Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

To Fly ... or Not to Fly? Who gets a Dragon.

13»

Comments

• Options
    Lol,do it and you aren't going to keep your dragon very long. A guild organized enough to own a castle, or becoming mayor/king of a metropolis is going to take very active play. Trying to keep it even worse. Running MMO guilds is like herding cats at the best of times, and pandering for votes in a scientific node is going to be full time gig. Religious node you have to have more piety through service questing than anyone else, so no afking. Economic, guess it could work if you have billions when everyone else has millions. Military node, drop off the leaderboard and poof goes your dragon.
  • Options
    I'd like to fly once. Full time job with three kids and a wife I'm never going to be elite. Give me a mountain I can move half hour at a time and let me have ten minutes of flight after a year. Maybe you can breed a flying beast, not necessarily a dragon, that takes daily effort to train and after a certain age it goes Charizard and won't listen at all and flies away. 

Something to give casuals hope. 
  • Options
    Basically you just described the rare egg drop mechanic. Since nothing is bop/boe they will eventually be for sale. Take your half hour, save your shinies, and one day you can buy one. The eggs have a growth mechanic, so there is your daily effort, and they age and die fairly quickly. So everyone has a chance, you just have to make it your savings goal, or have a friend willing to give you one.
  • Options
    I think it should stay super rare. The feeling that person would get from obtaining a ultra rare flying mount would be euphoric. Making them anymore common would take away from the magic of the mount. 
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited September 2017
    Like i have said before, i dont want to see flying mounts in open world so PvP or PvE encounters and conflicts can be avoided. But i would like to see flying mounts in game, but maybe used for own content (sky explorarion for example) like ships for the sea. But what i dont like is that planned elitist idea where leaders might have this priviledge to fly with mounts. Totally turn down idea imo. 
  • Options
    Free flying in my opinion is way to scary for balancing the environment. No matter how rare they are, the people who have flying mounts just bypass all mobs and content just to swing straight from quest to quest/mining node to mining node and the feel of the game world and mob difficulty of an area has no meaning anymore. It means you have to balance accessibility of another whole dimension, and i don't have faith (don't know if it would be even possible) in them to pull the balance off. I'd rather have that time invested in developing and balancing the ground areas really nice.
  • Options
    OK here is the problem as much as I like the idea here is why IMO think it is the way it is sorry for any one that dident play vanilla wow as its my best example. OK pre flying mounts you basically had the flight paths and that was it. now in a game like ashes having said flight paths takes away from the need of the caravan system as you just have your whole guild hit max weight and each and hop a ride from one city to the next. effectively screwing up the risk vs reward the caravan system is suppose to present. Now i figure some will mention the ships on the sea but I believe we are getting combat with that, still risk and reward. The only way to bring dragons in to that is to then add Air combat. This is pretty much how I see that going down vs your caravan...

Do i want flying mount? Yes! Do I think it takes away from the game enough that I'm willing to have them basically not be in the game... ya sure

• Options
    BearCare said:
    I do think it should be rare, but not just for Kings and Queens because not everyone would have an equal chance to be one so I think it should be more random than that.
    That's ok. I don't think everyone should have an equal chance at everything... that's what got us into this whole MMO mess we're currently in :)
  • Options
    Opiee said:

Will they be restricted from flying while flagged red?
    Lol, this is getting better and better.

Why don't we just perma ban every player that kills anyone green?
    Would that work for you?
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited September 2017
    I would like to have flying option in game but there is a lot of problems with it also:

1.It need an open world for it to make sense. If AoC will end up to have map design line Neverwinter then it will just not work.

2. It will take a lot of development time for new animation and mounts.

3. It will give a option to skip a content players should not skip, abuse/glitch boss fights.

I'm up for flying as long as it is part of core design and we have big open world like in Lineage2 .