Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Features you will never see in Ashes

Of all of the features that Intrepid say they will not implement in Ashes, what do you consider to be the least likely to be implemented.

Comments

• Options
    When a player/guild wants to grief others,  I don't think any game mechanics will be able to stop them. There are just too many ways to work around the corruption system. 

I am not saying this is bad though. If someone is getting PKed on like no tomorrow, he should consider paying the favor back, there are many ways to do it. 
  • Options
  • Options
    A hard to choose poll. Every single one is a mechanic I just don't want to see. Since we have to choose least, I went with char creation, since I don't see how they would go from detailed to lower. Just like entitlement programs, once they are in place they become almost impossible to remove.
  • Options
    I am really hoping for all of those features to not making it in, I honestly can't make a choice on which one I think is least likely. Let's hope for all!
  • Options
     Oooooo tough poll xD 
    For me p2w - if it were to happen it be the death of the game and the end of a good career for Steven :(
  • Options
    Voted for fast travel, that'll shrink the world too much, and doesn't seem to work with the idea of a scientific node enabling that feature. As well as the caravan system. Pay 2 win could always happen, if the game is not popular enough to cover costs/running costs. But there's a lot on the list I never want to see happen. 
  • Options
    AeonAuron said:
    When a player/guild wants to grief others,  I don't think any game mechanics will be able to stop them. There are just too many ways to work around the corruption system. 

I am not saying this is bad though. If someone is getting PKed on like no tomorrow, he should consider paying the favor back, there are many ways to do it. 
    This is something that concerns me greatly
  • Options
    AeonAuron said: I

Games like Ashes have human moderation teams to deal with griefing that is not caught by the game systems.
  • Options
    Pay to win it's the death of any good mmo it makes the game easy for people that don't want to invest time in the game. Investing time in an mmo is key to its success  because the more time you invest in your toon will make it that much harder to let go of. For example  if a player can just purchase 1000 golden by all the nicest gear  he won't appreciate is much as having to grind out the gold or actually go and locate or craft gear the actual going and getting or crafting of the item is what keeps people interested and makes MMO's last much longer giving longevity  to the game because of player interest and desire to always want  bigger and better items and bigger bankrolls. 
  • Options
    Pay to win is the worst possible thing to ever happen to video games
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited August 2017
    I just don't see them shifting to a full loot PvP system like UO. 

In today's world where people feel time is wasted when you have nothing to show for it, games with 100% loot PvP are getting rarer. Most now scale it back as the game ages, giving "green zones" or limiting full loot to only certain zones. Many do this in Alpha based on tester feedback.

Every other option felt like something games add as time goes on.
  • Options
    I dont believe that AoC will become p2w but if it does...
    From the real problems I dont want to see fast traveling. It kills the game , the lore , the realism , the atmosphere . Its also casual and carebear. 
  • Options
    Once a game that starts as a sub and goes P2W or F2P  it looses a good portion of it's players and is a sign that they already have lost many.  
  • Options
    If this game did do this then i'd be very disappointed and leave, so my hope is that it wont happen.
  • Options
    Once a game that starts as a sub and goes P2W or F2P  it looses a good portion of it's players and is a sign that they already have lost many.  
    Intrepid on Pay 2 Win
    https://youtu.be/tqsybteR44Q?t=1408
     <3<3
  • Options
    Did they flat out say no GS?
  • Options
    tugowar said:
    https://youtu.be/D0Wjww5ZJok?t=1400
  • Options
    lexmax said:
    Intrepid on Pay 2 Win
    https://youtu.be/tqsybteR44Q?t=1408
     <3<3
    Love Steven. lol  

Funny I can't help but think that those who do play games that are P2W or F2P end up dishing out more of their hard earned money in the long run.   NO such thing as F2P when they continue buying from the cash shops or having to pay for DLC.  

P2W doesn't show anyone's ability and stamina to win on their own merits.  P2W only proves they have no confidence and can  only beat someone  not by ability  but  how much cash they are  willing give to someone else.

• Options
    Separate PvP and PvE servers is very unlikely to be added to the game but would be great if they did.
  • Options
    full loot pvp
  • Options
    lexmax said:
    tugowar said:
    https://youtu.be/D0Wjww5ZJok?t=1400

Right, that conversation was "optional GS" not "NO GS". 

I'm all for NO GS.

Make someone study a character stats sheet instead one single indicator, like GS.
  • Options
    I am hoping they go with no ability to "see" other peoples stuff/stats at all. Purely visual cues. The "make it optional" is a cop out. You know "hardcore brahs" will make any optional tags mandatory for group play. In a world with magic, shooting an arrow at that lone beggar walking down the road hunched over with his staff, then hearing the arrow hit metal, as he turns around, sets himself on fire, and burns your group to ash will be fun.
  • Options
    I am hoping they go with no ability to "see" other peoples stuff/stats at all. Purely visual cues. The "make it optional" is a cop out. You know "hardcore brahs" will make any optional tags mandatory for group play. In a world with magic, shooting an arrow at that lone beggar walking down the road hunched over with his staff, then hearing the arrow hit metal, as he turns around, sets himself on fire, and burns your group to ash will be fun.
    Stop stealing my character's lore :angry:
  • Options
    I could live with most of those things but P2W is something that will drive me from the game the split second it showed up
  • Options
    I voted PTW because that is the least likely considering what has been said by the developers.  I think a few of them are close to PTW with the statements of IS, like limited character customization, separate PVE and PVP servers, Open flying/General fast travel, PvP griefing and Dungeon/raid finder.  The statements of developers on these topics seem pretty clear.  Full loot PvP may not be completely out depending on how much corruption a player could attain but it is still fairly obvious that this will not be part of the game.  Raid parsers/meters and gear score seem like the only items that have a small chance of being included in the game but I think that is still a small chance as they would need to be included in the UI by IS and there was at least differences of opinion initially on gear score.  All of the items listed seem to be unlikely to show up in AoC.
  • Options
    No p2w. The key to success is difficulty level. Make game hardcore and it will be success
  • Options
    I like to think that the only way this game would go P2W is if Steven was to leave the project.  The devs constantly talk about the 4 pillars, Like to think of the pillars being built on a foundation of NO P2W.
  • Options
    The only way he leaves is if it gets bought out by EA or Zuckerberg wanting a new toy. And in that case they would keep him around until he did something wrong like Palmer Luckey. Don't see that happening until after launch and the game is a raging success. Then it will come down to the quick sell-out or the long term dynasty plan to become the next Blizzard.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited August 2017
    These comments help me to understand just how much we've been affected by MMO's that took a bad turn. Many of us are counting on AoC to be the game that delivers what we felt we were denied -- whether it's good game mechanics, good PvE/PvP content, enviroment quality, etc. Personally, this game is my end-all. A vision like AoC that doesn't end up coming to fruition... (sigh) I'm not teary-eyed about this, but, it would mean the world to me to see that IS doesn't waver in any of the necessary points that would distinguish this MMO from every other. 
  • Options
    Interspecies erotica.