Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Gl everyone :) i won't be playing with all servers being full out open pvp

2»

Comments

• Options
    If no pvp restricted servers are not out I won't be playing sorry I won't be the victim  of ppl that get off killing other ppl just for the fun of it with no Grace period...
       Pvp can be fun yes but it can also be the suck when it's all out open pvp everywhere :)
       I'm not the one who's going to work my butt off getting gear/tradeskill items just to have it stolden from me or hunting a mob and getting low on hp just to get killed by a stalker waiting in the shadows...
      I loved what this game has to offer it looks like a lot of what it had to offer was more like EQnext i would of played it also if it would of came alive but as this open world pvp stands now i won't play but like others have said in other forums...
      Your all better off with out pvers playing and enjoying this game 
      So hug's and peace to everyone may you find your way and have fun
       After i watched what some of the dev's have done in the dev movies i was amazed at how this game was turning out to be a lot of nice stuff..

I only hope that the dev's do Decide to make some servers with restrictions to pvp so i am not a target for anytime i play a game... I am a pveer and Dislike open pvp 10/10 and any great game having open pvp on all servers everywhere i won't play...

So i ask that you do consider making some pve servers or i shall pass this wonderful world up and will not be able to enjoy it like you wanted me to...
        That is all I shall wait in the shadows and see what you decide a wonderful game like this should be made so all can enjoy it 

Thank you and good luck
    You kidding? Have you even read how this games PvP system works? I'm not normally an avid PvP'er as I love lore and backstory to things, but reading about this games PvP system got me so horny.
  • Options
    Flameh0t said:
    If no pvp restricted servers are not out I won't be playing sorry I won't be the victim  of ppl that get off killing other ppl just for the fun of it with no Grace period...
       Pvp can be fun yes but it can also be the suck when it's all out open pvp everywhere :)
       I'm not the one who's going to work my butt off getting gear/tradeskill items just to have it stolden from me or hunting a mob and getting low on hp just to get killed by a stalker waiting in the shadows...
      I loved what this game has to offer it looks like a lot of what it had to offer was more like EQnext i would of played it also if it would of came alive but as this open world pvp stands now i won't play but like others have said in other forums...
       After i watched what some of the dev's have done in the dev movies i was amazed at how this game was turning out to be a lot of nice stuff..

I only hope that the dev's do Decide to make some servers with restrictions to pvp so i am not a target for anytime i play a game... I am a pveer and Dislike open pvp 10/10 and any great game having open pvp on all servers everywhere i won't play...

So i ask that you do consider making some pve servers or i shall pass this wonderful world up and will not be able to enjoy it like you wanted me to...
        That is all I shall wait in the shadows and see what you decide a wonderful game like this should be made so all can enjoy it 

Thank you and good luck
    You kidding? Have you even read how this games PvP system works? I'm not normally an avid PvP'er as I love lore and backstory to things, but reading about this games PvP system got me so horny.
    Exactly, if anyone wants to know how it works they can try other games that have the same general idea. They have time. This thread was an attention-getter. I mean, normally when I leave a game i don't make sure to let the community know i'm leaving.

It's like telling Walmart they lost a customer because they made you mad... It won't affect Walmart
  • Options
    I still believe that there is place for PVErs, Relaxed and Casuals gamers in this game.
    Of course, there will be some killing, but with well organised communities this should not be a problem. I'm very confident we can build a peaceful community on one of the servers.
  • Options
    OP if u wont play why do u create another PvP QQ thread?
  • Options
    PVP consensual or not, is necessary.
    In fact, some of the more toxic gameplay out there, is where there IS no way to kill someone and penalize them for being a douche.

Without the ability to stomp someone thats blue or whatever color "non-aggressors" are, they can move right in and grief you while youre busy doing other things. You have no way to defend whatever youre grinding, or prevent someone from taking kills/loot/other things from you.

People who generally advocate for a full non pvp non loot existence... are usually some of the most entitled cancerous players out there.

