise I can take it out on said peripherals and still carry on playing.
    Omg, that's it. Slow reactions pvp alliances. Hmmmm.....*gets thinking*
  • Options
    Hopefully it will be possible to 1vX because thats usually the situation I'm in the most. When numbers become the deciding factor it gets boring quickly. 
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited July 2017
    Neviathan said:
    Hopefully it will be possible to 1vX because thats usually the situation I'm in the most. When numbers become the deciding factor it gets boring quickly. 
    1 vs 5 noobs, sure, I guess thats possible. But 1 v 5 as a rogue for example, if it's possible to 1 vs 5 pro players, I'd say thats kinda overpowered. 1 vs 2 pro players, sure. If you're really good, that would be cool.
  • Options
    I have not PvPed for years, but I am so excited for it in AoC. PvP for your "home" in sieges, and the feeling of having skin in the fight, not just gear/rank, excites me the most.
    Then again I am hoping overall this game delivers. It will be such breath of fresh air.
  • Options
    Does a good verbal spar count?
  • Options
    The last pvp I played was in ESO. I ran an outfit in Planetside1 where it was almost unheard of a gal playing such a game and I enjoyed DAoC immensely  I enjoy the group dynamics and using good  tactics.    PvP has to have a purpose for me.  That is what I look forward to in Ashes pvp.    
  • Options
    I'm really looking forward to seeing the world change due to the conflicts. I for one am super excited to see my first metropolis fall and burn to the ground while also seeing which city takes its place. I think this system is going to be truly exciting. 
  • Options
    I'm really looking forward to seeing the world change due to the conflicts. I for one am super excited to see my first metropolis fall and burn to the ground while also seeing which city takes its place. I think this system is going to be truly exciting. 
    True! Where war is, there's business! Since i'm going to focus on crafting and the stock exchange, I think I'm going to be rich once war has arrived to the metropolis where I would live.
  • Options
    Dolan said:
    True! Where war is, there's business! Since i'm going to focus on crafting and the stock exchange, I think I'm going to be rich once war has arrived to the metropolis where I would live.
    I'm getting a strong Professor Moriarty vibe from you......Someone call Holmes!

• Options
    Dolan said:

I'm not going to start a war or something. I'm just saying that if a war breaks out between my home metropolis and another metropolis, I'm going to make full use of that ;) I'm not a criminal, I'm a trader! :tongue:
  • Options
    Dolan said:
    Neviathan said:
    1 vs 5 noobs, sure, I guess thats possible. But 1 v 5 as a rogue for example, if it's possible to 1 vs 5 pro players, I'd say thats kinda overpowered. 1 vs 2 pro players, sure. If you're really good, that would be cool.
    You are so right. Really hope the devs are agreeing with this. 
  • Options
    Get hype!
  • Options
    Dolan said:
    Dolan said:

I'm not going to start a war or something. I'm just saying that if a war breaks out between my home metropolis and another metropolis, I'm going to make full use of that ;) I'm not a criminal, I'm a trader! :tongue:
    That is exactly how the Professor would view himself.....I've got my eye on you.
  • Options
    I'm just excited to watch all the pros duke it out in Arena while I make bets with my friends.. wait, we can spectate arena matches right? Like from the crowds
  • Options
    I'm hoping we can spectate arena matches from stadium seats!
    Yeah!
  • Options
    Can't wait for pvp! I'm def not a raider.
    I've often wondered if a world scope battleground pvp wood be cool and work....
    i.e. - where the objective randomly spawns in the world and a team has to go retrieve it and bring it back to their base...<--- just using this as an example)..just imagine fighting all over the world to the said place and then back to home base...I think that would create some epic battles, and allow those onlookers (if you had to go through a city/town) the ability to join in the battle.
    this might be doable, but what I've always seen, people don't like long drawn out pvp matches...but then again "IF' anyone remembers the multiple day long matches in Vanillla wow for Alterac Valley? Then again that was when wow was in it's prime and people had moss growing on their shoulders because they never left the game. *snickers*
    not sure if this could be instanced or not since it would require you to possibly travel the whole world or a at least a large portion of it.
    The two teams areas would have to have defenders as well because both could be destroyed and taken over....so imagine fighting all the way to said object and retrieve it and when you get back to your base it's been overthrown and now you have to fight to get it back.
    was just using a fetch and retrieve scenario as an example...the potential for this is limitless.....
    thoughts?
  • Options
    Dygz said:
    I'm hoping we can spectate arena matches from stadium seats!
    Yeah!
    And we can throw vegetables at the losers!!!
    Image result for throw tomato

• Options
    I am excited to see how the keystroke time window that they spoke about on the 6/30 stream would work.