Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

PVE vs PVP armor

2»

Comments

• Options
    "excuse me sir, stop attaching me while I just place this PvP armour on... My thanks old chum, ok let battle commence"
    I don't think I would ever see that when somthing is at stake, like all the minerals that person had just gathered for instance. They would just stab you and take it not wanting much of a fight back.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited February 2018
    Well since some stats abilities are better suited to pvp than pve then you will always have a pvp set.  Plus some pve items are just to powerful to be allowed in pvp mainly the ones that have special procs or gives you some minor abilities or extra permanent buff.  

But really making a map and just putting toons in their without some gear regulations will make huge pvp game balance issues a serious headache.  Intriped Studios said that they were going with just one set of gear.  Guessing they are working on some system just have not heard to much about it.

So only having one set of pve gear has been confirmed.
  • Options
    If I remember correctly the developers said that there will not be stats on gear, just armor/resistance and Damage output.  If that is the case then we are likely not going to see stats that are going for PVE and stats good for PVP.  
  • Options

Will different races have different base stats for identical class?

1. Yes
    2. Race seeds it
    3. Class grows it
    4. Secondary Class grows as well

• Options
    In the Alpha zero livestream in December there were stats on the armor and weapons. It being pre-alpha I imagine that it will all change at some point; I just wanted to point out that there were stats on armor at least at that point in time.
  • Options
    I would much rather not have a PVE PVP gear split, instead I think gear should be more tailored to different builds, and different builds have different niches in different parts of the game.

Considering they're going for a more freeform, dynamic PVP experience where you attack other players nodes and raid caravans, I think that PVP should simply be a means to secure PVE resources, and to split the two would be downright silly, a tank should be a tank in PVE and PVP, and a healer should be as effective at healing in PVE battles as well as PVP ones.

If you try to seperate the two with arbitrary statistical differences, you get a huge problem when it comes to balancing the two, instead, PVE should feed into PVP activities, pure PVPers should profit from PVP, to pay PVE focused players for their equipment, such as either being bandits and taking resources they need to make stuff, or by being bankrolled by PVEers to supplement their ranks.
  • Options
    Having a set for PVP and one for PVE is some artificial grinding mechanic that should stay with WoW.