Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

The summer backers counter has just reset :(

Comments

• Options
    Image result for noooooooooooo
  • Options
    Not shocking. Glad I did not get my hopes up because I thought this was coming. Thanks for posting and clearing this up. 
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited July 2017
    I did get my hopes up
  • Options
    Someone explain the significance.
  • Options
    I figured it would. It wasn't a coincidence the timer gained 8,000 people in a few days-right when the kickstarter validation codes were sent out.
  • Options
    lexmax said:
    I did get my hopes up
    Me too :(   Not sure what happened.  I'm hoping it was a glitch because the backer numbers are so staggering!
  • Options
    The backer counter for the summer crowdfunding was reset due to some kind of glitch... It plummeted from nearly 8500 to just over 600, meaning all of the backer goals have not actually been unlocked. It's a bit sad, but not the end of the world.
  • Options
    Yes, Kickstarter backers weren't meant to add to the counter. The number shown now should be how many have pledged during the summer campaign. If only we had that many, huh!
  • Options
    So, out of the many people who complained (on these very forums) that they couldn't pledge, because they didn't have a viable option...so far, only a little over 600 have answered the clarion call, when opportunity comes a'knocking.  

lol Ok.

But, I shan't begrudge those some odd 600, the chance to participate in the crowdfunding, despite the disappointing lack of anticipated support.  Kudos to those brave souls, and thank you!

And, who knows?  Perhaps people are just waiting on their checks, or something.  I dunno, just reaching here.   :p

• Options
    So, out of the many people who complained (on these very forums) that they couldn't pledge, because they didn't have a viable option...so far, only a little over 600 have answered the clarion call, when opportunity comes a'knocking.  

lol Ok.

But, I shan't begrudge those some odd 600, the chance to participate in the crowdfunding, despite the disappointing lack of anticipated support.  Kudos to those brave souls, and thank you!

And, who knows?  Perhaps people are just waiting on their checks, or something.  I dunno, just reaching here.   :p

70%!!!!

:p  :p:p
  • Options
    Well I figured this would happen so I'm not disappointed.  What is disappointing is the backer count.  I think many people are waiting for their accounts to get associated and perks put in the STORE;  I know I am.  I hope they illustrate these perks like they did for Kickstarter.  I sure thought there would be more backers after all the crying that was posted.  *guess I can kiss the furniture goodbye*
  • Options
    T-Elf said:
    Well I figured this would happen so I'm not disappointed.  What is disappointing is the backer count.  I think many people are waiting for their accounts to get associated and perks put in the STORE;  I know I am.  I hope they illustrate these perks like they did for Kickstarter.  I sure thought there would be more backers after all the crying that was posted.  *guess I can kiss the furniture goodbye*
     :'( 
  • Options
    It was an obvious glitch, and I am glad they fixed it. It was also mentioned that kickstaters that upgrade WILL be counted, so do not lose hope. I do not know if the perk purchases (mounts and such) will count, if they do... its a no brainer that we will meet all the goals. Lets hope for the best!

I am glad that there are people able to take part in this that may not have been able to otherwise, or simply missed the kickstarter. Each additional backer we get makes the game that much better. 
  • Options

lol Ok.

@freespiryt
    Hey.. I am one of those 600, I couldn't pay until the store option.

But when you think about it, 600 is a lot (just not in comparison to the Kickstarter lol)
    Just imagine if 600 people all posted on the one forum thread, it'd seem like a lot then.
  • Options
    " And, who knows?  Perhaps people are just waiting on their checks, or something.  I dunno, just reaching here. "   :p
    My thoughts exactly
  • Options
    Dang. I want that Wand of Many Things :/
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Flameh0t said:

lol Ok.

@freespiryt
    Hey.. I am one of those 600, I couldn't pay until the store option.

But when you think about it, 600 is a lot (just not in comparison to the Kickstarter lol)
    Just imagine if 600 people all posted on the one forum thread, it'd seem like a lot then.
    And, for that sir, you have my most heartfelt, unadulterated thanks!

And, speaking of "imagine if 600 people all posted on the one forum thread", apparently you weren't here on the forums in the "olden days", lol.  Because, it did seem like 600 people were posting, and complaining, about lack of inclusiveness, due to KS's rigid payment options.  That was the stated reason for the Summer KS Extension...and all the furor that caused, with the whole "exclusive" stuff.  Glad that died down.  

