Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Aesthetics for the more barbaric side.

these are just some pics i combed the internet for as examples of nice looking "barbaric" armor/attire that i personally would enjoy seeing within the game at some point. as the cleric thing they have shown makes my eyes hurt, finely crafted it is...pretty it is not....think it might be because i haaaate purple and gold....can't stand em together..../shiver /gags...

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN NOR HAVE CREATED ANY OF THE WORKS BELOW. THEY BELONG SOLELY TO THE ARTISTS AND CREATORS.

which i suggest going and checking out as while putting this together i found some really bad A, pretty, and sexy stuff. #aBarbsLife4me

Female Barbarian Zerker:

Female Druid/Shaman:

Female Viking themed summoner:

Female Barbarian Tank:

Dark Barbarian Shaman:

Female Barbarian Warrior:

Male Barbarian Shaman/summoner

Male Barbarian Tank:

Male Barbarian Warrior:

Male Barbarian Warrior_2:

Female Barbarian Hunter:

These are just some of my favorites among a long long list of them.  But i am hoping there will be some aesthetics/armor/outfits available in game or cash shop or quests...just anywhere really...where i can achieve something similar on several of my characters. as nothing in majority of these images are really something that can be claimed as copyright except the artwork itself....all the designs within the art is what i'm looking at, they are standard barbaric/viking/celtic aesthetics that are rarely put to good use in games these days, it's usually hey look, you got 1 barbarian themed outfit out of 10000 items....geee thx art team! lol.  

SO PLEASE INTREPID PLEASE....can i haz it? lol, havea great one and hope some of you guys/gals went and explored some of the work these artists did. 

Comments

• Options
    That is indeed some gorgeous work and concepts.
  • Options
    Some great armor, though I did shiver when I first saw the first female one with so much  skin showing in such a cold hostile environment!  It sure was nice though!   brrrrrrrrrr.
  • Options
    I think these will be a cool addition to have for all the Conans and Islanders out there. I wouldn't be surprised if this was a cultural recipie that some might have, but others would need to attain.
  • Options
    @CylverRayne yes, the first one is a berserker, according to historical tales of those warriors i could not post a pic of a more realistic zerker as she would of been nakid with warpaint lol.  they drugged themselves to feel no pain and go basically insane on the battlefield or...berserk if you will, which is where the name comes from. 

so the first one wouldn't of actually felt the cold, but i thought that was about as skimpy as the ashes world would go for such an aesthetic, plus, i mean ain't she strong, powerful and sexy all in a bundle of badassery? haha
  • Options
    Some great armor, though I did shiver when I first saw the first female one with so much  skin showing in such a cold hostile environment!  It sure was nice though!   brrrrrrrrrr.

Yep when I saw that my first thought was, "she'll freeze her butt off out there."
  • Options
    @T-Elf
    Fly amanita is a wonderful thing!
  • Options
    @T-Elf
    Fly amanita is a wonderful thing!

I guess you will be mushroom collecting in game as well. :p
  • Options
    T-Elf said:
    I guess you will be mushroom collecting in game as well. :p
    you know it! lol
  • Options
    @T-Elf
    Fly amanita is a wonderful thing! lol
  • Options
    @CylverRayne yes, the first one is a berserker, according to historical tales of those warriors i could not post a pic of a more realistic zerker as she would of been nakid with warpaint lol.  they drugged themselves to feel no pain and go basically insane on the battlefield or...berserk if you will, which is where the name comes from. 

so the first one wouldn't of actually felt the cold, but i thought that was about as skimpy as the ashes world would go for such an aesthetic, plus, i mean ain't she strong, powerful and sexy all in a bundle of badassery? haha

If only we humans had that kind of real protection from cold man winter!  I shiver when ever I enter an area in a game in the throws of winter!
  • Options
    Tormund would be totally smitten for that female hunter.....So would I now that I think about it. 
  • Options
    MyCharacter/10

nice try Diablo :v 
  • Options
    Just means it's easier to get someone to warm you up! ;)
  • Options
    Once again I am reminded of the warpaint, I just can't imagine such outfits that are not accompanied by some great paint
    https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/32641/war-paint#latest

I totally agree tho, some diversity would be nice at the very least. I'm sure most of us don't appreciate to run around mostly in shiny armor that looks like we are going to a showcase or something.
  • Options
    @Grisu said:
    "I totally agree tho, some diversity would be nice at the very least. I'm sure most of us don't appreciate to run around mostly in shiny armor that looks like we are going to a showcase or something."

yea, i'm just trying to get more than what we usually see in fantasy mmos for "barbaric" style.....it generally goes like this....he look a helmet it horns, hey look, gloves with furn stickin out, oh, boots with fur!, woot leather straps for a chest peice! and then...that encompasses the entirety of all the barb armor in the entire game lol
  • Options
    I'd love to have some more barbaric viking-esque armor. I'd also love to see it in combination with some of the Medieval (Kaelar) sets as Medieval armor looks really good with fur, and more barbaric aspects to it.
  • Options
    @Rhivan I would def agree...100%, plus, fur goes good with my beard /slams empty cask of mead on the table....WENCH!! lol
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited August 2017
    Dare I say it, those barbarian women look HOT COLD and DANGEROUS. My kind of a girl. Absurdly good pictures.

I would love diversity in armors, would be nice to have really epic and cool armors in an mmo for once.
  • Options
    Ranger

• Options
    dats 10/10 @Ferryman

• Options
    dats 10/10 @Ferryman

I have seen before few of those pictures you posted and especially that woman shaman in red robe and horns looks absolutly fantastic. So i was inspired to search more these pictures. Here is a fighter. Looks like a guy who is not escaping from battle. ;)

• Options
    Druid (Cleric/Ranger)

• Options
    @Ferryman Find me a bard one :3 #acceptchallenge ^^
  • Options
    Diura said:
    @Ferryman Find me a bard one :3 #acceptchallenge ^^
    Bard collection:

• Options
    @Ferryman aaaah if that lizard was a frog on the third image xD last bard is best ofc :P
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited August 2017
    @Diura Barbarian bards
  • Options
    @Diura Barbarian bards
    Ooooo that is super cool ^^