Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Offline vending

ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
edited August 2017 in Ashes of Creation Design
@aeunexcore writes:

I know this is too early to ask but how are we supposed to sell stuff to other people? Are we supposed to be able to setup stalls in game with our characters in town to sell things? If so, do you think it's possible to get disconnected from the game while your character continues vending in town? This might result in influx of vendor accounts and might over populate the game but i'd like to know what the devs and the community think about this.

Comments

• Options
    I think yes.
  • Options
    We assign an NPC?
  • Options
    I think they are putting a system in place to either hire NPCs or have some mechanic so you can continue playing the game, or going offline and not afraid that you missed a potential buyer. Plus, it sounds fun running your own little shop, but after about 15 minutes of no one stopping by you get bored. Just ask anyone in retail or hospitality.
  • Options
    Nice, I did not know about this. Thanks for sharing.
  • Options
    I guess we'll have to see how they're gonna make this work.
  • Options
    We assign an NPC?
    Yes, this was confirmed by the devs. @Dirua's awesome summary tells all.
  • Options
    I guess we'll have to see how they're gonna make this work.
    True.
  • Options
    lexmax said:
    We assign an NPC?
    Yes, this was confirmed by the devs. @Dirua's awesome summary tells all.
    I tried to like your comment. Won't let me. Ah well.
  • Options
    The hiring an NPC is a cool idea. As long as it's not player shops where you just sit in what ever spot. That makes for a bad idea all around. From the game it's steady INACTIVE users. Slowing down game due to loading. People are wasting their own electricity leaving their computer on just to sit there.
  • Options
    in ragnarok online you have player shops. you open a window. select items, set price. name ur store. find a corner onthe sidewalk, and open shop. lineage 2 did this aswell.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    SWG had player housing where you could place npc vendors.  You could load them up with whatever item you wanted to sell, and the vendors/items were searchable from any auction kiosk. 
  • Options
    Since there won't be a searchable, global auction house there is going to be a selection of hireable npcs. (guards have been mentioned a couple times) The KS video even has some examples of in town stalls that will be rentable/biddable for hire. The economic metropolis will allow a ZOI searchable function, but others won't. There is sure to be a system in place where you will be able to change signage or hire barkers to advertise your wares. If you turn out to be the go to guy for steel weapons in that area, word will spread. The fun part will be being the 2nd guy who can make steel weapons, and the steps you have to take to get his customer base. Only so many points you can put into crafting, the more specialized you become, the more dependent you will be on others for support materials. We will have to wait and see how strict it is. You may be the top armorsmith in an area, but if you can't smelt the top tier metal into ingots/bars yourself it will be interesting. Alts, alts, and more alts.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    While I like the idea of hiring an NPC so I can be off and about, doing other things, I also really want to be able to walk around the town on my crafting character(s) and hawk my wares, interact with the community, make deals, so on and so forth. I kinda do hope that they'll work something in where, that same stall our NPCs are at? We can also be in there, making deals, trading, so on and so forth.

I don't consider that time as "lost" time, as it lets you (the crafter/marketer) know, more surely, the pulse of your community, what they're looking for, what they have to offer.

Edit: Hey, you most wonderful person, @Sarumonin -- why we gots no buttons again? I wanna click buttons on posts, and can't! Thanks for your help, as always :smiley:
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    I wish there will be an option where you can setup your store in your character if you want to advertise it in town while looking at other people's stores and an option where you can leave it in the care of a NPC to vend if you are ready to go grind or go to sleep.

Mu Online have this system where you can set a personal store and carry it with you and you can also do an offtrade where your character stays online in certain maps by typing a command while your game shuts down.  In that sense, your character will stay online vending in the town.
  • Options
    I wish there will be an option where you can setup your store in your character if you want to advertise it in town while looking at other people's stores and an option where you can leave it in the care of a NPC to vend if you are ready to go grind or go to sleep.

Mu Online have this system where you can set a personal store and carry it with you and you can also do an offtrade where your character stays online in certain maps by typing a command while your game shuts down.  In that sense, your character will stay online vending in the town.
    I like that concept