Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Combat system , and discussion of PvP system as well as the world traveling. Be free to join.

How does the combat works , would it be nontarget : BDO ,TERA . Or maybe partially non target? Like NeverWinter ? Or it will have a target system like WoW? For my opinion the best combat is when you have to dodge  enemy skills , or block them. For my opinion Black Desert nontaget system was the best one , with dodges and blocks. And your character attack where you aim to  .

BDO combat is very skill based and very accurate in timing spells. The NeverWinter combat is  good too but not as much as black desert,where you press all your skills as combination of keys w+f  s+left mouse+right mouse click w+f shift+f and so on...

NW combat: you can dodge skills but the dodge works as total immune to any damage, in addition you cant use many of your attack spells/skills without a target. I hope the devs wont go to a target combat system and go straight for the nontarget . The game should have about 20-25  active skills for every class otherwise we will have albion online gameplay , it is good for mobile games but not for mmorpg for pc and maybe for consoles in the future.

Another very important topic - Open World PVP.
The Devs say that there should not be griefing and PvP should be limited. However I dont agree with them. Its every player freedom to choose what to do and limiting the player freedom for such limiting rules is a griefing of the player freedom. You are get killed because you are low level? Ask for the world chat to help you , ask your friends to help you, ask your guild to help you and you will get fun to help killing the PK.  It is mmorpg god damn sake , if you want to be untouched go and play offline solo games, be ready for the interaction with people. People can be good , people can be bad thats not a reason to add another PvP system with penalties that is easy to exploit (another char , karmabombers and so on) be ready to ask for help , be ready to get scammed in trade , be ready to get camped on a bridge by bandits , its fun! 

PvP and PvE server are very necessary , once the PvP servers would have all the pvp content and the most important - no penalties open world PvP, while PvE server will enjoy RP duels and arenas and some of the PvP content . No more  "this player is under protection" or any other god shields from nowhere to protect the player . The only player situation when the player cant be killed is when he is offline as well as we he is in safe zone, which should be the player home (not the all town) . But killing in town near a guard will bring you to the situation when both players and the guards will kill you and  you will lose xp and money and maybe something else.  But the guards are also can be killed (  it will be pretty hard to do but possibly).

No teleports , flymounts , only your legs (or your transport) it is way more fun and atmospheric  than the casual teleport system believe me .Maybe some player will cooperate (if there would be mounts for 4-8 players) making their own "taxi"  to locations on the world. You could not escape for monsters or players waiting you on the road, you'll have to fight them!

I has 8 years of mmorpg experience, I played in many guilds a met thousands of players , I know what were the best feature of every single mmorpg and I want to share this experience.
Discuss.  

Comments

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited August 2017
    I realize that the search feature on the forums is broken atm. And while your opinions and insights are welcome, almost every issue you have brought up to "discuss" has been beaten to death on these forums already. They only lead to salt and closed threads.
    How combat works.  (answer is ongoing, will be seen in two weeks at PAX for a snapshot of how development is coming.)
    Open World PVP.   (Multiple threads, developers have committed to the system that is coming, not everyone is going to be happy.)
    Fast travel and Flying (No fast travel or port to group options planned. Scientific Metropolis will have a ZOI fast travel if developed. Flying limited to 5 metropolis mayors, 5 guild castle leaders, and extremely rare, timed expiry egg drops.)

Hope this helps. There is tons of information out there. I recommend the Discord Answers section. The over 20 hours of livestreams and interviews, and the many, many other compilations of official statements.
    https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/10158/quotebin-quotes-of-intrepid-team-from-discord#latest
    http://www.ashesofcreation-the-odyssey.com/2017/07/pvp-flagging-and-corruption-system.html
    http://aocwiki.net/MMOGames_Interview_2017-01-11
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Thank you , but I knew that already. My thread was opened in order to discuss some game features and if they get accepted by many players(PvP and PvE servers for example) , ask Devs to add this to the game. 
    If the Devs think that target combat is fun and skilled in 2017 and are totally wrong. It may be fun only to the players that left WoW and have not played any other mmorpg in past 8 years.
    If they really want to make mmorpg great again they should listen to the players opinion. Of course they can not listen to us but it will slightly reduce the online. 
    Because it is even not in alpha I hope things can be changed.
  • Options
    So if I understand you correctly, you realize these issues have been discussed. You have researched them, realize that the developers have a vision they are working on, but have decided to come on and bring up subjects that are the most contentious. All the while starting on the premise that if you are not listened to and your opinions validated and acted upon you will leave. I find it mind-boggling that level of comprehension from someone that just created their account yesterday, already knew to throw a sig line in, could not be a troll account from someone that was already banned and locked from these forums. Let's find out.
  • Options
    Thats my firsr account and I am not trolling,  what I did can be called concetration of the best features from all the mmorpg for last 18 years.
  • Options
    Eleanc said:

I has 8 years of mmorpg experience, I played in many guilds a met thousands of players , I know what were the best feature of every single mmorpg and I want to share this experience. 
    Discuss. 

Thats my firsr account and I am not trolling,  what I did can be called concetration of the best features from all the mmorpg for last 18 years.
    There is no discussion with people who think and believe that THEY are the only ones who know what's best. 

If you researched then go further and manually search the forums for any past and recent threads on the above subjects and try to add your pennies worth.   Just skim the titles.  They are very obvious as I am sure you already know.  Don't waste our time.

• Options
    edited August 2017
    If you dont want to waste your time dont reply to this thread please . It is so complicated? I offered a bunch of ideas to discuss that , for my my opinion are very good for AoC. And the most important thing , dont be toxic.
  • Options
    Don't be toxic?   hahahaha  Truth hurts doesn't it?
  • Options

Time for a gentle reminder here. Let's not allow the thread to drift into a toxic flame war. @eleanc , what I would recommend is to join into the thread already created to discuss the elements you'd like to put your thoughts into. Having multiple threads discussing same topic typically tends to dilute the concentration of response and review. Just some quick thoughts =)

Thanks ya'll <3

• Options
    @Belewyn I can see that the topic doesnt move anywhere or being discussed.
    People want to leave everything as is .
    I would ask to close it. Thank you.
  • Options
    Okay, will do =)
This discussion has been closed.