Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Will people who start playing the game at a later date not get the full experience?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Depends.
    May just take them longer, but...
    There may be more joy from starting with established cities.
    Grass is always greener...
  • Options
    sunfrog said:
    I think yes. They will miss out. If a metropolis springs up it will be very hard to bring down. In the beginning any city that is larger than it's neighbors will have an advantage and will kill all the smaller ones so it doesn't have to face them later. It will continue this behavior when it's a metropolis. See a new city and kill it before it becomes a threat unless it's in a good spot and has the metropolis' blessing. The start of the game will be the most important time.
    Not necessarily true.  If what we've been told about how the economy holds true, than neighboring towns/cities would be dependent upon the other, in order to progress.  Because of resource allotment/allocation, which in itself is dependent upon seasonal changes, and other geographical conditions, no one town/city would be totally self sufficient.  That's where trade comes in, and why it plays such an important role, in Ashes.  All these things, plus adventuring, and such, add to the progression of a nodes development, and maintenance.

Could a town, that progresses to a metropolis, destroy nearby neighboring nodes, to stave off possible future threats?  Yes.  But, in turn, it would seriously debilitate it's ability to sustain the kind of econonomic health, to stay a metropolis.  

Remember, sieges are one way for nodes to be destroyed, or de-leveled.  An inability to sustain the overall health of a node, is another.  One of those "consequences".

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited July 2017
    New players could still experience the beginning game. There will be many nodes all different levels. They would just have an uphill climb to delevel other nodes to level theirs. With 5 lvl 6 nodes we could still have for example 10-20 other lv 1-5 
  • Options
    Possum said:
    Crymoar said:

Now, the cycle lengths will probably vary greatly by server based which guilds are running things.

I really don't want to see the mega-guilds control everything.  I'm hoping to see a large alliance of smaller guilds develop a node and maintain it as a "free city" of sorts that is open to all, providing they don't do anything contrary to the well-being of the city.

This is something that I would like to see as well

Another thing that could happen is an expansion could bring a larger would. Which posibly means higher limit of metropolis,  but definitely means more nodes.
    I feel that if they were to add an expansion, this would be a really cool way to go about it. I would also like if the new area of the world to have new natural resources that could be traded to the other cities.
  • Options
    Dygz said:
    BaddiNaddi 
    No one will get the full experience because Ashes is a dynamic world rather than a static world.
    Things will happen in different regions of the world and when we are offline - and we will just miss it.

But, that's great because then we can be fascinated by the stories people tell of the experiences we missed.

Even with fresh servers, we can't experience everything.
    Gather round the campfire folks, let me tell you about the rise and fall of "City McCityface".
  • Options
    Possum said:
    Crymoar said:

Now, the cycle lengths will probably vary greatly by server based which guilds are running things.

I really don't want to see the mega-guilds control everything.  I'm hoping to see a large alliance of smaller guilds develop a node and maintain it as a "free city" of sorts that is open to all, providing they don't do anything contrary to the well-being of the city.

This is something that I would like to see as well

Another thing that could happen is an expansion could bring a larger would. Which posibly means higher limit of metropolis,  but definitely means more nodes.
    I feel that if they were to add an expansion, this would be a really cool way to go about it. I would also like if the new area of the world to have new natural resources that could be traded to the other cities.
  • Options
    Dygz said:
    BaddiNaddi 
    No one will get the full experience because Ashes is a dynamic world rather than a static world.
    Things will happen in different regions of the world and when we are offline - and we will just miss it.

But, that's great because then we can be fascinated by the stories people tell of the experiences we missed.

Even with fresh servers, we can't experience everything.
    Gather round the campfire folks, let me tell you about the rise and fall of "City McCityface".
  • Options
    I believe everyone will get the full experience seeing as how there is no end game and metropolis' are going to rise and fall, there's always a chance to catch up and make your name. 
  • Options
    Seems a few of my messages got sent again, weird
  • Options
    Seems a few of my messages got sent again, weird
    I bet that happened to a bunch a people's posts at 9:51. :p
  • Options
    I'm mostly worried about Karthos having a good time.