Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

A wild noob appears!

ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
edited July 2017 in The Newly Arrived
Greetings! Just backed tonight with the Explorer pack. I'm assuming that the game isn't available to just download and start playing (alpha phase or not) once you've backed. Any info on when it's going to be available to backers?

Comments

• Options
    Welcome @Sage0fThe7Paths :) The game is in development right now. The earliest playable pre-alpha is expected in December this year, but that will be for a limited few people. The rest of us who pledged for alpha access will have to wait another year!
  • Options
    Hello @Sage0fThe7Paths o/ and welcome to the community smile
  • Options
    Welcome @Sage0fThe7Paths
  • Options
    Welcome to the party @Sage0fThe7Paths

I hope you enjoy your stay, prepare your body for all of us whacky individuals!
  • Options
    Welcome @Sage0fThe7Paths ! The fastest way to get into alpha is to win a key, but if you backed as a Settler+ you could get into either beta or alpha depending. 
  • Options

Welcome @Sage0fThe7Paths :)

There is a longish wait before you can dive into AoC. Keep yourself amused with reading some of the wacky stuff here at the forum.

• Options
    Welcome to the community, @Sage0fThe7Paths!
  • Options
    Welcome! You'll get used to the waiting :smiley:
  • Options
    Welcome to the community. Hope you have fun on the forum.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited July 2017
    Hey! That is a ton of noob love right there! Thanks!! I'll definitely be snooping around the forums a bit then. Anyone know if there's been an RP community established at all or does the game even hint at having "RP" aspects yet? #roleplay
  • Options
    Greetings! Just backed tonight with the Explorer pack. I'm assuming that the game isn't available to just download and start playing (alpha phase or not) once you've backed. Any info on when it's going to be available to backers?

Good morning and a very warm welcome to the AoC Community! Thank you for supporting the project <3
  • Options
    Belewyn said:

Good morning and a very warm welcome to the AoC Community! Thank you for supporting the project <3
    Oh absolutely. Everything I've seen on this project so far looks amazing and I'm excited to see people that worked on SWG on board!
  • Options
    Welcome to the forum! *throws confetti*
    I think there is some RP topics in the General Discussion part of the forum. There may be some RP groups on the AoC Discord, so it may be worth looking there. I've read quite a few people wanting to RP within the game too. So I feel there won't be a problem finding RP'ers in the game when it releases.
  • Options
    Awesome. Thanks, I'll check that out.
  • Options
    Welcome Sage and have lots of fun in the community ^^
  • Options
    Welcome welcome to the community of AoC! XD 
    And there is still some time before pre-Alpha begins haha ;) 
  • Options
    Welcome!
  • Options

Ashes Of Creations Release date as of right now is unclear.

We do however know that the Family & Friends Alpha Testing will begin this October.

However here is some possible good new. Steven had a interview awhile back that he posted on the Discord #news. The link is here http://www.zam.com/article/1449/a-chat-with-ashes-of-creations-steven-sharif

This is a quote from near the bottom of the article.

"Intrepid Studios is planning on hosting their friends and family closed alpha this October. Another closed alpha will follow. The beta is tentatively planned for later next year, with a stress test open beta directly before launch. Ashes of Creation is technically planned for a December 2018 release, but Sharif cautions that it's difficult to estimate at this point."

So we may actually see this game a lot sooner, but as confirmed from Discord #ask_interpid. The 2020 release date is to give them extra head room incase they need it.

• Options
    Thanks! Anyone know if there's any info out on races or classes yet?
  • Options
    Welcome @Sage0fThe7Paths and the backers will get there stuff when the alpha/beta drops around December 2018, there is wiki posts on the races and classes but only there descriptions, give it a Google and it would be the first thing that comes up! :sunglasses: