Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Dungeon Length

2»

Comments

• Options
    @Chudyie So many possibilites.. 3 million dollars.. ain't it possible? Work with us, I.S!

The actual quoted funds set aside for the budget before the KS even happened was 30 million. So it isn't really about the scratch, it is about the time to hit their development milestone timeline they have laid out and are self-monitoring for progress. From the last livestream it looks like they are hitting those goals or are slightly ahead of the curve. As long as there are no snags we should see things move apace quite nicely.
  • Options
    Now if only they could fix the audio glitches >:)
  • Options
    I want a 2 boss "mini" available that is usually about thirty minutes. I want a 5 boss that takes about an hour. I also want a 20 boss three weekend consuming dungeon. 

And just to be greedy I want all three in the 8 man small groups and the massive raids. 
  • Options
    How long is a long time and how short is a short time?  For me 15 mins to 60 mins seems about right including prep etc, any longer than that and most people that have family, work or any non gaming extra curricular activity in their lives, will not have time to partake. 
  • Options
    If i had to choose one or the other I would have to pick longer. They should challenge players to work together and use extreme organizational skills in order to achieve the benefits/rewards. If possible I definitely support the standard dungeons(small) and raids(large/long) system allowing for both play style to be implimented.
  • Options
    Problem is, if you make dungeons quick and easy to get to and what not. It'll just become a grindfest of sorts. It'll be a lot more epic, if it's something you've been working towards. But that's just my opinion, of course :)
  • Options
    From Intrepid_Answers on Discord:
    How large will dungeons be?  Multiple rooms and access points?  Access from the underrealm?

+A)Our intent is that it’s going to be “massive”.
    +B)Big focus on big things.
    +C)We want places where people with 30 minutes can participate as well
        i)Larger commitments and smaller commitments
    +D)“Massive caverns” and “massive dungeons”
        i)Dungeons in open world that players can contend with
    -Will dungeons be subject to same rules as open world pvp?

+A)There will be open world dungeons that will be focused for drop tables and items

+B)Flagging system presents potential for two parties to have open conflict.
    -How are you going to make the PvE experience so that raid and dungeon bosses be done with mechanics in place without zergs ignoring them.

