Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Concept art and other pre-alpha previews from today's livestream

2»

Comments

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited August 2017
    Isende said:
    lexmax said:
    Ranger Bow modeled by Jon Arellano and concepted by Jeff Delierre
    <snip>
    While I can appreciate the artistry in these, I'd love to see some more simple designs at the higher levels. Not all of us want big, flashy stuff, ya know? And by simple, I don't mean basic -- I'm thinking along the lines of simple elegance. 

Dang it. Now I need to go look up some bow designs to show what I'm talkin' about.

Complete agreement here. All this recent gear appears to lack any sense of elegance, grace, simplicity, and functionality. Even the wagon irritates me, stacking stuff that high in the real world, well don't try turning at any speed, or traversing uneven ground. 
  • Options
    Belewyn said:

PlagueMonk
    I can't help but think of this when I see the bow. Bulky yes but still practical. Agreed?
    Bulky, yes....Practical, yes......BUT once you remove the arrows it's actually fairly streamlined visually. There isn't a single piece on the front end of that Ranger bow that serves a practical purpose. It's all frivolous fantasy embellishment.

What's worse is, it looks like the Ranger bow is one of the more tame "tame" ones. Some of the others look like masterpieces is needless complexity. They are so jam packed with crap they barely look like bows anymore.
  • Options
    omg i love them all :heart::flushed:
  • Options
    Interesting spam.