Bring on the full loot full world pvp please lol
  • Options
    Love that people are complaining about the game when there is still around 2 years back to the release of the game and we still need A LOT of information about the game. Love also that people get salty or Toxic about it and have big discussions when so much can change haha :D:D take some popcorn and relax maaaan, don't be stupid stupid.
    By choosing side [PvP or PvE], you lose the flow of the game. The game are based on the players and that's why we need both things, to make a change through conflicts and to explore the world and by that make a change. You have your opinion that's fine and you also know the door out so that's also fine B)    
  • Options
    Sorry to see you go, hope you find what you want out there.  I think this game offers a good compromise for keep PvE and PvP players together.  Maybe things will change your mind as time goes on.
  • Options
    Hope you find a game that suits you better!
  • Options
    Aww I wanted to camp you .
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited July 2017
    I suppose this might be trolling... 

But maybe it isn't? 

This game sounds pretty awesome. It may not be for everyone though.  I hope the OP sticks around to see what develops.  It is still early days. They might find that the final product is more suitable than they expect.

For example, EVE was a game with essentially Full PVP, but it turned out very well even for those who didn't want to PVP at all.

• Options
    Wraeven said:
    I suppose this might be trolling... 

But maybe it isn't? 

This game sounds pretty awesome. It may not be for everyone though.  I hope the OP sticks around to see what develops.  It is still early days. They might find that the final product is more suitable than they expect.

For example, EVE was a game with essentially Full PVP, but it turned out very well even for those who didn't want to PVP at all.

ppl with the mentality like the OP, quitting the game after a month or two anyways.
    crying about a game that isnt out yet....
    #FirstWorldProblems
  • Options
    come on guys, to those of you trolling and talking smack to the OP give the guy a break.  I for one am a die hard PVE'r and despise PVP myself.  But this is why you join a guild, if someone is harassing you in game, you can call for back up and teach them a lesson in ganking.  And from what I understand, the only loot they can take is some resources out of your bag.  

Anyway, still a long time before the game comes out, so lets all get along. =D
  • Options
    Eragale said:
    I would re-type it all out but ... I'm just going to link my Comment 
    ( Scroll to bottom )

https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/16624/please-dont-force-us-to-be-victims-of-pvpers/p27

( this link below is proof )
    https://errantpenman.com/2017/01/11/interview-ashes-of-creation-wants-to-bring-the-virtual-world-to-life/

In short, as now,  " Purples " , no Gear will be dropped from Purples - anything but gear ( ... i think ? )

Reds ( Corrupted ), have a Chance to drop gear. But it might change depending on how its " abused " .
    Only raw materials are dropped at death by Greens and Purples.
    Gear can be dropped and destroyed at death if one's Corruption Score is high enough.
  • Options

Thank you and good luck
    Here, Straight out of the previously linked interview..

PvP sounds like it’s going to be a fairly important and tightly integrated portion of Ashes of Creation, especially with the cities themselves potentially coming under siege and being wiped from the face of the world. Will players who are disinclined to participate in that area of gameplay be able to completely avoid it?

No player is forced to participate in the PvP events of Ashes. But you are right to say that PvP is important. It is one of the primary catalysts for change in the world. And because change can impact all players, we feel that everyone should have a say in that change. We have incorporated roles for non-pvp oriented players to impact these PvP events. Such as developing the defensive abilities of cities and castles, or enhancing the defenses of our caravans, to creating faster mounts, and advanced weaponry that can be used by the PvPers. To discovering supplies and artifacts through PvE to aid in the battles waged by others. Ashes strives to create an inclusive atmosphere where participation in the direction of the world is not restricted to one particular form of gameplay.

Basically, if you don't want to PvP, you are my ammo runt. Craft me some good shit or there will be backhands for you squire.

• Options
    step 1: be a green player
    step 2: piss off another green player until he kills u
    step 3: kill him and loot his gear
    step 4: profit
  • Options
    aww I was looking forward farming you...  :/ 

People that I'll farm in AoC
    sarumonin
    listyninja

• Options
    listyninja from what I have found through theory crafting, It is almost possible to avoid pvp but it will come at a cost, You avoid larger cities to avoid the The siege, Really invest in boosting up Caravans so you wont lose them to PVP become really smart out thinking your opponents, and not leave cities or towns. Use alts to farm crafting materials, or trade heavily. Once again this is THEORYCRAFTING but PVP has been stated to being linked as core mechanic "Meaningful Conflict" if your able to live with these compromises you can play almost 100% safely without fear of being PKed.

