Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Marriage (Ashes waifu?)

2»

Comments

• Options
    Don't try to play with your words @Xombie  You clearly said "only our marriage counts."  You don't care about me.  You've always liked him more than me.  I hate you!  *throws dishes at you*
  • Options
    tugowar said:
    Don't try to play with your words @Xombie  You clearly said "only our marriage counts."  You don't care about me.  You've always liked him more than me.  I hate you!  *throws dishes at you*

<3@tugowar
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited August 2017
    I could have sworn he mouths, "I'm sorry. I love you."

• Options
    tugowar said:
    I could have sworn he mouths, "I'm sorry. I love you."

Oh, he does;) <3
  • Options
    Completely forgot about this... been a good read. Thank you everyone for your input and enthusiasm.

I get the whole "Marriage becoming mandatory for high end PVP and dungeons" complaint about skills/buffs from marriage but there is a part of me that would like some way to really feel as if I can do something special with the special person in my game life.
     The buff or skill doesn't have to be a combatant one. A slightly quicker cool down on parlor games; Governments being able to give benefits to married couples (though I can't see that happening in a virtual world as the government has nothing to gain from other people marrying.); single person mounts becoming two person mounts for you and your partner; or a minor buff in a stat akin to 'Luck'. 

I share many worries others have stated here but my main concern is that I don't want marriage to be 'must have extra buff', but not a superficial thing either.

Again thanks for the input and I hope that Steven will see this and spark some imagination for him.  :):):*<3;)B):s:p:#>:):*:'(:/<3:):):D:(:oB):p I may have missed one.
  • Options
    I'm against marriage buffs, because then marriage becomes mandatory mechanics that you can't avoid due to loosing out on buffs.

Consequentially marriage becomes meaningless in sense of what it's meant to be.
  • Options
    Marriage in Ashes.

• Options
  • Options
    I want to try all 4 classes so is this possible ? I have to register 4 times with different emails oand make 4 accnts or just using 1 accnt to make  4class or multiple class is possible or Class is random like in dota we can for every match ? Coz i like to make all 4 classes to play on multiple mode so any possible ideas please ,,,,like iplay dragonoath  and age of wushu with muliple classes 
  • Options
    Haha, Dawgs fan here actually. SEC!!!
    Woop! Nothing quite like this Classic City!
  • Options
    edited October 2017

jacksjaga said:
    I want to try all 4 classes so is this possible ? I have to register 4 times with different emails oand make 4 accnts or just using 1 accnt to make  4class or multiple class is possible or Class is random like in dota we can for every match ? Coz i like to make all 4 classes to play on multiple mode so any possible ideas please ,,,,like iplay dragonoath  and age of wushu with muliple classes 

I think this a question for another thread tbh  xD 

Also, do you mean races? Yes, there are four races but each has their two different branches so that is eight different races in total. As for classes, there are 8 different primaries you can pick from and choose an Augment (Secondary) later on allowing up to 64 class potentials.

Further, on about how many characters you may have per account, I am unaware of any number that has been confirmed or denied yet.

Hope you found this helpful!

(I'm totally down for in-game marriage though, even though most people are dudes xD)
  • Options
    I think getting married in the game should have a system and maybe have a reasonable cost so people don't go getting married a lot. Maybe it should give shared inventory space, titles for Mrs. Mr. Etc but no actual gameplay buffs as it will make it so that if people want to be top tier they might have to get married if marriage will have dmg or healing buffs. 
  • Options
    Maybe eating food made by the spouse just gives a slightly longer duration of the food buff than the food would normally give you, like 1min-up to 10min max level. Also maybe just special emotes and the title of Mr. and Ms.

For the expense of the marriage, it could consume an item (Item "Doohikey") and you only can acquire the Doohikey once a year on Valentine's day and you have to participate throughout the day in order to win the Doohikey along with whatever else is offered up.
    Marriage can also offer shared bank space, maybe get an additional 5 slots when married as well,  and married couples get a reduced tax in the node, like 2-5%
    Maybe also an indicator on your mini/world map where your spouse is at and what quest they are pursuing/crafting partaking in.

There should be some downsides to marriage, like unable to achieve "Rest", like in WoW, rest allows you to achieve extra experience up to a certain point, so maybe resting without your spouse does not acquire you any or little to none rest, something could be done with the food buff part of that as well.
  • Options
    @Karthos will be my wife, if not I will just seduce @NanaKarthos
  • Options
    @Karthos will be my wife, if not I will just seduce @NanaKarthos

• Options
    NO
  • Options
    Well... I love marriages... also InGame. Diura said some good ideas... I dont want any buffs from that or need special mounts but maybe to show your Wifu/Husband above your head is a cool idea. Show ppl your love and blame those who are forever alone ... *giggles*

Meow~
  • Options
    >:)
    Will it be possible to have multiple wives and will the buffs be cumulative? If so, then I am all good for it.

Note to self:
    Need to have a separate bank account from them for sure.
    I'll skip the wives fixing food that buffs me, I would gain far too much weight.
    Must choose Alchemist profession for Vitality potions (required).

• Options
    PLEASE please please no more unnecessary bonuses to add to the crap ton of bonuses peeps be asking for weekly on the forums.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    On the other side if your character remains single you gain access to the Cats skill. By max level you could accumulate as many as 30 cat companions or 'catpanions' as you like to call them... ahem.