Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

What's the Lore behind your character so far?

Comments

• Options

Name: Diarmuid

Race: Anthropomorphic

Archetype: Cleric/Cleric  (maybe Cleric/Tank)

Of Origins and Evil

Opening his eyes he knew not where he was. Nor did he know who he was or even what he was. All he knew was that only a moment before he had not been and that now he was. Entranced by the beauty that was all around him he was in a state of nirvana for seven years. All he touched flourished, all he did was good and unknown to him was any form of evil.

The seventh year on the day of the winter solstice something spoke to him. Petrified by the suddenness and dire tone of the voice, he discerned nothing but two words: ‘mac’ and ‘Donn’. From that moment on his mind would be plagued by images of darkness and death, evil seeped into his life. Over the following years, he fell into utter despair as nothing he did could counteract the evil that was growing.  Eventually, he set out on a quest to purge his consciousness of the evils that had entered there.

He traveled to all the great metropoles scattered across the lands in hope of finding a cure, alas, no one could help him. He visited the greatest of priests, the wisest of magi, the most balanced of druids, all in vain. Years passed and, tortured by his own thoughts, evil continued to gain ground. The man he once was, had nearly vanished. His kind spirit, vastly diminished, had made place for one that reveled in the death of others. Fearing dark desires might soon take over he set sail to the east, into uncharted waters, in search of a place where he could do no harm.

Months he sailed without finding land and as he ate the last bit of the food he had brought on the journey, his lips formed a subtle smile. Without lands in sight, he was sure he’d die at sea, relieving the world of such a wretched soul. This was, until a small speck of green showed up on the horizon, an island. At that moment his desire to bring chaos took over and made him set a course for the Emerald Isle.

On that mysterious island, the man found out what secrets lay in his existence and the words he had heard seven years ago. The knowledge he had acquired led him back home with his newfound name ‘Diarmuid’, having been purged of evil and now radiating a divine light. It is said that he then ventured through the giant portals, intending to cleanse the world ahead of the same dark infestations he himself had endured.

-

I tried to write an interesting piece, incorporating mythic Irish and Christian elements, befitting to my character idea and the Ashes of Creation universe. I hope you enjoyed reading it!

(Sorry it is so long)

• Options
    This is what I've come up with so far.

Name: Mahou
    Race: Py'Rai
    Class: Rogue/Rogue(or Rogue/Ranger)

Orphaned as a small child, Mahou was raised by the Vaelune Merchant named "Mauve". Who caught the kid trying to steal food from his caravan while they were setting up camp outside the village of Prukai, because as we all know, kids got to eat. Mauve was an intelligent and well-traveled old geezer, he had been all over the world, seen all wonders of this curious world. Selling everything from ingredients to the finest Vek-Armors.

Mauve made sure to train her with all the knives, sword, maces, axes and bows that he had in his possession, along their journeys together. Which made Mahou to become quite the skilled fighter at a young age.

On Mahous' 16th birthday, they had arrived to a small village on the outskirts of the city of Laen, while they were eating supper in the towns small inn, discussing what prices they needed for the merchants to the up-coming market, the four men that had been sitting in the middle of the room got out of their chairs with drawn swords.

The battle was quick, Mauve had killed the four men in self-defense. But he fell to the ground, he had a wound on the side of his stomach. Knowing he wasn't gonna live long after the battle, he told Mahou, "Run and don't look back."

Mahou who was medium long for a Py'rai, have silver-grey shoulder-long hair and easy on the eyes, have not been seen since that day.

There are rumours that she had joined some organization that dwell in the Shadows... but no one knows for sure what happened to that beautiful creature so many years ago.
  • Options
    I like to RP true neutral characters. 

Rogues, treasure hunters, smugglers. People who are only in it for self proffit and self promotion.

This allows me to find a cause I want to take on rather than be stuck in one path, because I can be a thief, or I can be a hero, just based on my own whim.

I tend to play off my character as cocky and a bit full of himself (I do this on the forums too if anyone notices, but in reality I am a very humble, yet very handsome ladies man with tons of likable qualities.)

In Ashes, my character will be just like this, out for his own profit, not willing to take the risk if there's no personal reward for him, but I also like to add a touch of loyalty to my friends in there as well, so my friend's causes often become my own. I will dedicate myself to my guild, with fierce loyalty, but with constant wise cracks. 
  • Options
    >_< Sadly I can't make a story till I know exactly what I will be playing which will come to me when I see what each class can do and how the sub-classes go. 

