Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Gl everyone :) i won't be playing with all servers being full out open pvp

If no pvp restricted servers are not out I won't be playing sorry I won't be the victim  of ppl that get off killing other ppl just for the fun of it with no Grace period...
   Pvp can be fun yes but it can also be the suck when it's all out open pvp everywhere :)
   I'm not the one who's going to work my butt off getting gear/tradeskill items just to have it stolden from me or hunting a mob and getting low on hp just to get killed by a stalker waiting in the shadows...
  I loved what this game has to offer it looks like a lot of what it had to offer was more like EQnext i would of played it also if it would of came alive but as this open world pvp stands now i won't play but like others have said in other forums...
  Your all better off with out pvers playing and enjoying this game 
  So hug's and peace to everyone may you find your way and have fun
   After i watched what some of the dev's have done in the dev movies i was amazed at how this game was turning out to be a lot of nice stuff..

I only hope that the dev's do Decide to make some servers with restrictions to pvp so i am not a target for anytime i play a game... I am a pveer and Dislike open pvp 10/10 and any great game having open pvp on all servers everywhere i won't play...

So i ask that you do consider making some pve servers or i shall pass this wonderful world up and will not be able to enjoy it like you wanted me to...
    That is all I shall wait in the shadows and see what you decide a wonderful game like this should be made so all can enjoy it 

Thank you and good luck

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    If no pvp restricted servers are not out I won't be playing sorry I won't be the victim  of ppl that get off killing other ppl just for the fun of it with no Grace period...
       Pvp can be fun yes but it can also be the suck when it's all out open pvp everywhere :)
       I'm not the one who's going to work my butt off getting gear/tradeskill items just to have it stolden from me or hunting a mob and getting low on hp just to get killed by a stalker waiting in the shadows...
      I loved what this game has to offer it looks like a lot of what it had to offer was more like EQnext i would of played it also if it would of came alive but as this open world pvp stands now i won't play but like others have said in other forums...
      Your all better off with out pvers playing and enjoying this game 
      So hug's and peace to everyone may you find your way and have fun
       After i watched what some of the dev's have done in the dev movies i was amazed at how this game was turning out to be a lot of nice stuff..

I only hope that the dev's do Decide to make some servers with restrictions to pvp so i am not a target for anytime i play a game... I am a pveer and Dislike open pvp 10/10 and any great game having open pvp on all servers everywhere i won't play...

So i ask that you do consider making some pve servers or i shall pass this wonderful world up and will not be able to enjoy it like you wanted me to...
        That is all I shall wait in the shadows and see what you decide a wonderful game like this should be made so all can enjoy it 

Thank you and good luck
    Buh bye, theres 100000 mmo out there for people like you. Good luck
  • Options
    Git gud or go home XD

• Options
    drdebica said:
    Git gud or go home XD

Hard for anyone to gut gud on a game not even out ROFL
  • Options
    I agree.
    I've been keeping my eye on the game with high hopes, along with several friends. The fact that you can get ganked anywhere/anytime for no reason... no thanks.
    And isn't it funny that the thread from yesterday that you had going with the same topic was deleted.
  • Options
    It was deleted because a couple of us got salty with each other.
  • Options
    Bye, don't let the door hit your ass on the way out, Troll.

• Options
    Bye, Felicia o/
  • Options
    Is this a troll or am I missing some vital information? When and where did the devs stated that the game is going to be full loot PvP with no PvE servers?
  • Options
    They haven't. The OP has been vociferously advocating for PVE only servers where PVP actions are purely consensual. He is not getting the responses he has hoped for and has decided to hold his breath until he gets his way. 

• Options
    There is a Pking mechanic,  and if the penalties are to severe what's the point in having open pvp. You might as well just have pve open world only.  Black desert has this problem and the solution was easy. They stated there game was a pvp game and if you like pve you might want to go else where.(more or less what you hear on the forums)   Intrepid will either have to appease the pvp crowd or the pve crowd, to try and cater to both without separate servers could most likely end up pissing both crowds off.  

listyninja I would stick around because at the moment the pve crowd seem to have the ascendancy with the corruption mechanic.  Those pvpers who kill pvers that don't fight back will have severe penalties. 

• Options
    The Loot System is still in Testing Phase .... it hasn't even been implemented yet, rather a Suggestion that might change in Alpha(s) & Beta. Kinda surprised @listyninja
     didn't read it to its entirety.

But i think his point is that, they'll loopholes ... sounds like @Stabby  Post tbh :p
  • Options
    Classic case of misinformation and vocal minority seeking attention. QQ
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited July 2017
    While I'm not going to suggest the OPs comments and gross assumptions are correct, I am a bit surprised at some others reaction. Do we really want to tell others, for whatever reason, to not let the door hit them in the a** on the way out is appropriate?

