Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

How far is too far for movement abilities?

Some classes are bound to have abilities which allow them to travel some distance, whether its a teleport, jump or dash. The question is, what should this distance be? Each class should have a distance reflective of the role (assuming they get one) but when does it go from utility to something that they shouldn't have access to?
For example, as of right now, the fighter has the ability charge. If the ability range is too small its not practical but if its too far it would be unbalanced.
So, for you, how far is too far?

Comments

• Options
    Difficult to answer without a clearer context of course, but nice question. I'd probably go for 20-25m max? Whatever you use for such distances, the ranged classes would need a significant raise on distance so I suppose it should modify based on their max range abilities but we don't know yet. Anyway, guessing I'd say up to 25m is fine.
  • Options
    I agree it's difficult to answer :) I feel alpha and betas are good to help work out the right balance for skills like these :)