Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

where do i leave my stuff.

With limited weight you can carry. And nodes needing lvl 3 before you can get a house to store something. or dont even have to money to own a house.
 Where do i store all the materials i have gathered?
Also can i sell materials without being a citizen or havin a store?
Cause there only so many stalls availible to rent to be able to sell.

Comments

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited August 2017
    weasel said:
    With limited weight you can carry. And nodes needing lvl 3 before you can get a house to store something. or dont even have to money to own a house.
    • Player storage is tied to backpacks
    • There are also Mule mounts to carry your resources (edit)
    • No confirmation if you need to be a node citizen to rent a stall.
  • Options
    These are questions we don't have answers to yet :) We don't have a detailed list of what npcs are available to each stage of node yet ^^
    It may be possible that a "bank" type npc is available at an earlier stage. 
    I don't think you need to be a citizen of the node to use the market - if no stalls are available you can travel to another node using the caravan system and set up a stall there or focus on selling items via your freehold.
    I imagine market stalls will be competitively sought after but that's part of the risk/reward system. 

I'm certain these types of questions will be answered in more depth as the months go by :)
  • Options
    lexmax said:
    weasel said:
    backpack is al great and all, but where does one craft a backpack or anthing if there is no crafthing station yet? 
    backspace is not same as carryweight. the holl point of not being able to carry alot is so youll need the caravan to move your stuff. so where do i store my stuff?
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    lexmax said:

Any idea if we can own several types of backpacks and switch them as needed?

And if yes, where can we store extra backpack that we are currently not using? Inside other backpack (after we empty it).

Will we perhaps be able to store full backpack in our housing by just dropping it on a floor or in wardrobe, then pick up another type of backpack and continue adventuring with it?

I realize much of this is unknown yet (maybe even all is unknown), but I'll still put this here, maybe *someone who knows* posts a glimpse of some answers. :)
  • Options
    weasel said:
    lexmax said:
    weasel said:
    backpack is al great and all, but where does one craft a backpack or anthing if there is no crafthing station yet? 
    backspace is not same as carryweight. the holl point of not being able to carry alot is so youll need the caravan to move your stuff. so where do i store my stuff?
    Reading into what Steven says below, backpacks might also be able to be affixed to mule mounts. But this hasn't been explicitly confirmed.

• Options
    edited August 2017
    weasel said:
    so where do i store my stuff?
    /sarcasm on

You attack and kill another player, then loot him, but instead of taking his items and putting them in your bag, you take your items and put in his bag.

When you need those items later on, find that player, kill him again and take your stuff.

/sarcasm off
  • Options
    Gothix said:
    lexmax said:

Any idea if we can own several types of backpacks and switch them as needed?

And if yes, where can we store extra backpack that we are currently not using? Inside other backpack (after we empty it).

Will we perhaps be able to store full backpack in our housing by just dropping it on a floor or in wardrobe, then pick up another type of backpack and continue adventuring with it?

I realize much of this is unknown yet (maybe even all is unknown), but I'll still put this here, maybe *someone who knows* posts a glimpse of some answers. :)
    @Gothix you should raise all of this in the next Q&A :)
  • Options
    As has been pointed out, this question has not been clearly answered as of yet. We do know however that node progression from level 0 to level 1 is a matter of hours vs days. There are also npcs from the beginning located around starting areas. All they need is a single bank npc, or chest and the issue is done. By the time you have gathered your first set of mats, run through the basic tutorial, crafted your first set of starter items, the node will have already levelled into something giving you access to certain npcs. Then as you gain ability and power you will be able to branch out into the world and level up the nodes you are truly interested in.
  • Options
    Gothix said:
    weasel said:
    so where do i store my stuff?
    /sarcasm on

You attack and kill another player, then loot him, but instead of taking his items and putting them in your bag, you take your items and put in his bag.

When you need those items later on, find that player, kill him again and take your stuff.

/sarcasm off
    I know you intended this as a joke, but there is huge RP potential here :) Imagine hiring a servant to carry your stuff for you :astonished:
  • Options
    They will probably have bank vendors in the node camps. Hopefully. I'm a hoarder.
  • Options
    There is never enough bag/loot space.  The secret is knowing what is essential and using space wisely.  If I remember correctly carry weight will also be a factor.   It doesn't look like hoarding will be an option like in some games.   The more that I learn about Ashes, the more involved the game seems in detail.   Good planning and the ability to think and change plans on the run seem to be essential no matter which road is chosen  in this new world we are delving into.  
  • Options
    There is never enough bag/loot space.  The secret is knowing what is essential and using space wisely.  If I remember correctly carry weight will also be a factor.   It doesn't look like hoarding will be an option like in some games.   The more that I learn about Ashes, the more involved the game seems in detail.   Good planning and the ability to think and change plans on the run seem to be essential no matter which road is chosen  in this new world we are delving into.  
    Yeah I'll probably have mule chars (so I can hoard some) since almost nothing will be character bound.
  • Options
    Anyone who cares to will be welcome to leave their stuff with me :)   

