Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

What if Ashes of Creation is similar to Old-School RuneScape ?

ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
edited July 2017 in Ashes of Creation Design
Besides Combat-Style ... i think the only difference would be how PvP System would attempt to control things

... and not Botting  :s

( and obvious updated Engine  :p )

Comments

• Options
    If Ashes is similar to any existing game I'd be very surprised and pretty disappointed! It may have some things in common with various different games, but innovative features as the node system and dynamic content should make it different in a fundamental way. Time will tell though.
  • Options
    +1 to @Lexmax. I definitely want to see originality. The core concept of an mmorpg can't be changed but I believe there's still plenty of things that haven't been done.
  • Options
    The Four Pillars are key.
  • Options
    The magic thing about Ashes is that it's core philosophy is in the development of the game https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/33015/information-intrepid-studios-and-development#latest
    Every decision that Intrepid make are linked back to their four pillars. ^^
    ive not played Runescape so can't relate, but the Ashes philosophy is why I'm here and pretty hyped.
    They are designing a game to respond to us - not a game for players to respond to.
  • Options
    Diura said:
    The magic thing about Ashes is that it's core philosophy is in the development of the game https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/33015/information-intrepid-studios-and-development#latest
    Every decision that Intrepid make are linked back to their four pillars. ^^
    ive not played Runescape so can't relate, but the Ashes philosophy is why I'm here and pretty hyped.
    They are designing a game to respond to us - not a game for players to respond to.
    And this is why most of us are here!  In the 20+ years I've been gaming no game  has come come close to this philosophy.   
  • Options
    @Diura , I never played it either. But i was just making a suggestion  :D
  • Options
    Lols, soo ..
    I meant Old-School RuneScape - not the New One  :s
  • Options
    If it's anything like Runescape, it'd be money well wasted......
  • Options
    if that was the case i'd be posting my account for sale on launch day lol.
  • Options
    lexmax said:
    If Ashes is similar to any existing game I'd be very surprised and pretty disappointed! It may have some things in common with various different games, but innovative features as the node system and dynamic content should make it different in a fundamental way. Time will tell though.
    This. I always feel that if a game comes out that closely resembles an existing game, there's much less of a reason to play it.
  • Options
    Another one here agreeing with @lexmax. New, stand-alone systems like animal husbandry, separate 3-tier artisan classes, and nodes aside, this game stands to be more radically interconnected in its parts than any other MMO of which I'm aware. That linkage, regardless of systems presented, is new, exciting, and differentiating, I think!
  • Options
    If it's anything like Runescape, it'd be money well wasted......
    To be fair Runescape has some pretty neat features and easily one of the best questing systems in any MMO.
  • Options
    @Vannubsauce

Admittedly, if there's anything in RuneScape that I'd like to see in this similar in this MMO ... it would to be (some of) the Questing  & the Variety items of all sorts of rarities. 

Hence: multiple areas with many kinds of Rare Items & its own secrets within each area too ... hopefully so vast that'll it'll branch-out into a plethora of Lore & Adventure  o:) 
  • Options
    Personally there are systems in Other games i wouldn't mind seeing in Ashes. Like BDO auto-travel. where if you click on an area of the Map you can run there or take your mount there. It isnt fast travel but not having to hold down Keys is a plus. I also wouldn't mind a system like AOs IP point system where when you level you get points to spend in various skills and that is what make you different than other players. 

I havent played runescape so i dont know their systems well even to form an opinion.
  • Options
    @Xontian I honestly don't feel too good about auto-travel - why log in and not move freely ? It more adventurous imo. Would not want that  >. < . But neat.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited November 2017
    Ashes won't be anything like RuneScape. I've played OSRS / Rs3 for around 8 years, quit Rs3 last year. 
  • Options
    - Since the world is so large, or it appears to be, will there be an auto run system in place like bdo?
    <span>+Very likely yes.</span>
  • Options
    Just to clarify, I'm fairly sure that only applies to auto walking not auto pathing. During a Kickstarter video this exact question was raised and and they said they would have a way for you to toggle Auto walk but you won't be able to click where you want to go and have a path drawn for you. I could be wrong as this is all from memory but I seriously doubt it. 
  • Options
    I'm hoping Ashes adopts all the good things from various other MMOs, and yet keeps the core originality to stay new and fresh.

We already know it will look amazing visually, and we know it will have some nice new original features.

So as long as it keeps all the good things from MMO genre (don't fix what ain't broken) we will have a great game to play.
  • Options
    Yeah for auto-run.  Sometimes I think the constant pressure of holding down the key in some games is going to wear my run finger down to a little nubbin.  In some games where I do a lot of harvesting I tend to run everywhere because using a mount is a waste.  All the time for the animation to get on\off the mount only to have to do it again in 15 seconds when I find the next harvest node.  Auto-run is your friend.  :)
  • Options
    Gothix said:
    I'm hoping Ashes adopts all the good things from various other MMOs, and yet keeps the core originality to stay new and fresh.

We already know it will look amazing visually, and we know it will have some nice new original features.

So as long as it keeps all the good things from MMO genre (don't fix what ain't broken) we will have a great game to play.

It looks really good, but it's not yet original like if you say wow, runescape, TF. Those are really unique styles which people like/dislike.

I hope Ashes will give me a visually new feeling to besides the beautiful world/graphics. XD