Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

What is your opinion on the add-on prices? (Poll)

Comments

• Options
    These really should be flavor since this is a subscription game. These prices are in the realm of f2p cash shop heavy game. If they want to show they aren't double dipping and that they want these to be made for the people that love the game that want to chip in a little more these should be 1/5 the price.

Skins, costumes, and pets 5 bucks and mounts 10 bucks would be more in-line with a subscription game not trying to be greedy.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited July 2017
    Look I love the game and what it stands for, but I don't like trying to squeeze every dollar out of the community that made the game what it is.

While "reasonably priced" is subjective, most items are quite expensive for things we won't see for years. It also seems odd not to give previous backers a discount rate considering they are the reason we are this far. 

IMO a fair compromise would be give previous and new backers a 20% discount while new accounts will pay full price for the items.

Add-on shop shouldn't be a kickstarter exclusive, it can be treated as a separate campaign running year round. Anyone should be able to make an account and use it, but as I said backers of the other campaigns should receive a discount.

I do believe in the project, really I do. I just want to make sure its great. The outcry is pretty strong on this and something should be done honestly. 
  • Options
    While I personally was shocked at the prices (since I work fin the public sector and its not easy coming up with that kind of cash in that short amount of time), I do understand why IS thought they needed to price the items that way.  

Unfortunately between the shortened time span to upgrade and the cost of summer cosmetic add-ons being so high, I have lost any desire to upgrade my package further nor purchase the summer add-ons since I don't want to have to put it on my credit card.  Oh well... c'est la vie!  
  • Options
    The prices of the add-on are freaking insane!  I really need to get me some of what those guys are smoking!
  • Options
    I think the prices are to high personally but as long as you don't have to buy them I don't care. If it turns in to play to win I am going to be fed up
  • Options
    I can definitely see why people (myself included) are a little uncomfortable with the prices. What I really want to see is an official explanation of the reasoning behind these prices. Apparently they were going to release a statement yesterday, but still nothing... *waiting*
  • Options
    I don't really care about skins so in that sense the prices are way too high. I would rather show off the items and gear I have earned  through gameplay than hide it under something that I paid for. If the prices were lower I might consider buying and using them if my gear wasn't worthy of showing off :grin:
  • Options
    I was willing to give them the benefit of the doubt when they immediately re-skinned my KS exclusives almost immediately after KS ended.  I figured that they would make it right and it seemed they were going to when Steven said he was going to give us the add-ons for free.  Hell, I was even okay after they immediately backpedaled and said "for a reasonable price".  Then I see the prices and I am left to ask, "Why?".  Why would you put those price tags on items you were going to give us for free anyway.  I was more than okay shelling out another like $50-$80 to get all my re-skins even after all that crap and all the money I had already put in.  But this, this here...is ridiculous.
  • Options
    Vicious said:
    I was willing to give them the benefit of the doubt when they immediately re-skinned my KS exclusives almost immediately after KS ended.  I figured that they would make it right and it seemed they were going to when Steven said he was going to give us the add-ons for free.  Hell, I was even okay after they immediately backpedaled and said "for a reasonable price".  Then I see the prices and I am left to ask, "Why?".  Why would you put those price tags on items you were going to give us for free anyway.  I was more than okay shelling out another like $50-$80 to get all my re-skins even after all that crap and all the money I had already put in.  But this, this here...is ridiculous.
    Yep, it's a cash grab, which they clarely said they wouldn't do.
  • Options
    Honestly this does need an official response at this time. Delaying such an act will only continue to weaken the community and breed an atmosphere of mistrust.

Intrepid, don't let your community implode before the game is released. While the loss of the community manager has probably hindered your ability to deal with such matters, someone needs to step up and explain your reasoning and re-instate any trust that has been lost.

Hugs,

Duninn.
  • Options
    Prices are fine... should they be crazy cheap and have the people that invested in the higher tier packages be upset? No. When I first saw the prices I thought they were very fair and in line with the summer packs they came from. Great job from Intrepid once again.
  • Options
    Vicious said:
    Honestly wish I could get a refund for all that money I spent on KS after this fiasco.  I can see where this game is going now.  I was a fool for believing.  Oh well.

