Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Crafting question

does anyone know how crafting will work? or a general idea i am huge into crafting in MMO's well i was in EQ2 as it was fun and kept me busy and entertained and use to be rewarding, however i couldn't stand crafting on WoW as it was boring as hell! I am really hoping AoC will offer a fun crafting system (kind of like a mini game to gain durability and such) and not just click and turn your linen into cloth.

Comments

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited July 2017
    We know professions will be a big thing but in regards to crafting itself I don't think they have gone into detail yet. I'm not sure about a minigame as if something requires great timing then people with high ping could never be as good as someone else. I do hope they find an interesting way to go about it unlike GW2 which was along the lines of: gather 1000 of the materials from this zone, then 1000 from the next... then 1000...
    Probably an exaggeration but it felt like such a drag or a pocket emptier XD

EDIT: Think back to some game play we saw, the guys freehold had various building that seemed to be related to crafting so it seems that there is more to it than just gathering enough of a resource!
  • Options
    Since crafting/gathering will play a huge role in order to upgrade the nodes, I don't think they will take it lightly. However since pretty much everything you've built can be destroyed, it won't be a pain in the arse. Of course rebuilding/building a metropolis will be no joke but for the early stage, I think it won't cause you to work overnight.
    As for equipment and stuff, I don't know if we have any info, but in a post ( sorry can't find it again T-T) the devs said something about high-level materials and monsters/boss drops being required to repair ( upgrade too maybe?) equipment of higher tiers.
    That's how far my memory goes about it since I didn't really put too much attention/thoughts into it.
  • Options
    We know professions will be a big thing but in regards to crafting itself I don't think they have gone into detail yet. I'm not sure about a minigame as if something requires great timing then people with high ping could never be as good as someone else. I do hope they find an interesting way to go about it unlike GW2 which was along the lines of: gather 1000 of the materials from this zone, then 1000 from the next... then 1000...
    Probably an exaggeration but it felt like such a drag or a pocket emptier XD

EDIT: Think back to some game play we saw, the guys freehold had various building that seemed to be related to crafting so it seems that there is more to it than just gathering enough of a resource!
      yeah thats exactly what i was talking about GW2 crafting is Boring as shit and as a crafter i like to actually be doing something a little entertaining lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MlO0MkT6AY is what i am talking about that actually gave me something to do!

• Options
    @tayale sadly I never played eq, so I can't work out how that video shows anything different or more immersive than other mmos... what's going on that makes it more enjoyable?

• Options
    For crafting all I remember being said is that gear is going to be fully customizable at high tiers with dials that you adjust for the stats, beyond that I don't think much else has been said.
  • Options
    Megs said:
    @tayale sadly I never played eq, so I can't work out how that video shows anything different or more immersive than other mmos... what's going on that makes it more enjoyable?

well its kind of like a mini game sort of? you click those buttons when they pop up and use them to increase the durability and crafting process faster .
  • Options
    Hi @Tayale, there's much we still don't know about crafting and much that we hope for. For that we do know I recommend you watch this video :)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cTYzZLnl40.
  • Options
    Kratz said:
    Hi @Tayale, there's much we still don't know about crafting and much that we hope for. For that we do know I recommend you watch this video :)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cTYzZLnl40.
      nice i usually follow Proxy not sure how i missed this one lol thank you very much it kinda gives me a basic idea. and shows i will be making alts lol... I am a cheap ass and hate paying for my mats but by the sounds of it will be a pretty nice source of income