The Steven has also stated that people who "Grief" players will be penalized heavily by the corruption system. It wont be as bad as you think. Once again all of this is subject to change.  But they designed the game for everyone to have some skin in the game, whether your an adventure or a crafter conflict will arise and its tide into everything, (Nodes, Caravans, Guilds, Economy) You may not escape it entirely but playing smart and using the tools they gave you You could nearly avoid it if you compromise.

I don't believe saying  don't let the door hit you on the way out is the right thing to say either because MMO's need a player base to survive and its a valid concern, One thing that hasn't been mentioned is the bounty hunter system they announced and I for one would be that player protecting PVE players from the PVP players so there is many different ways on how the DEV's have designed it to help the people shy away from PVP. But you have to be willing to give something up to achieve that, once again tying into "meaningful conflict".  Hope this gives some hope to the PVE players out there that it wont be and endless Pking that will take place in game, they have plans to balance and you have steps to avoid it.
  • Options
    Dont leave, you'll be missing out on a good game, you could become a merchant... :cry:
  • Options
    Karthos said:
    www.neopets.com

Www.habbohotel.com
  • Options
    @Dygz

" Raw Materials " being Crafting Materials, right ? Admittedly i wasn't too sure on that, More or less i was right somewhere in my statement  :p
  • Options
    1. This wont be a gankfest. If it is, the bounty and corruption system will be made even more punitive. And if it keeps happening it will be more punitive still. So any of those kind of players wont be playing long, because the game will literally be unplayable for them. This game is not targetted at those kind of players. This is repeated ad nauseam by Steven in the kickstarter streams.
    2. Honourable PvP is encouraged. Thats consensual PvP where competing players strive to protect what they have built, maintain it through resource costs or expand it. Thats meaningful conflict rather than me hulk, me smash!
    3. Those who want to enjoy honourable PvP all the time dont want to be crafting all the time. They only have so much time to spend doing what they enjoy doing. You will need a fully functional economy to create the gear you will need to be effective. So the PvE players are an essential aspect for PvP to function.
    4. The PvE side can not progress without access to resources. Those resource may only be available in other nodes that dont want to share. The PvP players become essential to this endeavour as its what they are built for and progressed toward.

This is literally a mutually dependant PvX game where both aspects are required to ensure the other aspect flourishes. All nodes collapse without supplies. Supplies can not exist without full time PvE endeavour and exploration of new areas. Full time PvP ability cant improve without node progression. You may well need artesan parties exploring the wilds with a military aspect as an essential ingredient. Besides, there is more than just 'military' aspects to the game. There is religion, science and economics. The game is focused around mutual dependance, because that enforces inclusion.

And you wont be fighting everyone for harvesting resources, as they arent single players assets. They are group harvesting assets. These virgin nodes will not be subject to the long declaration periods for sieges. Explorers will need protection by fellow citizens from their home nodes.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Let this thread die, dont feed it any fuel.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Eragale said:
    @Dygz

" Raw Materials " being Crafting Materials, right ? Admittedly i wasn't too sure on that, More or less i was right somewhere in my statement  :p
    Well, I guess there would be two broad types of "crafting materials: Gathered/Raw materials and Processed materials.
    On death, we drop a portion of Raw materials - Processed materials should be safe.

I was actually mostly concerned that people might think "anything but gear" included money.  ;) 
  • Options
    They basically confirmed that currency would not be lootable in the Q&A where they were talking about encumbrance and weight. The question was whether you would need to store gold in your freehold to keep it safe. Jeff responded "There would never be a good reason to store gold in your freehold, since currency won't have weight." From that we can infer that if their intention is for you to carry your currency at all times, then it would be safe from looting.
  • Options
    While I'm not a fan of PvP, I did enjoy Warhammer, and WOW, when we went on a massive hoard attack on the alliance etc, so mass PvP.  I played BDO for a few months and was only PK'd twice maybe three times, so not really a PITA, and it does add some excitement to the whole MMO experience.  With AOC and the corruption de-buff, I can't really see "whole sale" PK'ing being an issue.  Of course for the first few weeks we'e going to have people trying to "push the envelope" of corruption, and every so often a "newb" (hate that word) will push their luck.
  • Options
    PvP sucks.
  • Options
    Pvp really sucks if you are attack able anywhere and everywhere at all times 0 o