Of course, at that point it becomes my stuff, and lookie see.. both our problems solved!
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    When you arrive in the world, bare handed and wearing only a loin cloth you will have to make an early decision:  Do I wear the loin cloth or do I take it off and use it as a 3 slot container?

Hopefully you will arrive in the late spring or summer season........
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    The best solution is to have a bank alt that holds all your extra stuff that you want to save till you are ready to use.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    You have a backpack ...there is also a mule system in place.
    Details about the mule system are sketchy, but it is akin to the caravan system.
    How/if PvP will effect that I haven't seen yet.

As stated though, I dont think this system is here to promote hoarding. More to send goods to the right people, at the right places, at the right time.

I am hoping for different levels of carry weight depending on trader size. Those node traders need to move vast amount of items and thus need a caravan system. Fighters probably want to be light and fast or mobile. Shop owners have large transfer needs. Local market traders probably need medium goods transfer ability. Individuals only need small goods transfer ability.

Having a multilevel transfer system enables those system to be treated differently.
  • Options
    You have a backpack ...there is also a mule system in place.
    Details about the mule system are sketchy, but it is akin to the caravan system.
    How/if PvP will effect that I haven't seen yet.

As stated though, I dont think this system is here to promote hoarding. More to send goods to the right people, at the right places, at the right time.

I am hoping for different levels of carry weight depending on trader size. Those node traders need to move vast amount of items and thus need a caravan system. Fighters probably want to be light and fast or mobile. Shop owners have large transfer needs. Local market traders probably need medium goods transfer ability. Individuals only need small goods transfer ability.

Having a multilevel transfer system enables those system to be treated differently.
    If i cant hoard my stuff. I wouldnt need a caravan. Case then i can just transport it myself. 
    Also the trader will need a place to store his stuff and not eveybody will have a house. There is only so many houses in and outside the city. And appartments are only aviable if the goverment build the right building.
  • Options
    Yeah I'll probably have mule chars (so I can hoard some) since almost nothing will be character bound.
    Think we all have had mule characters at some point.    :)
    With professions being limited as far as not being able to master them all mule space won't be as essential.  Maybe. lol
  • Options
    I wonder if we can carry more than one type of backpack at a time? 
  • Options
    Would be cool if random taverns can hold items/resources for you in exchange for a fee. Like.. "let me store my herbs here, while I gather more in this area".
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    From what little we know so far use these units for weight. 100,1000,10k. Your character will be able to carry 100, your mule mount 1000, and a caravan 10k. Various upgrades to all 3 will allow you to tweak those amounts a bit, but not all the way up to the next tier. You personally will never be able to carry as much as your mule mount. Unfinished goods will weigh more than processed goods, and final versions of most things will weigh the least. Iron ore converted to iron bars to iron sword. If killed in non consensual pvp you have a chance to drop a percentage of gathered items. Possibly processed (not confirmed) but not final versions of stuff.

So as an endprocess crafter of swords. It might very well be worth it to you to load up your mule and take your favorite smuggling route, avoiding the caravan system, to get those shiny swords to an area that doesn't have access to iron. But if you are a gathering toon, with no access to processing, the caravan may be the best bet for you to move a shitton of ore to said town to bulk sell.

Before everyone goes. "I will have alts. I will make everything myself to final version!" We don't have a confirmed number on character slots yet. But imagine 8, one for each archetype, is probably a safe bet. Fewer than that and people complain, more than that and they end up having to pay GoogleCloud for more storage data.

Since crafting will be broken down into 3 trees, gathering, processing, and final crafting. And there are going to be multiple kinds of all 3 of those. Just because you are a wood gatherer, doesn't mean you will be able to mine ore. Sure, you can spread your points around and jack of all trade it on a character, but you will never be able to get to the high end stuff. Same with processing. Character one may be able to gather ironwood for you, but if you have decided to go with ore smelting on that processing character, you're SOoL And finally the end crafter, who will need various mats from different processors to make final products. Not just iron bars to craft a sword, but other bits and bobs from other process crafts may be required. With the pure number of different crafts and a limited # of points that can be put into each "tree" to master it, trade of all different types of goods and services will be needed.