Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Can't Wait to Explore!

Earlier today I watched the video they put out a while ago showcasing the Kaelar and Empyrean Freeholds. The houses were beautiful of course...but my eyes were fixed on the gorgeous looking forests behind them. I absolutely can see myself running around randomly seeing what the environment has to offer. I can't wait to do just that! Anyone else have that thought while watching?

Comments

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited July 2017
    Oh yes for sure ^^ The world is stunning :3 Intrepid are really utilising their skills and bringing the best out of Unreal Engine :3

The detail in everything they have presented so far has been top tier quality ^^ And to think the the game is only in Pre-Alpha :3 It is all very exciting :3

I can't  wait to join everyone in the game and explore this stunning world :3
  • Options
    Earlier today I watched the video they put out a while ago showcasing the Kaelar and Empyrean Freeholds. The houses were beautiful of course...but my eyes were fixed on the gorgeous looking forests behind them. I absolutely can see myself running around randomly seeing what the environment has to offer. I can't wait to do just that! Anyone else have that thought while watching?

I keep forgetting that this game is pretty. Like, I remember as soon as we see a vid or sample, but I was really blown away when they showcased the PvP arenas that will be used for the upcoming play through. When I think of PvP arena, I don't usually think of something so... so pretty.

So yeah, I'm consistently and constantly surprised by the sort of things we're seeing. And always excited. I think it'll really foster that drive to explore and see what things they've hidden in the world - because you know they have!
  • Options
    Welcome @LynxGaming! I suspect that this will be the most aesthetically pleasing MMO to date. It will be to the genre what Missandei is to Grey Worm.
  • Options
    The beauty of Ashes is one of the things that draws me to this game. I love high fantasy, and to see such inspirational artwork brought to life is beyond description for me. Ashes seems to mix beauty and peril together in the same fantastic way as the great artists and writers of this genre.
  • Options
    Exploration in an MMORPG is my first love.  I relish the opportunity to wander through a new world and see everything I can.
  • Options
    Its one thing to write about a fantasy world.
    Its one thing to create a life like movie.
    Its another level to actually be within a lifelike fantasy realm.
    If the world is as alive as it is beautiful, I will be lost and never return.

• Options
    Glad to hear others are excited to explore as well! They greyworm reference..great lolol..
  • Options
    Well the dangers lurking in the beauty were shown in the video in the Stream today; all that toxic green mist and water; that beautifully drawn sharp red/orange foliage.  It's going to be hard to be careful as it's so pretty and distracting.
  • Options
    The grey watered down environments of so many games becomes depressing.  Does anyone think that Hansel and Gretel would have approached a ghastly looking grey cottage?  The world is not black and white.  Danger and death lurks in some  of the most beautiful places that also produce life.

• Options
    The world looks so alive and refreshing in comparison to the content titles currently released offer. I am eager to dive in and venture into the darkest depths and climb the highest mountains!
  • Options
    Yes the game does look beautiful and will be fun to explore all of the beautiful, exotic and creepy locations.
    One thing that I always do in every mmo I play is take my time to explore, even if I have a mount and can travel faster, if it is a new area I will always travel on foot. I take my time look at the environment, harvest, kill mobs, look behind things and slowly uncover anything that might be hidden in an area.
    Ashes will be a beautiful, yet I suspect very dangerous place to explore at times. 

• Options
    " ... To Boldly Go ... where no man ... has gone before:)
  • Options
    The grey watered down environments of so many games becomes depressing.  Does anyone think that Hansel and Gretel would have approached a ghastly looking grey cottage?  The world is not black and white.  Danger and death lurks in some  of the most beautiful places that also produce life.

I wanted to claw my eyes out before I got out of Hellfire Peninsula the first time.....ugh....
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    @Rune_Relic
    In older depictions of Fantasy & Magic  ( including some Anime ), their depictions of  ..." Magical " , truely did make you wonder. And i miss that feeling.

( Gif was just an example )

Most Modern MMOs don't have that feeling. But this MMO truely feels like a Continuation of that same " Feeling "  ... as opposed to some
    " False-Pretense of Innovations & Micro-transactions "

• Options
    Is it a crime that in my head I sort of want it to be similar to sword art online level of prettiness haha  :#
    But yes exploration is the way forward, would be hilarious if one single person awakened a world boss and it chased them to the nearest metropolis :lol:
  • Options
    I can't wait!
  • Options
    Eragale said:
    @Rune_Relic
    In older depictions of Fantasy & Magic  ( including some Anime ), their depictions of  ..." Magical " , truely did make you wonder. And i miss that feeling.

( Gif was just an example )

Most Modern MMOs don't have that feeling. But this MMO truely feels like a Continuation of that same " Feeling "  ... as opposed to some
    " False-Pretense of Innovations & Micro-transactions "

That crystal cavern at the very end of the last video really impressed me.
    I dont think there is much in the way of barriers in expressing their artistic vision in game.
    So I will eagerly wait to see what else comes down the pipeline while tapping my foot :)
  • Options
    Yes, such a wonderful world - (well maybe not all wonderful but definitely all fascinating and intriguing)!
    Watching vids of it without being in it myself Really makes the waiting so difficult...like an itch you can't scratch!
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Crymoar said:

I wanted to claw my eyes out before I got out of Hellfire Peninsula the first time.....ugh....
    So true.  I hate those bright orange environments.  They look so dry, I need eye drops when I'm in them.

• Options
    Exploration has always been my first love in MMOs. I explore every cave, climb every mountain top and look behind every waterfall.

I am always seeking to find those out of the way places, the secrets, and have usually been disappointed in MMOs. There are so many times when I have found something out of the way, an exciting nook only to find... nothing. Warhammer worked hard on providing some interesting things for explorers, but alas that game was so deficient in pretty much every other area (including the dreary aesthetic of the entire world).

My favourite zones have always been the swamps, marshes, fens and mires. I tend to hang out in those zones far longer than the game usually wants me to, so I am hoping for some nice swamps in AoC.

• Options
    I aim to walk round the coastline of AoC. Follow the rivers in. Check out the ports (and their taverns)...as per my 'lore intro':

https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/comment/70428#Comment_70428

• Options
    edited August 2017
    YES! Exploration is a big deal for me. I've always loved quest lines in mmos that are NOT kill quests but actually 'Exploring'. 

Old man "What, you haven't seen the sites son!? Well by my corrupted beard, here's an idea! Head towards Ravenheads Bluff and find the apple tree. Bring me back a few apples and I'll repay you for your kindness with other marvelous places to visit!

(simple but I like it better then; Get me 6 rabbit ears...)