Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

first look of the game

I realy like all of the Ideas for this game and can't w8 to play it. I hope it's like nothing I have played before, and by the looks of it I think this will be something really different than all the rest of the ruined games that was on the top. I like the idea of building things on our on terms and creating the whole history. I really have nothing to complaine about! hope it's as awesome as it sounds. kredz to all the creators D hope to hear more from u guys. 

Comments

• Options

Welcome @Faraoed! Hope you have a great ride on the hype train! :)

• Options
    thank you man :) aprusiate it :) can u tell me a little bit aboute the game ?? 

• Options
    That's a big question. Might wanna check out the live streams. They're all saved on twitch.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited July 2017
    Well, there a little we do know and a lot we don't so knowing where to start is half the thing. I suggest you watch a series by @DeathsProxy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exzc1P2ka1A&list=PLJvvIDgksu7OluQF-IeSzwh_AlEMe8m7s&index=1. He's a mod here and it's one of the best resources out there for the kind of questions that you or anyone new to the game may have.  
  • Options
    Welcome, fellow traveler! I see that good old @Kratz already linked you to my source of AoC knowledge :)

Feel free to ask us if you have any other questions about the game!
  • Options
    If Intrepid pulls off everything they want to do then this game will be a monster if a mmorpg. Probably even dethrone wow.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Eragus said:
    " If Intrepid pulls off everything they want to do then this game will be a monster if a mmorpg. Probably even dethrone wow. "
    The best thing I believe Intrepid should do  is listen to it's Community. And so far, its fantastic. Including their " Transparency " - something that most Devs don't do.

( but rather the opposite  :s )
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    @Eragus
    Because ... " sooome " Forum Members have fantastic ideas hoping that  Devs take notice
    :D  
  • Options
    I jjust want to know if it is better than eny other game out there becaus I am tiered of creators ruining the games that where good and now is shit. I want a game that exites me allot and makes me wanna play it :D that would be very fun @Kratz / @Rhoqaro
  • Options
    @Eragale is it realy going to be bether than wow?
  • Options
    faraoen said:
    @Eragale " is it realy going to be bether than wow? "
    Yes.  :)
  • Options
    faraoen  Welcome!  Hope you enjoy the ride on the Ashes express! We're all hoping it becomes the best ever.  
  • Options
    Rock on, new recruit! 
  • Options
    Welcome faraoen! Yes, we hope it'll be a WoW killer, course we won't know that till it's actually released.  Though I doubt it'll kill WoW, as they have servers upon servers of players that refuse any type of PVP.  Course they said every game that came out after Everquest was an EQ killer, here it is 18 years later, it's still around, granted in a wheelchair so to speak, but it's there.  So we'll just have to wait an see how it goes.
  • Options
    Welcome to The AoC community and the hype train, bud! make yourself at home here
    have fun. 
  • Options
    I hate the term "Wow killer",World of Warcraft has been a wonderful addition in many ways to the genre and has brought many players into the fold of MMORPGs.
    Although, World of Warcraft has focused on the accessibility of the genre and in doing so lost the immersion factor of what it takes to have the RPG factor. 
    I think many other releases such as Archeage, Rift, Tera, Aion, and many others have all been much better than World of Warcraft in many respects, but have scared off many crowds for decisions made from development, marketing, or just lack of thought behind endgame.

Steven has all the ideas and experience through playing MMOs to have come up with a really wonderful overarching game mechanic. I'll be watching (and testing), to really see if concerns of endgame and accessibility are being properly addressed.

To truly feel that you step foot into an open book and explore a massive world is always the best days of any MMO, the question is always how entertaining that world can be after you've explored every nook and cranny of the world. I know that in this world the idea is that it can change, but players aren't going to sit around waiting for that to happen, they need to be invested in the community way before that sets in.

World of Warcraft may be a very simple MMORPG, but the shear ease and accessibility of the game has made it a genre leader for decades. It's the ease for a community to play together in relatively simple content, that has kept it in that position. For many it's not the game-play that keeps players returning, it's the people they play alongside.

AoC's attention to community driving mechanics is the cornerstone of what COULD make this game beautiful in every way (and I really hope so). The community itself being the true lure for others to come flocking to it's banner. Given the right tools, enough content, and a real will to work together - it is indeed us, the player base that will really drive what AoC will be. It doesn't need to be an "anything" killer, it just needs a community that welcomes more and more to join in something creative, immersive, and engaging.
  • Options
    @Aroo very well said.  Community is one of the fundamental building blocks of a successful mmo.  Many companies simply gloss over that point, or spend little time developing it.  It seems Intrepid is not going that route which is fantastic.  Now is the absolute best time for Intrepid to really heavily invest in growing the community as a whole, and it will pay dividends for them down the road, but they need to make sure to keep frequent and continued dialog going between the players and dev team, even after launch of the game.