I also need to know what is out on the other side and why we, civilization, couldn't stay out of the portal to this realm... Why come here? Resources, exploration, danger on the other side? 

Without getting into too much detail, on WoW I have my toon Centari that I've RP'ed on for about 9 years and has built a strong story behind himself on being a past Assassin (Rogue) that seized the chance to become a Blood Knight (Paladin). Maybe I will make use of a Rogue/Cleric or Cleric/Rogue In some regard under the name Centari or another of my Astronomy Alias's... But reasoning is important and in the WoW universe there is a reason Cent' needed to become a Blood Knight as all Sin'dorei (Blood Elves) 'needed' a source of power to be tethered to. 
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited July 2017
    Character Name: Amaziah Hadithi, which means "The Strength of God's Legend"
    Aliases: The Grand Lightblade
    Race: Vaelune Human
    Profession: First Blade, Head swordsman of the Blade Kings
    Apparent age: 41, but doesn't look a day over 28
    Hair/mane/leaves: Black
    Skin: Chocolate Brown
    Appearance details: Amaziah dresses in silken clothing, he has long dreadlocks and tattoos on his arms. While fighting he wears his own custom made chainmail armor mixed with silk armor underneath

Personality: Neutral Good
    Religious beliefs/philosophy: The Golden Rule

Strengths, talents, and points of pride: The things your character can do really well.
    Weaknesses, detriments, and points of improvement: Mind his business. Amaziah is always ready to help anyone he comes across.

Favored alcoholic beverage: Sweet chilled wines
    Favored food: Curried meat stews, fruit salads

Favored weather or season: Spring, the season of rebirth
    Favored color: Black and Gold
    How does your character react when...
    You find a powerful weapon: Thank my patron god
    You find a coin purse: Donate it to an orphanage
    You find food: Give it to the poor 
    You find a trap: Avoid it
    You find a corpse: Say a prayer for the poor soul who lost their life
    You find a suspicious scroll: catalogue it and open it later in a safe place with wards surrounding it.

• Options
    edited July 2017
    Glosterian always knew one thing right from the start: he was in his element when in or around water, whether lake, river or sea.
    In fact, he'd always expound, (in his more alcohol-fuelled times, ahem) about how he'd always been fascinated by the sea most of all. That restless energy, power and movement just ...drew him back, time and again.
    He'd just never really understood Why...

That movement seemed to reflect his life as a nomadic ranger, rarely settling too long in any one place. His few childhood scraps of memories comprised of a confused mish-mash of travel, unknown places and hurried departures. Often by caravan it seemed. The gentle lulling back to sleep, the soothing whispers, the rocking movements. The reassuring pat of his father's hand
    He'd just never really understood Why... 

One further thing he did know now though as he finally grew into his own, usually solitary, manhood - with not even a father now, of course, given ... recent events:
    He'd always be a Survivor.  A Mover. A Magician (the locket proved it).
    Now he just really wanted to understand Why... 

• Options
    See, this is where I am at a total loss. I mean, ok, in games I enter where the lore is known (huge handicap for me, not having this!), I think "Huh, yeah, I think I wanna roll a character that's this and this and thus and this ..."

And then, after I've driven her long enough to become comfortable, she begins telling me that things I thought were so are not, in fact, so. For instance, I really thought she'd look dashing in dark colors, with silver/white providing contrast ... and then she decides she's much rather flounce around in, oh, bright orange.

Or I think that she's a high-ranking member of an aristocratic family, who revels in joining "The Resistance" in order to tweak her family's collective nose ... only to discover that she really doesn't give a rat's arse about tweaking said nose, she just wants to steal stuff.

So on and so forth. How can you try to craft a tale for your beloved characters, when they keep deciding what's what for themselves?
  • Options
    Isende said:
    See, this is where I am at a total loss. I mean, ok, in games I enter where the lore is known (huge handicap for me, not having this!), I think "Huh, yeah, I think I wanna roll a character that's this and this and thus and this ..."

And then, after I've driven her long enough to become comfortable, she begins telling me that things I thought were so are not, in fact, so. For instance, I really thought she'd look dashing in dark colors, with silver/white providing contrast ... and then she decides she's much rather flounce around in, oh, bright orange.

Or I think that she's a high-ranking member of an aristocratic family, who revels in joining "The Resistance" in order to tweak her family's collective nose ... only to discover that she really doesn't give a rat's arse about tweaking said nose, she just wants to steal stuff.

