Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

is the game ready to be played

im new is the game ready to play or when can i expect to play it

Comments

• Options

based on official info
  • Options
    As Lexmax has illustrated above, the game is in pre alpha development stage at the mo.  There will be a playable demo at pax.  The playable alpha/beta schedule is above and full release is targeted for end of 19. the devs had said "before 2020" 
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited July 2017
    PhenomJay said:
    is the game ready to play

Only in my dreams!
  • Options
  • Options
    We really REALLY need a sticky of some of the more frequently asked questions
  • Options
    We really REALLY need a sticky of some of the more frequently asked questions

Yeah, but would very many read it?
  • Options
    In my experience unless a sticky says get your free ingame currency here no one looks there 1st myself included.  only 1% would read it if it said get your free in game currency here lol

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited July 2017
    In my experience unless a sticky says get your free ingame currency here no one looks there 1st myself included.  only 1% would read it if it said get your free in game currency here lol

Then we title it......."FREE ALPHA ACCESS, read to see how!!!!"

I think if there was a sticky for each of the top asked questions it would help:
    1. When will the game be ready? Alpha and Beta Access
    2. What primary class / role will you play first? (poll)
    3. Will you play a pure class or a hybrid? (poll)
    4. What race will you play? (poll)
    5. Preferred Node (poll)
  • Options

I think if there was a sticky for each of the top asked questions it would help:
    5. Preferred Node (poll)
    Makes sense to me!   
  • Options

5. Preferred Node (poll)
    Makes sense to me!   
    I support this! Mods, take note!
  • Options
    Also, Just know if you're going to check out the game play footage that will be released from PAX, the devs have said this is only 20% of what combat could be like. This is such an early stage of the game that you should not be quick to judge. Please reference the Imperium wiki if you're looking for "strait to the point" information on what we know so far! 
    http://aocwiki.net/Main_Page

• Options
    I do not think the information in the graphic is still accurate. this is from a June 7th interview on zam.com
    "Intrepid Studios is planning on hosting their friends and family closed alpha this October. Another closed alpha will follow. The beta is tentatively planned for later next year, with a stress test open beta directly before launch. Ashes of Creation is technically planned for a December 2018 release, but Sharif cautions that it's difficult to estimate at this point."
  • Options
    The info in the graphic is based upon these official comments on discord:

• Options
    It is only the statement of beta-live that is technically inaccurate, as beta and live could potentially happen in '18. The others are just date range.
  • Options
    Johndoe said:
    It is only the statement of beta-live that is technically inaccurate, as beta and live could potentially happen in '18. The others are just date range.
    Yes, technically they could release Alpha 1 & 2, beta 1 & 2 and also go live in 2018, but this would be pretty unlikely. But since IS stated alpha 1 in 2018 and release before 2020, I took the conservative approach of a beta/live occurring in 2019.
  • Options
    Have you tried plugging it In?
    It's crazy. This question can trigger heated arguments and at the same time can also prevent them.
  • Options
    @Johndoe  @lexmax
    the info-graphic is accurate Alpha 0 is planned for Q4 2017 with Alpha 1 in December 2018 (however they plan on making it sooner but for now thats the date) with release being "before 2020" alpha 2 and the betas will have to happen in 2019. 
  • Options
    lexmax said:
    Johndoe said:
    Yes, technically they could release Alpha 1 & 2, beta 1 & 2 and also go live in 2018, but this would be pretty unlikely. But since IS stated alpha 1 in 2018 and release before 2020, I took the conservative approach of a beta/live occurring in 2019.
    Shunex said:
    @Johndoe  @lexmax
    the info-graphic is accurate Alpha 0 is planned for Q4 2017 with Alpha 1 in December 2018 (however they plan on making it sooner but for now thats the date) with release being "before 2020" alpha 2 and the betas will have to happen in 2019. 

Lesson? Don't **** with Lexmax
  • Options
    @PhenomJay from what i can tell ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfLj1B3b4LI&t

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCOPqQ-LXis&t

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4vPGS8SXaw&t

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Jn5yROQKzY&t

... Yesh (: 3)

Lols not yet, but its getting close. PAX will the earilest gameplay anyone will get - iSeptember 1st - 4th i think ?

( Btw the links are some Past Gameplay ... take a gander at them if you haven't already  :)  )

• Options
    Fanzhon said:
    Have you tried plugging it In?
    It's crazy. This question can trigger heated arguments and at the same time can also prevent them.
    A risk worth taking :P