Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Gathering/mining energy

Do we know if there is going to be an energy/stamina system for gathering/mining or can one potentially keep going forever. 

Comments

• Options
    Not in the sense like Archage labor or BDO energy. @UnknownSystemError or  @lexmax hit the quote here if you could, I am on my mobile and its hard to search ;)
  • Options
    Ah ok, I've played a lot of BDO and depleting your energy was always a downer when your in gather grind mode hah.
  • Options
    An energy/stamina system for resource gathering hasn't been discussed to my knowledge. 

• Options
    I do know Steve specifically stated in a stream there would be a system in place but not akin to AA Labour or BDO energy.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited September 2017
    This what you were looking for @Belewyn?

• Options
    For crafting and processing i can see some kind of energy systems implemented or other methods to prevent centralized progression where all resources are pumbed to few specific characters by whole guild. Recipes and artisan quests would help for this for sure.

But what it comes to gathering i dont think it should be punished much if you are willing to work hard. I see its the nodes responsibilty to take care there is not too much resources available to skyrocket with gathering progression or overflood the markets with gathered resources.
  • Options
    Ok, yea I can see why there would need to be some kind of limit on the crafting. Cool thanks for the responses.
  • Options
    I imagine, that the difficulty in obtaining all the resources by yourself is how they might throttle development.  For example, if you are a weaponsmith and you need iron, steel, bronze, obsidian, and so on...not all the resources for those items you're crafting are going to be near each other or in the same region.  Although, it would depend entirely on how they do travelling mechanics in game.  If  you have to spend 20-30 minutes just to travel to another region to get iron  and it has all been mined up, then you have to wait another 10+ minutes.  So, you'd be spending quite a bit of time just travelling to gather  everything yourself. 
  • Options
    Yep, resource spawns are going to be region specific and once mined out will move to a different region. One of their pillars is the movement of those resources from high volume areas to low via the caravan system.