Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Open world?

My understanding is that this will be an open world pvp game. There will be 3 states that players will be in, GREEN-non combat  PURPLE-combat  RED- (not sure). You are encouraged to engage when you are attacked so that both players are in purple state, as the death penalties are less than if you remain green and are killed. If you kill a green state player, your state turns to red and if you are killed your death penalties are much more and you risk losing gear as well as gathered crafting items.
1. So, are you open to being attacked while gathering for crafting? If you build in this game ( e.g. Freehold land ) a farm or smelter, what stops other players from destroying your property while you are logged off as I've seen in games like RUST or CONAN EXILES.

Comments

• Options
    Yes you may be attacked while going about PvE tasks. Your freehold cannot be attacked or destroyed unless a successful siege has been carried out against your node (info).

Open world PvP is one component of the game, but the main theme of Ashes is driven by siege conflict between nodes and guilds (info).
  • Options
    Thoric202 said:
    My understanding is that this will be an open world pvp game. There will be 3 states that players will be in, GREEN-non combat  PURPLE-combat  RED- (not sure). You are encouraged to engage when you are attacked so that both players are in purple state, as the death penalties are less than if you remain green and are killed. If you kill a green state player, your state turns to red and if you are killed your death penalties are much more and you risk losing gear as well as gathered crafting items.
    1. So, are you open to being attacked while gathering for crafting? If you build in this game ( e.g. Freehold land ) a farm or smelter, what stops other players from destroying your property while you are logged off as I've seen in games like RUST or CONAN EXILES.
    I think your Freehold is a save zone until the node is under siege.
  • Options
    Wonder if it actually means open world or if it just means there looks like there is a massive amount of terrain you can access but half of it you can't get to... Similar to wow I guess
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited July 2017
    Thoric202 said:
    RED flag = corrupted.

1: Yes, you are open to being attacked while gathering or crafting.

2: Freeholds are protected from theft and damage - expect for a 2-hour period after the town/city has been "destroyed".
    When the town/city is not under siege, expect the freeholds to be in a bounding box similar to Landmark.
     We will be able to set permissions for who can access our freehold and who cannot.