Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

The summer backers counter has just reset :(

2»

Comments

• Options
    Seriously though, it is pretty funny.

Create a Kickstarter:  Get 19,576 backers.

"But if we asked for pledges outside of Kickstarter, we'd get over TWICE AS MANY!"

Create the Summer Crowdfunding:  Get 638 backers.

*sad trombone*
  • Options
    isnt it though
  • Options
    Thought it would be not suprised xD gogogo spread your referral link xD 
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited July 2017
    Please, don't do more apologies about count. Is known that counter was bugged and count when KS Backers inserted key codes... 

This is known from days ago and in this forums doing apologies about June backers goals. This only create confussion and disturb. 

Now, count mark correctly. 

Regards!!!! 
  • Options
    NoeSparks said:
    ks people don't get shafted at all, summer backers do. they ain't got a chance to reach any of their goals. the only way they do is if when i upgrade my ks package from say 500-1000. that itll count towards their counter.
    Sorry I don't see it as summer backers being shafted.  These people got a second chance to back Intrepid which caused an outrage in it's own ways.  Lacking CC's or hearing about it too late, lack of funds, they are all excuses like the dog eating your homework.   Do I begrudge them getting a second chance?  Not really but if they are in smaller numbers and the goals aren't met, too bad!  Crying and excuses only get you so far.
  • Options
    @NoeSparks also it has been clarified a couple different times that KS backers who UPGRADE or purchase A LA CARTE from the store WILL count towards June Backer goals. The numbers that got taken away were for people who had just applied their code to their account. Wait till they open it up for KS people to upgrade and the counter should climb. Now the real question is: When I order a la carte, if I order each item one at a time, does it advance the counter? So if I want 10 things, I could count as 10 backers. Bet they catch that one too.
  • Options
    I new it had to be a glitch it went up way to fast for people buying in to the game its at 644 at the moment. Wont be getting the magic wand with those numbers.
  • Options
    @NoeSparks also it has been clarified a couple different times that KS backers who UPGRADE or purchase A LA CARTE from the store WILL count towards June Backer goals. The numbers that got taken away were for people who had just applied their code to their account. Wait till they open it up for KS people to upgrade and the counter should climb. Now the real question is: When I order a la carte, if I order each item one at a time, does it advance the counter? So if I want 10 things, I could count as 10 backers. Bet they catch that one too.
    I did not know this. Thats good to know. Hopefully we wont have another counter problem like that aswell
  • Options
    Well, I knew it was too good to be true.

• Options

Ah well, can't say I'm surprised because the KS campaign did better than I thought it would considering how little advertising had been done. It seemed everybody joined KS because The Lazy Peon did a vid on Ashes.

Intrepid did what they thought was right to do and now we have a further 600 backers. It's just the way it is. :)

• Options
    lexmax said:
    The backer counter for the summer crowdfunding was reset due to some kind of glitch... It plummeted from nearly 8500 to just over 600, meaning all of the backer goals have not actually been unlocked. It's a bit sad, but not the end of the world.
    The Kickstarter had 19,576 backers!
  • Options
    With these 600 new backers we reached 20k people giving their money to a game that is going to be released 2-3 years from now. I think that's pretty amazing.