Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Which member of the Holy Trinity are you?

So, AoC might be a bit more flexible but which part of the "Holy Trinity" suits you the best?

Are you a tank, taunting mobs and bosses and taking in most of the damage to protect your group when they keep aggroing the wrong mobs?
Maybe you are a damage dealer, trying to kill everything as fast as possible and making sure you stay at the top of DPS counter against other DDs no matter what?
Or perhaps you are a healer, keeping your comrades alive even if they are standing in the fire?

I personally love playing healers or any kind of support. Getting into groups is easy and healing feels rewarding. Leveling might be slower but that doesn't bother me o:) Tanking can be fun too but not very exciting. Playing as DPS is the most boring way to play, to me it's usually fun only when doing solo content.

Comments

• Options
    My brother and I usually rotate. Sometime I heal and he is dps/tank and sometimes he heals and I dps. The only role I can never get behind is Tank.
  • Options
    I usually play what is most useful. That ends up being support (healer) or control (tank). That said, I prefer heavy armor so I opt for tank. ((that said I will be focusing on double summoner because that sounds fun))
  • Options
    I generally play all three. Starting off as a mage this time, because that's the best class in Ashes ;)
  • Options
    I play whatever my friend group needs 
  • Options
    I usually play healers, and have for over a decade. Will probably go for a mage/cleric hybrid in this one, so not a true healer I suppose, but more of a off-heals/support heals scenario probably. 
  • Options
    Hello, my name is Marenor and I am an altoholic.

I have no favourite because I already know that eventually I will play all three.  It may not be right away but it will happen eventually.  It will be late at night when I can not sleep and boom, I will need a slightly different Dwarven character.  Well, they might not all be Dwarven, just most of them.

As well, I enjoy being the filler for any group.  This group needs a tank, let me switch characters.  This group needs a healer, let me switch characters.

I will probably start with a dps but eventually I will have all three.
  • Options
    Everything is my favorite.

I always end up playing everything in a MMO, because I like playing everything.

That being said, when I start MMO for the first time I usually go as DPS, I play and I learn.

Once I'm more practiced, and know more about particular MMO mechanics, I branch up to healing and tanking as well.
  • Options
    lexmax said:
    I generally play all three. Starting off as a mage this time, because that's the best class in Ashes ;)
    Just a tip, mages flying bubble gonna get nerfed hard any time soon. :D
  • Options
    All DPS, all the time :open_mouth:
  • Options
    One with the force, I am. Balance these traits i do.
  • Options
    lexmax said:
    I'm right there with you on Mage, it's always been my class of choice when confronted with traditional fantasy roles.  I think it's the unlimited power that always gets me.  I've played all three rolls too, but I still love dps'ing, however as a dps you really have to get good to stand out from the sea of button smashers.
  • Options
    I'm the priest that will pull mobs by accident, try to out DPS the rogue and somehow manage to draw aggro from healing. 

:| 

• Options
    i like to think of myself of a support player, a little of this and a little of that but all for the group
  • Options
    Most of the time I play a healer class and have since I started playing MMORPGs.  I play the other parts of the trinity when I find something intriguing about a particular dps or tank class, but they're not usually played as often.
  • Options
    oh healing I've missed you. <3
  • Options
    I tend to rotate. But I usually find myself gravitating towards a "Warlock/Summoner" archetype and the Rogue archetype
  • Options
    I just like the wierd stuff and this game will give me plenty of niche hybrid to experiment, with all that augmentation (i hope)
  • Options
    I guess I'd normally fall under dps but am less concerned with staying on top of the dps raking, and more concerned with making the fight go as smoothly as possible. Whether it be taking care of adds or providing interpretations when needed, ect...
  • Options
    I like having one of each as an option. Like in FFXIV I have a Warrior, White Mage, and Ninja. If I had to pick a favorite I'd say tank. When I go in as a dps or healer I usually get bad tanks. So, I end up switching back to my tank after a bad experience.
  • Options
    lexmax said:
    I think I my start out as Tank/Cleric or maybe a Tank/Fighter, but I plan on having a mage as an Alt for sure!
  • Options
    Rogue, because I like to do it from behind :wink:
    Damage of course.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited July 2017
    None of the Above, I like to play Support. CC, Buffer, Debuffer
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    I'm the Holy Ghost

Excuse me as I avoid the lightning bolts
  • Options
    I'm a healer in every game I play. The day I discovered that I could be skilled and useful in my group rather than a nub DPS, I found my way. I played all sort of healers in various games and MMO, and I feel confident in this role.

I played a bit tank, and a bit DPS, but I'm honnestly not very confident as DPS. It's not my mindset. I find DPS too stresful as you can always do better. The regularity of a rotation, and need of having best performance and push all you got to be efficient, is really not my cup of tea.
    I prefer the preventive, reative playstyle of the healer. Which is why I truely hope healing will not be done through DPS. That would corrupt the playstyle of the healer.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    I've played both Tank and Healer.  I honestly can't get into playing DPS classes.  They just never appealed to me.

For me it always kind of comes down to the feeling of the tank and healer usually makes or breaks a group, and I'd rather do it myself than suffer through the bad ones.  Maybe its an ego thing, but I do genuinely enjoy the roles.  Sometimes to the point where I'm playing the tank and the healer at the same time.  Two boxing is fun.
  • Options
    for some reason also end up being the tank 
  • Options
    I love to play the DPS/heals hybrid.  In ESO, my main is a Nightblade Vampire whose whole build centers around sucking the life out of my enemies and redistributing it to my allies.

In Ashes, I foresee a Bard/Cleric in my future.

Tanking is also fun, but something I like to do on an alt.
  • Options
    Elloa said:
    [...]
    I played a bit tank, and a bit DPS, but I'm honnestly not very confident as DPS. It's not my mindset. I find DPS too stresful as you can always do better. The regularity of a rotation, and need of having best performance and push all you got to be efficient, is really not my cup of tea. [...]
    This is exactly the reason why I prefer to play a DD :). I'm one of those guys who always tries to do better and improve. I like the challenge and I like to compete with others. I also like supportive roles and healing but in the end my main character will always be a DD.
  • Options
    I usually play a mage DPS it is great fun. I have tried playing a healer before but was not very good at it. If all your healing is the tank it fine, but if you have to heal multiple people it gets a bit tricky.
  • Options
    Usually DPS > Tank > Healer for me in most games.  Although, I'm looking to main a Cleric so it might be Healer > DPS > Tank haha.  Cleric > Ranger > Tank.