So on and so forth. How can you try to craft a tale for your beloved characters, when they keep deciding what's what for themselves?
    @Isende's consternation at her constantly contrary characters creates continously comical circumstances.
  • Options
    Mine experienced The Emoji Movie from the Meh Emoji's point of view.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    My story begins when I am called Nemesis but my true name has been long forgotten in the past. I was once a part of this world but everything change during the calamity. I have already lost everything including my humanity in the past The calamity itself didn't affect me that much but I will not just abandon my only home even if it's filled with misery. That world also brought me hope to fight with my new abilities and a new sense of purpose. People are always right I am a monster but others see's me as a hero whether they're right or wrong I have to prove myself not just for their sake but also mine.
    Race:Kaelar
    Class:Fighter/rogue or Fighter/ranger
  • Options
    Here's mine!

Name: Mai "Rory" Waifu
    Archetype: Fighter
    Race: Kaelar

This explains all you need to know...
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    In short for me: 
    Name : Slashington
    Race : Human
    Class : Predator

He belongs to a wolf clan of the far north that all were killed and executed by other rival clans of different races, his wolf spirit is that of the black wolf aka the wolf of the shadows, this wolf specializes in the arts of stealth and with the shadow have perfected a technique that will make them live for a really long time, if not completely stop aging if they become the ultimate master of the art!
    Through events hes basically made a pact with his spirit making the beast side within him have more control, so he can be quite savage and out of control at times when the wolf spirit breaks loose!

If you want to read about the whole thing its here!
    https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/34566/the-myth-of-slashington#latest
  • Options
    In short for me: 
    Name : Slashington
    Race : Human
    Class : Predator

He belongs to a wolf clan of the far north that all were killed and executed by other rival clans of different races, his wolf spirit is that of the black wolf aka the wolf of the shadows, this wolf specializes in the arts of stealth and with the shadow have perfected a technique that will make them live for a really long time, if not completely stop aging if they become the ultimate master of the art!
    Through events hes basically made a pact with his spirit making the beast side within him have more control, so he can be quite savage and out of control at times when the wolf spirit breaks loose!
    https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/34566/the-myth-of-slashington#latest

If you want to read more about it, the lore is the link above!
  • Options
    Well since I know none of the lore for the game besides general concepts I've been given free reign... This is a mixed blessing. Let's hope the class combo I want will be accessible :P 
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Name: Therin Rivandere
    Race: Kaelar Human
    Class: (Hoping for something like a Death Knight)

History: House Rivandere was a powerful noble family once. They showed great promise as they valued Loyalty above all and inspired it amongst their people, and received it in kind. They were able to acquire funds and when Therin was born they were able to give him along with all his siblings the education he needed to be a noble and just rulers, and to look after their people.

Unfortunately the family's golden age had come to an end. For a lesser house staged a coup to overthrow the Rivanderes and it nearly succeeded, as they nearly wiped the family from existence. The twins who were but 6 years of age were strangled to death, the Lord and Lady were burned alive trapped in their room, along with their newborn daughter. Leaving Therin alone.

His home burned, his family slaughtered, and the remaining staff of the castle homeless Therin's mind was a wreck, for now he had an intense fear of death. He didn't want to die, he couldn't die! Not like them... not alone. So he took steps to ensure he never would. With relic and ritual Therin threw himself into learning everything he could about Necromancy to ensure that he would never again fear death....

When he heard of the divine gate's opening to the old world, Therin decided it was time to rebuild his house and home in the Old World. Settle lands and rule as he had trained to do so many years ago, and loyally protect and serve his subjects no matter the price.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Thoughts?
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    (Not polished and full of made up stuff cause I know nothing. @Intrepid ; feel free to use though!)

Current Times
    Random man "What do I know about Hobbs? You mean, the Hermit? Well..." He scratches his head "Not much. He wanders in and out of town. Sometimes stays a while or disappears for months. Always seems to come back though. He clearly doesn't have a home in these parts and surely doesn't look like he could afford one but he always pays Old Martin for a room at the Prancing Mare (wink). He should probably shave once in a while, I hear he frightens the kids" lowers his head and whispers "Especially when he starts talking to his horse... Calls him Philippe".

Few Years Ago
    Market woman "Obby the Wanderer? Well, let me tell you what Meredith from the tavern heard from Sovin's sister inlaw up in Ravenhill. Apparently he's a powerful wizard or mage..." she nods vehemently as it to make it true "...He saved a young boy from a band of vicious creatures that crawled out of the sea. Yes I swear, he called upon lightning and fire she said, wielding the elements and bending their power to his will. Most of the creatures died writhing in pain while the village people looked in awe." she takes a huge gulp of her drink before wiping her mouth on her blouse "He refused the gold they offered him but accepted a young pony. Said he'd raise him good...Pfffaaa! That Obby is crazier than old Netty, the whore that runs the bathhouse. Bathhouse...Pffff, now that's a lie!..." and the gossip carries on.

