Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

If you were IS what would you call the world

I would call it Ambrosia
Ambrosia is very closely related to the gods' other form of sustenance, nectar.

Give a name and a description.

Comments

• ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited August 2017
    Dicktopia or Penisville. Jeffrey in livestream answer to will there be player-named cities or nodes. "No, we decided against that mechanic because ultimately we figured it would be flooded with Dicktopia and Penisville." (Paraphased)
    Found the quote:

Steven-04/02/2017

@GlennAd when we discuss this in our design meetings, we end inevitably with penisville, or dicktopia. So we are tending to stay away from player named nodes.
  • Arda =P
  • Belewyn said:
    Arda =P
    No description? :(

• Praeteritus.

according to google translate it means "past, last, passed over, former, left out, forgotten" in latin, and I think that aptly describes the world of AoC as it's meant to be a world of myths and legend, long since forgotten that we are just returning too. (Latin as flavour since teh world like the language, is ancient and something our ancestors used.)
  • Ambria - The world, an egg of amber, in which is contained all that was, that is, that shall ever be.

For cyclic epochs untold, the tale unfolds - a seed, sprouted, a life, begun, a world, created, and all the epics of all the befores of befores rest, in ashes, at our feet.

By this flickering light, the campfire, symbol of our souls, the pattern, long forgotten, is repeating. Rest, listen, be warmed and made content by the certainty that all paths have led to this place, and all futures will arise from it.

Emberkeepers, all; we sing and dance and play as the sparks fly, as the energy of our being rises, as the efforts of our existence turn fuel to flame... always to catch fire, always to rise, always to engulf the world with the fury and ferocity that is life... always, we burn - incense of the gods, our being, phantosmia of hope.

Ambria, the egg from which all life proceeds and through which all life succeeds.

(Or not, I'm just riffing on a theme.)  
  • Belewyn said:
    Arda =P
    No description? :(

Arda (Quenya for "realm") is the name given to the world of J.R.R. Tolkien's legendarium. It was created by the music of the Ainur. and given to them to cultivate.

Within Arda lay both Aman (Valinor, until it was removed from the world at the end of the Second Age) and Middle-earth, as well as Tol Erresëa and many other minor lands.

• Worldy McWorldface

Because that's what we'd probably vote for...

It can join all the other greats such as: Boaty Mcboatface, Horsey McHorseface, Planey McPlaneFace and Trainy McTrainface.
    edited August 2017
    Goat Cheese Wheel. 
    Image result for goat cheese wheel
    Because it is an infinite, always present resource! It can feed the world!
  • Belewuld
  • I would call it Ambrosia
    Ambrosia is very closely related to the gods' other form of sustenance, nectar.

Give a name and a description.

I would want to eat the world :o
  • the obvious choice is Baconaria, and no idea, i'd have to know more about the lore within the game before such a decision could be made or formulated.
  • the obvious choice is Baconaria
    Oh yes! I vote for This! (Crispy type, ideally)...
  • Planet Coruptscant in Ursa Careo star system.
    edited October 2017
    Ashernia
  • Tulverra XD
  • Verra :)
  • Planet Earth.

Description: Keep it simple.
  • Popopirat
  • Neverland  :D
  • Kepler-186f
  • Frogstar World B
  • Ashenia
  • HappyLand :)
  • nehekhara
  • Verra

Description: It translates to "It will come".
  • Lysander said:
    Verra

Description: It translates to "It will co me".
    I'm not sure if you are joking or not
  • nagash said:
    Lysander said:
    Verra

Lol yea I thought that it was an obvious stupid joke but I guess not. Apologies for the confusion
  • Lysander said:
    nagash said:
    Lysander said:
    Verra

Lol yea I thought that it was an obvious stupid joke but I guess not. Apologies for the confusion
    Ah but you misunderstand I was joking about your joke this whole time  :p
  • nagash said:
    Lysander said:
    nagash said:
    Lysander said:
    Verra

Ah but you misunderstand I was joking about your joke this whole time  :p
    Image result for gif surprised