Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

The last time you took out a subscription to a game.

What option did you take. Was it 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, 9 months or yearly.
Did you base your time on how much saving per month you would get.

For me I start slow month by month, I need to know I want to play a game and see what the game has to offer. Once I decide I like it I sub for a longer period of time and I take the advantage of the small savings along the way.

The only 2 sub games I have every played was FFXIV for 3 months. Got to the end and said now what. My second game was Eve Online played 5 years with that enjoyed it until CCP lost their way with updates. Then I lost interest. But with Eve I too out either the 3 months or 6 months subs.

Comments

• Options
    • WoW for 4 years - monthly
    • FFXIV for 1 year - monthly
    Reason: No financial sense whatsoever
  • Options
    I paid yearly for the games I really liked and every three months for most others.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited July 2017
    -Wow for about 10 years. Started out doing monthly then decided to buy 2 month timecards because of Canadian to us exchange rates. 
    -Final fantasy 14 for 2 years using 2 month timecards. 
    -Starwars the old Republic monthly for 1 year. 
    -the secret world lifetime subscription. 
    There was other MMOs I subscribed for like Warhammer online, wildstar etc, but didn't sub for years. 
  • Options
    I bought ESO Plus monthly every once in awhile, but haven't fully committed to a sub since Vanilla WoW or Lineage 2.
  • Options
    I've been ESO Plus 6-monthly sub since it started. I'm working and know I like the game, so sub long-term for the best deal. I also use reward Crowns from the game to buy the DLC parts so if ever I do decide to not sub, I do still have the full game (except, haven't bought the new Morrowind expansion but will do eventually once many others have ironed out any kinks by reporting them).
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    When I was big into raiding on WoW during Wrath I took out 6 month subs at a time, but most games when I'm just trying them out I do the 1 month at a time. I believe I did 3 months at a chunk of time for Archeage until that went down hill.

Ashes will be the first game I went for a Life Time Sub.

I can't recall the others, but I'm assuming I did the same 1 month to start, then 3 after that. 

Memory is poor as it fills with more useless info about fart jokes and trivia

• Options
    I actually prefer games with a sub, though have played a few that didn't have one. Have been playing ESO since beta and pay in 6 month blocks, do the same for other games if the option exists.
    Its not a lot of money for the hours of entertainment I enjoy.
  • Options
    Anarchy Online = 1 year at a time
    SWTOR= 3 month sub
    ESO= 3 month sub
    LoTRO = lifetime sub
    AA= 3 month sub
    Secret World= Monthly

Many other games i cannot remember but usually went monthly to try them out.
  • Options
    WoW - 3 months 
    ffxiv - monthly 
    Will need to cancel my many Netflix/NowTV etc subs for Ashes lmao xD
  • Options
    Actually.... never xD
  • Options
    I've typically gone with monthly subs, for two reasons.  First, there's the initial uncertainty regarding whether or not @Isende and I will both enjoy the game.  Second, since everything we do with gaming is x2, it's easier on the budget to pay for the subs on a monthly basis.  True, it's a greater net cost over the same period than a lump sum sub.  But there usually isn't room in the budget to purchase 2 large subs at the same time.
  • Options
    I subscribed to WoW for 2 months, played like 16/60 days, got a level 100 mage panda, said this game is fucking shit and never played WoW again. x)
  • Options
    WoW 6 years, on 6month recurring (2005-2011)

FFXI one year on monthly
  • Options
    Aprox.
    Wow 2 years
    Eso 1 year
    Darkfall 1 year
    Swtor 2 years

Maybe some one more... I dont remember... 
  • Options
    I am still paying for everquest monthly but in the past I have paid for neocron monthly to. I could not tell you how long for though.
  • Options
    Always monthly.
  • Options
    Hmm, I really don't do much Sub Games. Unless you call paying for cash shop a sub LOL! But the real sub game I did play for a year or so back in the days when it was by sub was Aion (monthly).

• Options
    WoW-  3 months,
    Runescape - year

I've always played Runescape and I usually play WoW for 3 months before I get burned out.
  • Options
    I usually know up front if I'm going to like a game or if I am just going to  play to bide my time. 
    I normally take a 6 month sub otherwise 1 month if I'm only testing the waters.

• Options
    Eh I've payed subs for tons of games. Everquest, WoW, SWTOR, LOTRO...many others. Still pay for ESO +. 
    If it's a good game, I don't mind supporting them. 
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    6 months at a time typically if Available. I still pay for a 6 month sub since launch with ESO. i keep forgetting to spend my crowns though..lol. I have over 20,000  crowns in my ESO account right now. I get 9,000 per 6 month sub cycle. This game i Kickstart supported for the $500 Braver of Worlds level specifically for the lifetime sub though

• Options
    If a game is sub or F2P I'll pay a sub in the hope it gets better but they never do. LOTRO, SWTOR, ESO just to name a few of the later ones.
  • Options
    Kratz said:
    If a game is sub or F2P I'll pay a sub in the hope it gets better but they never do. LOTRO, SWTOR, ESO just to name a few of the later ones.
    They started as subs then when things got went sliding down hill and  people left in droves they went to F2P.  When I see F2P for a game I never expect much.  
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    The last game I subscribed to was ArcheAge. 3 Monthly that lasted for about 3 years. If I think of the amount of money that disappeared into that game.. oof.. I'm a sucker for costumes in cash shops. :s
    Before that I paid monthly for WoW. Sometimes I purchase a single month to play for a bit again.
  • Options
    I havent subbed since EQ. I played WoW but on a family account so i dont count that. Also never liked it enough to hit end game. I always go for a yr sub to save the most
  • Options
    Subbed Lineage 2 for 6 years: last 3 years with 3 accounts running concurrently.

Subbed ESO for last two years; do not really need to but want to contribute to a game I enjoy.

Bought from Cash shop for Neverwinter & Path of Exile for no other reason to support the game.
  • Options
    Still have one on ESO I generally pay for them 6 months at a time
  • Options
    the list is long. WoW monthly, Wildstar I think I did a year or 6 months, WoW before that for a yearly sub because of diablo 3 and the deal they had with it. My brain mixes up years but in between swotr, rift, and age of conan was usually a monthly or 3 month sub to wow always going back to it because of time investment and the love of the lore.
  • Options
    Recently: BDO (yes I know technically it's not a subscription), LOTRO, and World of Tanks