Few More Years Back
    Barkeep "What will you have, Sir...?" the hooded and imposing man sitting on the stool kept quiet for a moment before realizing the rotund barkeep was asking for his name. With a nod to the man, he slid coins on top of the bar and said "My name is my own to keep and give to whom I choose, but if you play your cards right barkeep, there's more of this..." he nodded towards the coins "...for your cooperation that is!" The big man leaned on the bar while preparing the drink and when he pushed the tankard forward, the coins seemed to vanish. "Wha'd'ya need good sir?" 

The hooded man looked up at the barkeep with a sly grin and asked "I'm looking for a man. Goes by the name of Oberron...Seen him? Wanted for murder and worst!"

Further Back
    Gate guard "It's all a fire! The houses, the keep... Half the men have fled and the remaining are getting cut down! Only the Spellward Keep still stands but bu b..." he stutters "Oh god... His wife and boy were found..." unable to finish, the guard spills his lunch to the floor "...Gods...Their bodies... Where's the master, where IS HE!?" he yelled asking as a massive elongated claw came down, cutting him shoulder to thigh. His body now in pieces crumbled to each side with a squishy thud.

Creature "SSssspellwarrrrd! THE CURSssED HAVE COME FOR THEE!" it hissed and yelled amidst the burning chaos. 

The Beginning
    Midwife "It's here..." she said smiling and pulling the infant close in a soft, clean cloth. A quick inspection and she handed the child to his mother.
    Mother "Oh look, he has your imposing stare..." she laughed softly and looked up at her husband "What should we call him my Love?"

Oberron Spellward "Philippe, after your grandfather. It means horse in 'Ancient Sage' and I swear this little one will be as strong as... He'll outlive us all!" 

(To Be Continued) 

CHARACTER
    NOW: Hobbs, The Wandering Hermit
    THEN: Oberron Spellward, once 1st Dusk Warden of the Eanthalos Order, Lord of Spellward Fortress, Dragon Whisperer and Keeper of the Void Flames of Ashen Spire (And more cool stuff...).
    RACE: Human-Like
    CLASS: Dusk Warden of the Eanthalos Order, Lord of Spellward Fortress, Dragon Whisperer and Keeper of the Void Flames of Ashen Spire... That's a class in the game, right!?

• Options
    edited August 2017
    Hmm, well, presuming another person doesn't get my character's name ahead of time... and of course, if we can have split names... and obviously types of builds available. But, I typically build two characters (siblings) :3

Fletz and Jyezabelle Stone
    Rogue/Archer and Crafter // Healer/Hunter and Crafter

Fletz and Jyezabelle had a rocky start in life. Both parents were killed in a siege that levelled their town when they were just 12 and 15 respectively, Fletz's older sister, Jyezabelle and himself had to fend for themselves to overcome their tragedy, alongside many other orphans. Jyezabelle eventually found solace in the wilds and in healing, while Fletz turned to pick pocketing and acrobatics. Between them, they managed to eek out a living and carve a niche into their world where they eventually became battle hardened and often stood side to side against incredible odds. Crafting kept them both in the good graces of the local townships, while hunting down nefarious criminals listed on local watch-lists spread their fame (or infamy, depending on whom one asked). Yet, as the fates would have it, a tear in time took them from each other - leaving them to never again appear together. They have long searched for the path to reuniting but as the years weathered on, they took solace in the presence each leaves in a homestead they share. As one door opens and one enters, another door closes and the other leaves. Ever just a heartbeat apart - these siblings are united as equally as they are divided.
  • Options
    Lobstr

Lobstr was a young, fat boy who discovered the art of magic when he was 13 years of age. It came as a shock to his father, who turned his own son in for the monster he was becoming.

When imprisoned, Lobstr didn't try to escape,  he only kept himself secluded to master his newly found magical skills. He was guarded by at least 3 guards at all times,  each of these being highly trained combat professionals.  The chief guard, Kubelo, did not want this boy to escape. 