It's unfortunate the OP felt the need to make a post like this without fully understanding how the PvP system worked.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    I would re-type it all out but ... I'm just going to link my Comment 
    ( Scroll to bottom )

https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/16624/please-dont-force-us-to-be-victims-of-pvpers/p27

( this link below is proof )
    https://errantpenman.com/2017/01/11/interview-ashes-of-creation-wants-to-bring-the-virtual-world-to-life/

In short, as now,  " Purples " , no Gear will be dropped from Purples - anything but gear ( ... i think ? )

Reds ( Corrupted ), have a Chance to drop gear. But it might change depending on how its " abused " .
  • Options
    This is a good visual and write-up of how it all works from information given so far. Only has two small errors that have been pointed out to those that run the website, so may change to reflect that soon. 
    http://www.ashesofcreation-the-odyssey.com/2017/07/pvp-flagging-and-corruption-system.html
  • Options
    Lastly, a Corrupted Name also means that their Combat-Effectiveness is reduced based on Corruption Score

( Combat-Effectiveness = HP, DPS, Healing, Survivablility and all-of-the-above & between ... and maybe a little more as development continue )
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    While I'm not going to suggest the OPs comments and gross assumptions are correct, I am a bit surprised at some others reaction. Do we really want to tell others, for whatever reason, to not let the door hit them in the a** on the way out is appropriate?

It's unfortunate the OP felt the need to make a post like this without fully understanding how the PvP system worked.
    I honestly didn't know how it got to this. I usually assume other Forum-Members, would explain it too him/her that it's already debated before ...  :#
  • Options
    Don't let the door hit you  on the way out....
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    @listyninja,

I assure you it is not going to be as ruthless as some have made it sound. I strongly suggest you try it out and if you don't like it than you simply move to another game. I really think this game is going to be liked by both sides of the MMO player realm. Do yourself a favor and just give it one subscription. You never know, you might regret never giving it a chance

It's rare that someone is going to PK you out of nowhere. Lineage 2 had the same system with less ramifications and it was rare. You are over thinking it
  • Options
    So if a purple-flagged kills a green they'll become red (corrupt). Will you go purple --> red if you just take the green down to 10% health then leave him alone? Maybe you hit some lowbie with aoe by mistake 
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Its insanity to continue to do the same thing and expect differant results.. What i mean by this, we have all been let down in the MMO community just one failed mmo after another.. But what's the common denominator? 

Developers pleaseing one spec group either pvp or pve.. This game offers a compromise, trying to add restrictions on either play style will cause another failed mmo sooner rather than later. 

And thats what ive learned in 15 years of playing MMO's.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Egolego said:
    So if a purple-flagged kills a green they'll become red (corrupt). Will you go purple --> red if you just take the green down to 10% health then leave him alone? Maybe you hit some lowbie with aoe by mistake 
    You only go red if you kill a green player
    If you kill a purple player you will not become red
    if you kill a red player you will not become red
    You only become red if you KILL them. Taking them to 10% health won't be enough

if you accidently kill a lowbie you will become red. This is why you don't point guns at anything you don't intend to shoot.

Still waiting on more information. Such as in Lineage 2 in order to attack a player in open PvP you must hold Control or you won't attack
  • Options
    Well to be honest I also hope I'll able to play my PVE way.
    Which means I'll take part in some caravans pvp and town defense pvp BUT I hope I will be able to travel around the world exploring without having to worry about other players harassing and killing me.

I'll wait till the game comes out and play. If I'm constantly getting killed because I do not wish to engage in pvp besides town defense/caravans then I'll just leave.

It's obvious there cant be a pure pve server because some of the game mechanics rely purely on pvp, but I hope there will be server where I can explore in peace.
  • Options
    Fully expect the corruption mechanic to have some real bite to it. BDO just recently doubled the penalty for such actions in response to playerbase. The point of the open pvp is to support one of the core tenets of the game, but if some action is generally reviled by the playerbase they are going to go where the subscription sustaining action takes them. And those of you who end up on Stevens server could just keep killing him over and over to drive the point home.
  • Options
    I hope you will not meet my younger sister in Hello Kitty, I told her to PK you there.
  • Options
    Egolego said:
    Fully plan to test out that scenario and many others once we hit alpha so they can make the necessary adjustments if needed. They have stated a couple times that pvp is NOT going to be what you get in other games where it is attack from stealth, root, backstab, root, backstab, and dead kind of action. It will take a real effort to take another player down. Even if they are lower than you, unless you plan to take them out you won't one shot them, removing the whole "Oh, did I do that?" Urkel voice argument. The whole attacking them and then the environment thing hasn't been addressed yet, but fully expect it to be before launch.
  • Options
    *ponders-* I think he misunderstood the entire point of Ashes meaningful conflict ^^

Good Luck finding another game! :3
  • Options
    If you dont like pvp why have as part of your name 'ninja'. To me this person is a troll
  • Options
    the previous version of this thread was closed, because it drifted away from constructive purpose and into the realm of toxicity. everyone has a right to their own opinion and that isn't a reason to start becoming toxic towards them. 

@listyninja
    before you jump the gun and give up on the game i suggest that you wait for further information about the pvp mechanics atm we don't know a great deal about it. as @UnknownSystemError  has said previously you can read up on what we do know so far @ http://www.ashesofcreation-the-odyssey.com/2017/07/pvp-flagging-and-corruption-system.html that gives a pretty accurate rundown. although this early in development everything is subject to change, and Intrepid does listen and acts on feedback given by the community, so if you were to give constructive feedback they will listen.