But, as I posted elsewhere, I find it darkly humorous that those who worried about their exclusives being devalued, apparently had nothing to worry about, lol.

But, all that said, I'm exceedingly happy to have 6 or 600 new members to our Ashes family!  
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Sintu said:

lol Ok.

70%!!!!

70%.....lets see what the future holds. This screams greed to me. But i wont complain. Im upgrading and getting all the skins i can. But the fact still stands. 70% was never a true number. And i dont want to see this continuance for convenience of the community happen in the future. This sort of thing can really cause problems depending on the circumstances. And they really need to think about things like this. The last thing we need is another company burning us again. And im prepared to chargback the second my stuff isnt exclusive or isnt as sold.

And everyones gotten paid. Either twice monthly or every other week. Noone should be waiting on money at this point
  • Options
    It's pretty pathetic in my opinion, since we were told 70% of people that visited the site were unable to pledge to kickstarter.  Let's say, being extremely generous, 100% of the 30% that were able to pledge, did. (for around 19,500 backers) .  So the lowest number of potential backers visiting the site that couldn't pledge is 45,500.  637 backers is only 1.4% of the potential backers that were visiting the site that couldn't pledge.
  • Options
    The 70 percent number was pulled out of someones ass, and everyone ran with it. They have gotten so used to alternative facts in the US now they just take whichever voice is yelling the loudest and go with it rather than checking. Then again, trying to gauge actual numbers from something as vacuous as free forum accounts and discord logins was always going to end in failure.
  • Options
    I also think its stupid how we cant event reach 1k over how many days. If upgrades dont count then summer only backers got shafted. 

Always found it funny how a few can scream and its assumed those few are hundreds.
  • Options
    @UnknownSystemError I thought the 70% came from what Steven said on discord.  

• Options
    edited July 2017
    Seriously?

I'm surprised that you're surprised, if you were annoyed that you couldn't pledge to back a game....why would you ever visit the site for it again / until launch?

Unless emails have been sent out to all account owners on the forum that there was the second round of funding...And I don't remember getting one...why would you come back and how would you even know?

600 sounds astonishing to me given that
  • Options
    Had it been me I would've checked back on and off since the FAQ on kickstarter stated that they were working on a solution for people that couldn't pledge.  It had also been brought up quite a few times on discord and on the forums.  Maybe I'm just more persistent than most people.  ;)
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    NoeSparks said:
    I also think its stupid how we cant event reach 1k over how many days. If upgrades dont count then summer only backers got shafted. 

Always found it funny how a few can scream and its assumed those few are hundreds.
    Not sure what upgrades you're talking about?  Backer Goals?

The Summer KS was, as has been stated, only meant for those who felt like they were being left out, a way to contribute to the game, and get some nice things to boot.  As well as provide additional funding for the game, of course.  

Any Summer KS backers, regardless of the number, will get whatever the rewards included in whatever package they purchased.  Also, any original KS backers, will get the rewards included in any upgrades.  

The numbers of backers only affect Backer Goals, which are extras.  No big deal, imo.  I'm glad people who may have been left out, got a chance to "get in", no matter the number.

• Options
    NoeSparks said:
    Sintu said:

lol Ok.

70%!!!!

70%.....lets see what the future holds. This screams greed to me. But i wont complain. Im upgrading and getting all the skins i can. But the fact still stands. 70% was never a true number. And i dont want to see this continuance for convenience of the community happen in the future. This sort of thing can really cause problems depending on the circumstances. And they really need to think about things like this. The last thing we need is another company burning us again. And im prepared to chargback the second my stuff isnt exclusive or isnt as sold.

And everyones gotten paid. Either twice monthly or every other week. Noone should be waiting on money at this point
    Eh, it's not like they had their guild "like" boost them for fake internet points or anything...

So I forgive them. 
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    ks people don't get shafted at all, summer backers do. they ain't got a chance to reach any of their goals. the only way they do is if when i upgrade my ks package from say 500-1000. that itll count towards their counter.
  • Options
    Intrepid Studios is all like:

• Options
    @Ekimmu I wasn't on discord then, but the 70 percent number started getting thrown around right after the livestream where they mentioned the number of forum and discord account totals. I could go back and check to see if the number appears before 6/20, but I will instead take the stance that most do nowadays, and just believe that my truth invalidates all others.
  • Options
    I remember the 70% number being referred to as the amount of traffic they get on their website. As in 70% of all hits and accounts made on this site come from outside the US. 

I could be wrong. This is just one man's opinion.