2½ years later, when Lobstr was 16, he felt like he had mastered his skills. He then waited and waited for weeks, until they messed up. And they did. A guard opened the door to his cell to give him food, but he wasn't just going to give him food. No, this guard hated all magic users, so he attempted to beat Lobstr up, but Lobstr has learned many tricks during his time there. He managed to freeze the guard and dash out of his cell to freedom. He asked his friend, who he hadn't seen in years if he could live with him.  He accepted Lobstr in to hide from the city guard. 

One week later and there was an announcement about guards to search every building in the city in order to find Lobstr. He was clueless of how they were going to do this, as the city was thousands of acres big.  Then they heard a rumour that they would use another magic user to do it. One that had been imprisoned for years just like Lobstr. The rumour was that they would set him free after the mission if it was successful, as long as he swore never to come back to the city.  Lobstr knew that the only thing to do was to take the corrupt city guard down.

During his time in prison, Lobstr worked out as well as learning magic, making him more physically fit than before.  He was ready.

Lobstr made his way toward the castle, freezing and killing every guard that tried to stop him. When he got there he froze chief guard Kubelo to the wall, making sure he watched the proceeding events. The young captured wizard didn't know what to do until Kubelo shouted,
    "KILL HIM!"
            The wizard attempted to attack Lobstr with no luck. Lobstr fought back while explaining that he could leave right now and be free, but he didn't understand. He had never done anything illegal in his life, so he didn't want to be an escaped convict. Lobstr told him that he had taken down the city guard, getting another cold, blank stare gazed upon him. They kept fighting and Lobstr kept trying to reason until Lobstr killed him. He ran up to him to check if he was alive. 
    "Look what you made me do!" shouted Lobstr.
    "You killed dozens of my men," Kubelo replied.
    "But this boy was innocent! How could you do this you monster!!!?" 
               Lobstr then extended the ice around Kubelo to cover his face and threw an ice shard into his stomach, making sure his death was painful.

Lobstr had destroyed the corrupt city guard and was now free. He hadn't realised at the time but so was everyone else in the city. They were happy that they were gone, but were worried that there was no leader. Lobstr stood up and became king, ruling the city for nearly a year until the people revolted. They were unhappy that a wizard was ruling over their town, so he left. Guiding his own way around, on a journey that he could make riches from, and please people at that.

Lobstr went from an overweight boy, to a criminal, to  a king, to an adventurer.

This was Lobstr's backstory.

• Options
    Naturally the entire thing is subject to change as we discover more but the general idea is there.

I settled on playing a character with a fairly loose moral compass that could be thrown into the deep end of adventure, probably either a mercenary or a treasure hunter. Given my love for the Uncharted series, I sort of settled on the latter.

I don't enjoy characters who are bad simply for the sake of being bad. I like my backstories to tell why the character isn't living the life they were born to, rather than something packed with action showing how awesome they might be (characters that start out 'awesome' are boring anyways...). 

---

Name: Alera (If available. I usually use it.)
    Race: Vaelune Human
    Archetype: Rogue

Every civilisation has it's lost secrets just waiting to be unveiled by those bold enough to seek them. 

Alera's the youngest of three children and an only daughter. While not wealthy, her family was never without the essentials and the three children lived comfortable lives with their blacksmith father and seamstress mother. 

Her eldest brother, Kydras, was a greedy soul. Having seen his parents work for many long years with so little to show for it, he came to the conclusion that he would be best served simply taking rather than earning. He claimed to his mother and father that his success had come from working as a courier for wealthy merchants and, for a while, they believed him.

Kydras quietly grew into a wildly successful thief, amassing a small stockpile of jewels and precious metals. It didn't take long for him to start hatching increasingly elaborate schemes with even greater payoffs. Finding himself in need of extra hands, he brought his younger brother, Elthan, into the life as his partner and even occasionally tricked Alera into serving as a distraction.

Kydras and Elthan's great deception came crashing down almost a year into their partnership. Caught red-handed in a merchant-lord's home, pockets stuffed with gold and silver, there was no question where their wealth had come from. The two boys fled, leaving their stockpile at home to be seized by guards and their family's name forever tainted by their misdeeds.

With the brother's stolen goods found within the family home, Alera and her parents found themselves painted as dupes at best, accomplices at worst. Short changed on every good they produced and shunned by those they once called friends, daily life became a struggle. Ultimately the trio were driven out and found themselves wandering from village to village, from town to town, taking on whatever jobs they could until inevitably moving on. During this time Alera took up her brothers' trade, slipping away into the night and returning before dawn with stolen food and the odd coin from those who won't miss it. Occasionally those she thought deserved to lose it.

