Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Would you like camouflage outfits in Ashes

2»

Comments

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited August 2017
    Simply put, they failed with their pasers, failed with their elitist third party software and now you want camouflage outfits. Whats it going to be next week No corruption week.
    If you are so insecure that you require camouflage outfits I am afraid there is no help for you in real life.

• Options
    Nah, it shouldn't exists because there is no way to balance it. It's ok if rogue is invisible. But if everyone will be, it's spooky for me, hehe. One thing about hiding which would be great is to hide at trees\shadows. In other games everyone sees the nicknames even if the body is hidden, that's stupid and brokes the lots of tactics :smile:
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Black Desert thaught us many things. One is, camouflage suits are annoying.

You wonder why there are no mobs and it takes you a few minutes to realize that some small bush is hopping around the area.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    My opinion to whether there should or shouldn't be camouflage outfits is, no there shouldn't be. The main reason why I say no is because it should be class dependent and not everyone or every class should have it.

I look at ArcheAge's stealth, even though it was broken in some aspects, but I think even then you should be able to spot someone camouflaged if you're looking closely. Maybe allow the class to "make" a gillie suit (hide name tag until tagged by other players), however, it can be seen by others if they know what to look for. Maybe?
  • Options
    Simply put, they failed with their pasers, failed with their elitist third party software and now you want camouflage outfits. Whats it going to be next week No corruption week.
    If you are so insecure that you require camouflage outfits I am afraid there is no help for you in real life.

No corruption week is in full swing, it's ruining the forums and discord lol 

• Options
    My be if it will need in. For example special clouthes set for a scout or something like that. If it will be necessary ti should be. As for me I am realy tired of a lot of nick names are taking more places at the monitor then simples charaters. I am against such things.
  • Options
    Isn't this what stealth is?

• Options
    Ok, major sighing going on. Let's do a little education so you guys are a bit more understandable.

"There" indicates a direction -- "It's over there"
    "Their" indicates possession -- "It's their choice"

And let's not forget our friendly personhood indicator -- "They're"
    They're is a contraction of "they" (more than one person) and "are", thus proper usage is "They're getting their arses kicked over there!"
  • Options
    I think it would be nice with camo outfits that hides your name tag for pvp, but in my opinion the outfit should be a craftable, and not something you purchase from the store for real money (like in black desert online).
  • Options
  • Options
    I am all for allowing tailors to use dye on clothes but there should be no explicit camo gear. This is not Planetside 2 :].
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    In a magical slightly D&D inspired fantasy world would camo even exist if you could use a cloak of invisibility?  :|
  • Options
    Honestly, nametags should not be on by default, I'd prefer to recognise people by the looks of their character (Or not, when they wear helmets and masks) I know this isn't popular. But that's why it's a poll :3
  • Options
    Nametags are probably going to be an all the time thing. Need to be able to correctly identify people when FRAPS/streaming to report bots and exploiters. You can probably turn them off for your vision, but everyone who wants to is going to be able to see yours unless you are using a stealth mechanic from the rogue or enchantment/flavor from rogue sub-classing.
  • Options
    Just no.  Unless, you get them from an air drop along with an M249....never mind, that's a different game.
  • Options
    @SlimyBikini

I see what you did there. I'd just like to point out, camouflage doesn't always mean a Ghilliesuit. Camouflage makes you blend into your environment. For example, you can put dirt on your face, and put on rags, and blend in as a beggar. 

I'm just saying, it takes many forms :)
  • Options
    Hell no, the only reason I play these games is to get AWAY from camo. 
  • Options
  • Options
    Ariatras said:
    @SlimyBikini

I see what you did there. I'd just like to point out, camouflage doesn't always mean a Ghilliesuit. Camouflage makes you blend into your environment. For example, you can put dirt on your face, and put on rags, and blend in as a beggar. 

I'm just saying, it takes many forms :)
    I like this example. :)

Also someone said something about identifying bots.. 

I would make name of your target show when you mouse over them, but otherwise not show as default mechanics. This would be a lot more immersive, and you would still be able to identify everyone once you notice them.
  • Options
    Gothix said:
    I like this example. :)

Also someone said something about identifying bots.. 

I would make name of your target show when you mouse over them, but otherwise not show as default mechanics. This would be a lot more immersive, and you would still be able to identify everyone once you notice them.
    But it looks like that is how the game is currently working. Why not keep that as default?