You probably can get a refund if you ask although I have no specific knowledge.......just speculating.
  • Options
    GOAT said:
    Prices are fine... should they be crazy cheap and have the people that invested in the higher tier packages be upset? No. When I first saw the prices I thought they were very fair and in line with the summer packs they came from. Great job from Intrepid once again.
    They are only accessible to Kickstarter backers and charging an extra $452 for all cosmetics is kinda steep, especially for the people that have already pledged $500-1000 or more.
  • Options
    The more I see these prices it makes me think what we will earn in game will look like crap. These are skins and non combat pets. They will have less meaning to me than earned items. That's me though, if this looks good to you then I say raise the prices you aren't paying enough!
  • Options
    where are the actual images of these package contents?  i wouldnt want to pay more money for these things anyway, especially at these prices and i certainly wouldnt buy blind with no idea of what the item would look like.
    and those prices are no way small additional costs. they are bloody high. 

hopefully this isnt an indication of what will happen in game.  cash shops (in any form) are a cancer on gaming. play the game, earn your shit and thats it.
    any pay to play subscription based game that has a cash shop is just double dipping and potentially the in game items made or found will be garbage looks wise as the cash shop will get the sweet looking stuff to make you buy it.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Vicious said:

It is highly unlikely anyone from IS will address any of these concerns as they have currently taken the position of ignoring all criticism, even when Steven was asked directly in the phoenix initiative discord (He ignored it and buried the question replying to others).

One of the main issues is that they have locked themselves into this and can not back out.  They have already put a price on the skins and someone no doubt has purchased them which means they can not lower the cost in anyway without refunding customers.

• Options
    Hatchet said:
    Vicious said:

It is highly unlikely anyone from IS will address any of these concerns as they have currently taken the position of ignoring all criticism, even when Steven was asked directly in the phoenix initiative discord (He ignored it and buried the question replying to others).

One of the main issues is that they have locked themselves into this and can not back out.  They have already put a price on the skins and someone no doubt has purchased them which means they can not lower to cost in anyway without refunded customers.

Completely agree. Last time there was an outcry Steven made suggestions that he (might) give the lifetime subscription backers the summer exclusives or that they would be sold for a nominal or "reasonable fee". Clearly he did neither of those so do not expect anything to come from the frustration some have on this issue. 
  • Options
    @Hatchet

Did they really straight up ignore the question? That would just make me lose so much faith in the team if they are doing such BS.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    @Duninn

Yes, it was completely ignored in channel a day ago (which does not move very fast).

I wanted to get the time codes as SS conversations might fall under NDA and it looks like Steven did reply to someone around noon today.  Not sure if I will get in trouble for this but here are the quotes:

Steven-Today @ 11:21 AM
    The Early Pricing concern is a valid one that I am looking into

Steven-Today @ 11:24 AM
    It's very easy to focus on the negatives. But that's ok, some concerns are valid and are being addressed

TBH the channel has become abit of a circle jerk to see who can suck-up and show off the most, instead of an information source atm.
  • Options
    @Hatchet

The last reply is...worded very regrettably. 

They need lessons in PR, badly. Let me rephrase it right now :"We appreciate the feedback from the community, even the negative ones. We will look into the communities' concerns and address them promptly."
  • Options
    @Duninn

I am willing to defend the comment due to context in that it is a private channel so there is not so much need for PR speak as there would if it was a general member announcement.

Though I understand your feeling and also believe IS is in desperate need of PR vetting help.
  • Options
    Duninn said:
    @Hatchet

The last reply is...worded very regrettably. 

They need lessons in PR, badly. Let me rephrase it right now :"We appreciate the feedback from the community, even the negative ones. We will look into the communities' concerns and address them promptly."
    Yeah they really do. So much of all the outcries and drama could've been avoided.
  • Options
    @Hatchet

Fair enough and agree on the last part. It needs this solved asap, and should enlist someone temporarily until a professional is able to fill the role.
  • Options
    Hatchet said:
    Vicious said:

One of the main issues is that they have locked themselves into this and can not back out.  They have already put a price on the skins and someone no doubt has purchased them which means they can not lower the cost in anyway without refunding customers.
    That is worrying. They could issue refunds if they've wanted to.
  • Options
    To be fair they could easily get volunteer PR associates that would gladly work for the experience without pay. I would pounce at that myself. Then all they would need is a PR manager that could overlook and approve responses before published.
  • Options
    I think their largest problem is Steven making statements off the cuff without any idea of the impact it will have, then doing nothing about correcting misunderstandings as they arise leading most of us to feel like we are being cheated and loosing faith in the company and what they say.
  • Options
    @Hatchet

Again, fair point.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    @Hatchet yeah I think you are pretty spot on with that.
  • Options
    @Hatchet well said. Its also not a good idea to over promise and under deliver. Even though he never promised he in fact set the bar pretty high. 
  • Options
    It's odd having a civilized conversation on a forum isn't it?