When the gateways opened a new world beckoned and, for Alera and her parents, it was a world where they could start again, free from the taint of Kydras and Elthan's past misdeeds. Every settlement would have use for a talented blacksmith and seamstress and, for Alera, there was surely a trove of lost treasures that didn't yet belong to anyone. Treasures her parents could finally take pride in her bringing home.

...And maybe a brother or two deserving some payback.
  • Options
    Id love to make one, but, in most cases they change over the course of rp. I am an improviser mostly. And to even make just a basic template for my character I need the feel of the world I'm in. So, it will have to wait until the beta, at the very least. In most likely case I will make a Tulnar, so yes.

Name: Unknown (Possibly Grendal)
    Race: Tulnar? (Dwarf if I don't like the Tulnar after all)
    I hope to make a seafaring trader, so it will most likely be of a merchant family. That is all I can say as of yet.
  • Options
        A bit longer than I'd intended, but i hope it's worth the read.

A young mother rushes across the trembling surface of a dying home-world desperately clutching a strangely quiet infant against her chest. Degra, her mate, follows close behind, weapon drawn to protect his family. 
         The chaos reigning around them only served to make reaching the escape portal even more difficult. The fearful screams of their people raging through the air like temple chimes having no affect on the wide eyed infant. Indiri stumbled, nearly dropping her daughter to the ground, an unseen hand seemed to reach out and pull the young mother back to her feet, allowing her to get nearer the portal.
          After such a struggle as the family had never seen, nor heard song of, they approached the portal. A throng of escapees pressed through to safety. Indiri, using her strongest magic to protect herself, and her child paused briefly to turn to her mate. Degra quickly traversed the few meters he'd fallen behind. Together the family continued toward their escape. They were close enough to the portal that its hum had begun to overpower even the most panicked voices.
         Less now than a full meter from their escape the world itself seemed to turn against the hopeful family. A deafening sound tore through the air, blocking out even the sound of the portal. Indiri was thrown to the ground with enough force to break both an arm, and a rib. Cradling her baby in her good arm she gently spoke the words of healing that would allow her to continue. Her light flashed from within momentarily as her wounds quickly healed, giving her a chance to call out to her mate.
         As she lifted her eyes away from the garnet haired child she again saw her world...It had indeed turned against her; against her people; against her family. Where Degra had stood only seconds before was now only a seething gash in the landscape. Again the sound that had seemed to knock her off her feet rang through the air. This time she saw what it was that had cost her mate his life. The world seemed to heave and thrash tossing people about like rubbish in a storm.
         She felt the ground beneath her begin to tremble, quickly she stood, her wounds now fully healed, only her blood staining the white fabric of her robe left any sign she'd fallen. Forcing herself into the open portal she knew her life would be forever changed without Degra at her side. Her final thought entering the portal was of the need to be strong for her daughter. Clutching the child tightly Indiri screamed as her daughter vanished from her grasp. The scream of a mourning mate and mother rang in the ears and minds of all who followed her until she was forced out the exit of the portal with nothing of her former life.
         Now as those ancient portals begin to hum back to life there are none who know that long lost holy woman. None remain who felt the psychic echo that rang through the void the day Indiri's mate lost his fight against the darkness.  There is one, however, that felt the life of a great protector fade, one who felt the in-expressible anguish her child being lost.
         A garnet haired young woman falls from a recently opened portal, crashing gracelessly to the ground. She cries out in pain as her legs scrape across the unforgiving ground. Quickly she is greeted by an unfamiliar face demanding answers to questions she doesn't seem to understand. As she focuses her gaze at the man she begins to hear his words. "Who are you?" he asks as he gently touches her injuries. She feels a familiar feeling pass through her as the minor abrasions quickly fade. Again the stranger asks his question. With a gaze that seemed to both pierce his soul and look right through him she responded....
             "My name is Gekkeikan."  Standing on her somewhat shaky legs she walks away from the man without further discourse.
  • Options
    I have to be honest I'm jumping in this barely knowing anything other than the couple videos I've watched since I heard about this game a couple hours ago. This is off the cuff early in the morning so I'll probably come back and flesh it out later.

Name: Tayolith
    Archetype: Mage
    Race: Human

Tayolith has awoken in this world of ashes, knowing only his name and his passion for craft. He has forgotten of his past, where he has come from, how he's got here, and why he came here in the first place. So he has set out on an adventure to find anyone who can explain to him where he is and why he keeps lighting things on fire on touch. Though he's forgotten, Tayolith is a skilled miner and blacksmith.

