Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Of the Primary class builds released for PAX, which do you like best? And why?

Comments

• Mage has good spells to escape and book is awesome :smile:

• Tank because there is no Necromancer.

• Zadja-05/12/2017

Yes, Steven has confirmed Necromancer is a viable combination

[KJ] ???? Nivhawk-04/29/2017

Summoner is considered an Archetype, what is typically referred to as "class". The belief is the necromancer Steven was responding to in that pic probably means a combination of a primary and secondary archetype

Zadja-04/29/2017

Also, when Steven confirmed necromancers, are we presuming its a class combo(Primary with Secondary), or that there's a race whose aesthetic for summoning is necromancer style stuff

Ashana-04/28/2017

@sibercat Steven confirmed Necromancer

• That Tank wall nearly got me... I mean, I could already see myself blocking passages with it *cough* 
    And the face of the mage... Oh man...
    Anyway, Ranger is my favorite xD
  • My vote is based simply on the description of the abilities.
  • Out of the four choices I've played a tank more, but the skills for the cleric stick out to me as very interesting. Has me considering it as a major possibility for my main class now. 
  • I just want to feel needed.  So I voted Cleric :)
  • Leynor said:
    I just want to feel needed.  So I voted Cleric :)
    I need you.
  • As much as I love the tank, I really like how the Cleric is much more active!  In many ways, I was going crazy with the "just stand there and wave your hands around healing" version of healers, constantly pushing healing buttons instead of being head-long in to the battle!
  • Mage is the best as I like to do masses of damage at once. Assuming its a classic mage Hits hard but is weak as a pay off.
  • Tank. Since for once, tanks focus more on utlility than survivablilty which is something I like. They also seem to have a lot of control abilites which I love.
  • Gotta say, the mage looks classic - but classic is good. If I can't leap from person to person tearing shit up with a huge-ass 2H sword, I'll happily take blinking around and nuking folks with fireballs instead.
  • I'm not much for rushing into a group of enemies. I prefer to pick them off one at a time from a safe distance. I also like having a head start on running away when some boss starts smashing out its AoE's.

[spoiler]Hopefully they don't go the route of BDO and turn high-level rangers into a melee fighter and cause me to cry[/spoiler]
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited September 2017
    Tank.  Cleric.   NO, Mage.  umm cleric....mmm mage.  
    Screw it, Ranger.
  • Difficult decision between the Mage and Ranger... but I chose Mage because I love magic. :)
  • Mage... because illusion ability  :)

(I like the tank too)

• I chose tank, because i guess it would be one option to play with. Tank also looks good even i liked the clerics outfit most. However i wait those other four classes more than these. ;)
  • Mage so far, though tbh I don't really like much about the classes so far. =c I don't want to sound mean but the abilities are not really interesting and in some cases stupid.

The ranger in particular getting a buff from putting arrows in the ground? Why not instead have them appeal to some hunting god and shoot a series of constellation targets for a specific buff of their choosing or something.

If you need it to be a buff on the ground the god can like create a wind towards your target and as long as you are firing downwind you get that buff. 

Arrows in the ground is lame, having to watch a bar on the bottom of your screen makes it hard to keep track of stuff you are doing, and some of the abilities seems all over the place to me.
  • How were the four selected?
  • Althor said:
    How were the four selected?
    Well they needed tank, healer and few dps to start testing game mechanics, so i guess that explains partly the selected onces. Also i think bard and summoner are still under construction. But they selected two ranged dps.. thats why i wonder why they did not choose one melee, fighter or rogue over ranger or mage.. *thinking*
  • Ferryman said:
    Althor said:
    Well they needed tank, healer and few dps to start testing game mechanics, so i guess that explains partly the selected onces. Also i think bard and summoner are still under construction. But they selected two ranged dps.. thats why i wonder why they did not choose one melee, fighter or rogue over ranger or mage.. *thinking*
    I would have loved to see rogue just to see how the stealth mechanism will work in AoC
  • Ranger of course............    Oh please let them be good  *places hands together in prayer*
  • Althor said:
    Ferryman said:
    Althor said:
    I would have loved to see rogue just to see how the stealth mechanism will work in AoC
    Well me too, because i am interested to try out rogue, not only as a main character, but also as secondary class. So even i would play something else as main, i am very courious to mix my abilities with rogue style augments. ;)

Devs have said that the stealth wont be permanent, but i am not sure about the duration and maybe devs are either at this point. In one video the rogue runs in stealth mode quite long, but it was just early aplha footage. :)
  • Tank because there is no Necromancer.
    Summomer + Rogue maybe? I am in.
  • Cleric because it looked like the most well thought-out of the four and a cleric class than can be very involved in fights.
  • Tank for sure, the mechanics look fun, and make the tank class not seem boring
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited September 2017
    It was hard to pick between Cleric and Tank but in the end I chose Cleric. I like the lifegain/drain feeling of it and the ability to fight up on the front lines with my allies (I like the almost necromantic feeling of it) 

Plus the Tank lost points for it's one handed sword being called a longsword :P 
  • I chose the Ranger as it would be my bias out of the four for playstyle.  The Tank is a close second and I will probably have one of those eventually.  Actually from the looks of it, I will probably have one of each eventually.
  • Cleric, because I love the way that the class wilds it's weapon. I hope that they have a warhammer skin or actual item that can be equipped as a weapon. Not to hot on the color scheme thougj, but that is a cosmetic issue that can hopefully be changed by the player with dyes.
  • I like the look of everything on tap here, mage has some nice abilities but I don't want a character with stubbie fingers :)

Tank is my choice, I'm gonna build a wall and make MMOs great again! When I first heard Steven mention Tanks could put up a wall as a barrier I envisioned the Tank slamming his shield into the ground, rupturing the earth beneath him, forcing an earthy sharded wall to form. Alas they have gone with a magical wall and ruptured my dreams. Nevertheless, the Tank looks to have some very useful mechanics to control the battlefield as well as be a pain in the butt when faced in pvp, you will look at me from the flat of your back!