Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

What will Ashes have available in terms of Gear Orientation?

Every MMO up to this point, that I am aware of, has never given players the option of how their gear will be positioned and oriented on their character, it just automatically goes to set place based on its size and typing. Shields always end up on the left and weapons on the right, weapon goes to the right before the left with dual wielding, two-handed weapons go straight to the back and all one-handed weapons go to the sides. You, the player don't have any say in the matter.

So, why do games of this nature not allow you to choose where you equip your gear or how it is oriented?

Comments

• Options
    I smell what you're cookin, @dracone
    It would be cool to be able to pick the sheath placement depending on what your set up is; switch dual wield sheath on the hips to criss cross on your back if you prefer. Maybe even sheaths could be an equipment slot with the rest of your gear, where you pick up new ones that hold your weapon differently dipending on the make while also giving you attribute/skill bonuses.
  • Options
    As I posted to your other thread asking the same question, it's very early days for the game. Changing positions of items requires many underlying changes to the character models, meshes, textures and animations. While these are all possible, the question comes down to time and resources. 
  • Options
    lexmax
    I read it, I'm basically hoping that because Ashes so early in its development cycle that this sort of that I'm hoping they can at least find a way to partially implement this sort of thing. I'm not denying that it will probably mean the kinds of issues you mentioned, I'm just saying as a player going those extra miles would be appreciated. It would also help the game to further define itself as a possible benchmark for what MMOs should be capable of.