I've tried to stay vague as the lore of the world so far is also extremely vague. I have very specific passions and all of my characters I play in most games have at least one of the aspects I love in RPGs.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Name: Fae Lyn
    Archetype: Druid (hopefully, otherwise some sort of Necro-Summoner)
    Race: Py'rai Elf
    Age: Unknown, multiple centuries, looks in her mid twenties though

Fae Lyn is a solitude, rather hostile towards people, elven druid who is very skilled at using summoning magic and necromancy, which makes her also feared among many.
    Her alignment is actually lawful good to lawful neutral and she wants good to happen, especially help those oppressed/hurt, but she avoids people because she is very convinced that they're all evil and are going to attack her and her forest - the only place, where she's ever found peace at.
    She is a very proficient and old magic user that specialised in taming and summoning large battle beasts. 

As a kid, she and her tribe were enslaved by a group of mercenaries.
    When she used her summons to free her group, instead of being grateful, they feared her and banned her out of the tribe. Therefore, she avoids and hates not only humans, but also her own kind.

For her high skills in summoning magic, a bounty was set on her by ruling emperors.
    She felt a huge disappointment, when she opened up to a human lover for the very first time who ended up selling her to the king to get the bounty.
    When she fled, again her powerful summons caused a high destruction which she decided to avoid by avoiding any kind of contact for good, especially since she is also very old and has seen many wars and a lot of destruction during her lifetime.

However, she values reason very high and if someone convinces her on an intelligent level that she might have to help humans in order to bring salvation, she would consider it. And secretly, she does wish to find those she can sincerely trust, even though she will probably send her summons on you at the first contact. 
  • Options
    The only thing they know is once they hear some steps in the shadows. xD
  • Options
    Name: Gothix
    Archetype: Archer
    2nd Archetype: Rogue
    Race: A bit of everything (was a wild party)

Backstory:

An illegitimate offspring of @nagash and @Karthos, forgotten in a baby crib after a drunken night in a hotel room. Almost eaten by nearby tiger owned by Mike Tyson, but saved and afterwards adopted by a passing elf hunter who took pitty.

Taken to a dark deep elvish forest, trained in dark forbidden arts, grown into dangerous man, seeking to find his true identity.

Half human, half undead (from mothers side - @nagash *hint hint*) and trained by the elves, now encompassing the very best of all three worlds, Gothix is back into Verra ready to rock and roll.

To be continued...
  • Options
    Gothix said:
    Name: Gothix
    Archetype: Archer
    2nd Archetype: Rogue
    Race: A bit of everything (was a wild party)

Backstory:

An illegitimate offspring of @nagash and @Karthos, forgotten in a baby crib after a drunken night in a hotel room. Almost eaten by nearby tiger owned by Mike Tyson, but saved and afterwards adopted by a passing elf hunter who took pitty.

Taken to a dark deep elvish forest, trained in dark forbidden arts, grown into dangerous man, seeking to find his true identity.

Half human, half undead (from mothers side - @nagash *hint hint*) and trained by the elves, now encompassing the very best of all three worlds, Gothix is back into Verra ready to rock and roll.

To be continued...
  • Options
    I owe so much back child support...
  • Options
    Name: Dunno quite yet, using a temp name of Anom
    Gender: Depends on the customization options, possibly female so going with it for this
    Race: Tulnar
    Class: Mage/Mage wielding a greatsword

Her world had always been ruled by two, singular laws. Respect your King, and kill the enemies of the Under realm. She was a powerful mage, and worked as hard as she could to preserve the peace of her homeland. Some mocked her for her choice of weapon. After all, how could she fill mere steel with arcane energies better than if she held a staff, or book? She soon taught them that very lesson, and left them sobbing on their rears.

When she was young, she lived on the docks near Brithpor. That was a place near the colder regions of the Under realm, which was near the center. It was still warm enough for the water to stay moving, but cold enough to make her ears sting if she stayed outside too long. It was still cold inside, but at least they had a hearth to sit by. Most of the people in Brithpor were tasked with fishing, preparing leather and some lesser steels for craftsmen, and there was a chef or two. Most of the really talented individuals lived at the capital, far up north, in the hotter regions, like Kalbia.

They weren't often attacked by spitefuls in Brithpor. Most spitefuls lived near fizzures, which form where the cold ends and the heat begins. However, that does not mean they never had been. She had lost a lot to those monsters- never family, but lots of supplies, and even a few nets. When they came, a lot came, mostly small little ones that Krooks(Shark-like serpents they use as mounts, usually they swim but they can move on land as well, but slowly) loved to eat. 