+A)There are specific mechanics that the players need to learn and react to, skill and knowledge, to complete the boss, preventing them being zerged through
    +B)Bring as large of a zerg as you want, if they do not know mechanics they will be wiped
    +C)Want players to learn raid composition, skills of bosses, mechanics etc.
    <span>+D)Zerging is not experiencing content</span>
  • Options
    i voted long but...there should be all kinds, short n sweet to hour + long adventures....eq2 had some dungeons you could get in a group with guildies and just grind and boss farm all day in cause they were so big.  wtb nek castle or solsek pst. 
  • Options
    i voted long but...there should be all kinds, short n sweet to hour + long adventures....eq2 had some dungeons you could get in a group with guildies and just grind and boss farm all day in cause they were so big.  wtb nek castle or solsek pst. 
    Does this not cheapen dungeons? Make them boring? If you just grind/farm them? You can do that with regular mobs, for furthering your node. (Hello, Ranger, we need your help. Our stockpiles of leather are running low, I cannot pay you for the hides, but I can make equipment out of it. ) And suddenly, you have a "grind/farm" that you can do for gear. And then, when you feel adventurous, you can go into a dungeon and still feel the awe of it. As you won't enter them as often. I mean, look at Ulduar in WoW. It was a gorgeous raid, heavy on lore. But it got boring so quick, because it was just a place to farm. And that's a raid. The dungeons were even worse. Halls of Lightning for example, would have been an amazing dungeon. But because you farm them, they get tedious.
  • Options
    Dungeons won't be places to farm, or if they are, will only be for a couple months tops. People need to get away from the WOW themepark mindset where the world is static and content never changes, disappears, or adapts once introduced. You may occasionally get lucky and an instanced dungeon will appear in your ZOI and you can round up 7 other competent people to run it enough you get sick of it. But in most cases you are going to have to travel for content to areas not controlled by you with all the inherent dangers that  entails. No fast travel/summon stone mechanic is a game changer for those who ride the weekly dungeon train to boredom.
  • Options
    I'd like to see both, would be nice to have a short option if you can only play for a short while. and would be nice to hanve long ones as long as they don't become tedious and boring. 
  • Options
    @Azurl scroll up 4 posts. I cut and paste developers answers to exactly this issue.
  • Options
    I was thinking alongside Systemerror. I found classical WoWs dungeon like the blackrock spire and Uldum(i think it was uldum) absolutely fascinating. Clearing it all in one run took ages, but you could go different paths to skip some, go to different things you wanted to do. Some things simply were put "out of the way" so you had to take a detour into a dead end to clear that goal.
    I think in general this idea of a themed dungeon extremely enticing. It's not just that it was a damned large dungeon, it was coherent to the idea of a king under the mountain and his kingdom.
    From the prison warden, to an arena to throw in prisoners, weapon master, to a freaking tavern, you had everything related to this overreaching idea.
    It wasn't just a random gathering of evil beings thrown into one area. When you went in there you actually felt as if you were chipping away at this kings kingdom until you eventually faced the king himself.
  • Options
    Grisu said:
    I was thinking alongside Systemerror. I found classical WoWs dungeon like the blackrock spire and Uldum(i think it was uldum) absolutely fascinating. Clearing it all in one run took ages, but you could go different paths to skip some, go to different things you wanted to do. Some things simply were put "out of the way" so you had to take a detour into a dead end to clear that goal.
    I think in general this idea of a themed dungeon extremely enticing. It's not just that it was a damned large dungeon, it was coherent to the idea of a king under the mountain and his kingdom.
    From the prison warden, to an arena to throw in prisoners, weapon master, to a freaking tavern, you had everything related to this overreaching idea.
    It wasn't just a random gathering of evil beings thrown into one area. When you went in there you actually felt as if you were chipping away at this kings kingdom until you eventually faced the king himself.
    Dang it, I just got off my sub and you got me wanting to reroll for the 200th time. 
  • Options
    Lenght does not really matter as long as they feel well made and have a connection to some form of context, like story. For me a short one boss dungeon can be cool if there is some form of dicculity in getting in or maybe the fight in it self is very hard. But, I personaly like long epic dungeons that have some form of connection to the story. I also love when dungeons have different achivements to them which make them harder or there are different ways to increase difficulty.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited September 2017
    2 hours per dungeon like wow vanilla, it was hard but damm it was awesome. MAKING a party...... WALKING to the dungeon........ SUMMONING them all...... DYING 5 times in the trash...... etc all that waiting, all that difficulty, all that time was.... magnificent. so many things to do meanwhile. open pvp included.

my greatest memories from wow are those zul farrak, sunken temple, monestery runs. jesus christ I miss that.

ps: all those caps lock words are looked down upon in wow now. ye...
  • Options
    Just think, you get all that, but with riding, and no summoning stone.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    When you have kids.... sometimes 5 minutes is too long! :D

Honestly, make them different legnths, with a few realllllly long ones for those insane people who like to investigate the bowels of the earth.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    mazh said:
    2 hours per dungeon like wow vanilla, it was hard but damm it was awesome. MAKING a party...... WALKING to the dungeon........ SUMMONING them all...... DYING 5 times in the trash...... etc all that waiting, all that difficulty, all that time was.... magnificent. so many things to do meanwhile. open pvp included.

my greatest memories from wow are those zul farrak, sunken temple, monestery runs. jesus christ I miss that.

ps: all those caps lock words are looked down upon in wow now. ye...
    I resonate with mazhs post. I feel like dungeons should be a huge effort for the people involved because they are different from a small quest. I don't want to go into a dungeon, complete it in no time, and then do it all over again because there's a piece of gear I want. I feel like dungeons should be an investment. I want to form a team that I can talk with, form strategies, wipe, and overcome the obstacles that are in the dungeon to get that phat loot. Also even if I don't get any loot, which would be frustrating,  I still know it went to someone that went through the whole ordeal with me. These are the places that forge new connections with others in the game. That being said I do understand that some people just don't have time for a long dungeon. Maybe split the dungeon into different wings?