Anom was given a Krook of her own at the Signing age, the age when her magic fully settled into her body and it was considered safe to use. This, for Tulnar, was usually around the age of 12 or 13. Her family had worried that giving her one before that time would excite her too much, and she might catch herself on fire. Nevertheless, she loved her Krook, taking care of him ever since he was a small guppy, and riding him into "Battle" against the spitefuls whenever they came.

That all changed when she turned 15. Instead of living a simple life in her village, her parents were contacted by the King himself to hand her over. Magic was exceedingly rare, especially of her level. She was found to be useful, when a Seer had been scrying, and was to be sent within three days, or he would come there and retrieve her himself.

Her parents were happy for her, but also terribly worried. She was a commoner, and had far less of an education than most people. They were worried that she might be taken advantage of, but on the second day, when everything had been packed, she was sent off. Her Krook was forced to stay behind, as they do not do well travelling in hot conditions, and the capital was known to be very hot, and humid.

Doing a bit of a skip in time, when Anom finally arrives in the capital, she finds that she isn't bothered by the heat. Her scales seem to hum with it, and it lifts her mood greatly. As soon as she arrives, she is greeted by a close servant of the king, who guides her to her quarters and gives her a schedule. That "Schedule" is for a place where she would be learning for the next several years on how to control her magic, and how to use it properly, and not simply for idle parlor tricks.

Now, the big question; How on earth did she decide to use a greatsword? I'm glad you asked, because I don't know yet. I'll figure it out, maybe. She finds it somewhere, I know that much, and her magic channels through it much better than if she channels through a book or staff.
  • Options
    Name: Telonius
    Archetype:Rogue-Bard (maybe Rogue-Guardian)
    Race: Tulnar
         it's kind of ironic as i look back, my people ruled the skies in the days before. we were a friendly but lawful people,and i ruled it's alleyways. my work wasn't typically "legal" but when you work with government secrets legality is rather fluid. the hardest part of it all was that i was the first to know anything and the last to be able to do anything about it i was heartbroken the day our glorious city collapsed; when the portals began to falter people began to panic; even more so when we had to go underground, but with our forces decimated, our skies burning, and our seas boiling we had no other choice.

the first days of the underground were tragic in multiple ways; some of our people weren't able to. . . adapt as well to the environment especially on top of the loss or evacuation of friends and loved ones. even some of those who stayed alive haven't stayed the same. the only thing keeping me alive through these darkest of days is the fact that one day i will return to the surface, and i will reclaim my homeland.
  • Options
    (New to this so plz don't judge too harshly)

Name: Sionis
    Race: Vaelune Human
    Archetype: Rogue/TBD

Survive. Even if he were to forget everything in his life, Sionis can never forget that word. The moment he learned to walk and talk he had to learn to survive. The desert is cruel and merciless and if you can't do whatever it takes to survive then your as good as dead. Steal to survive, and kill to survive. Whatever it takes... whatever it takes... to survive. Sionis got this mentality at a young age thanks to his "family". 

Left as a child by one then picked up as a child by another. Sionis was picked up by a family of thieves and they raised him as a thief. Taught to steal, pick a lock, slit a throat, efficiently poison someone as well as paralyze them, utilize the environment to your benefit, and to conceal yourself in the shadows.

"Although you should prioitize yourself my son, it's important that you find comrades to fight with. Now remember Sionis you don't have to care about them but you do have to pretend that you do. Build a facade and use your comrades remember that Sionis." Sionis took every skill and advice given to him by his family to his heart. This led him to become apathetic to almost everything but he made sure to keep a facade to attract potenrial comrades to his side.

Sionis continues to live this sociopathic lifestyle. Will he ever meet comrades that will change his perspective to a brighter one? Or will he continue this desolate lifestyle? Only time will tell...
  • Options
    I only very loosely RP. I tend to have a set of rules I follow for my character in my head, but otherwise, I don't really flesh out the story.

Name: Diwata
    Archetype: Cleric
    Race: Kaelar

Diwata doesn't know much outside of the church she serves in, but her secretly adventurous heart jumped at the chance of exploring the old world when they called for volunteers. Unfortunately, no one said how disorienting passing through the portals would be and Diwata got lost and away from her other cleric friends. Now she needs to look for the settlement that was originally planned (religious node hopefully!). Luckily, she found some new friends to explore with. All those years in training will hopefully not be put to waste, and she might even get to learn some strange new skills (sub classes lol).