Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Will there be a Zombiepocalypse in the game?

2»

Comments

• Options
    sunfrog said:
    Like the Black Plague comes to the game and turns everyone into zombies unless we stop it? 
    Ever play WoW during the pre-WOTLK event? My god it was glorious. You could become infected, become a zombie, then go off and infect other players, even towns. So fun.
  • Options
    Could be an item similar to the Wand of Many Things that gives other players the appearance of zombies... or plague monks.  :p
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited September 2017
    That. Would. Be. AWESOME!!

Edit:
    Like an event that has no lasting effects, but an awesome/fun story arc that would give out some sweet looking skins or swag! Love it!
  • Options
    I would hope that there we could join the dark side of things, like we could be dark shamans, or necromancers, doing bad stuff, maybe with the corruption mechanic it would help on that kind of stuff. If I could go to a graveyard at mid night, starting doing some dark rituals, trying to summon the dead, maybe I could acquire some necromancer spells and could invoke the dead to join my army, maybe I could raid some villages and cities with my dead minions. Hm now thinking about it, the game will include vampires and werewolfs? That would be awesome. Some ideas im throwing here though xD

This btw reinforces the need to explore and to learn new spells/skills by exploration aswell, since we are on a forgotten world, untouched by civilization for thousands of years, we could get old knowledge, some artifacts from our ancestors, that left the world, that could pass some power to us, explorers to use for crafting, daily business and for combat and stuff like that...
  • Options
    Evil stuff is what destroyed the world in the first place. See, this  is why we can't have nice things. People always gotta be evil.
  • Options
    Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't a zombie infection one of the first examples of an event that might happen to a node?
  • Options
    Think it was waves of undead attacking a node as an example of npc based node events. The mechanic of players being able to infect others with some form of plague is something different.
  • Options
    Corruption is what destroyed the world; not evil.

Dark and evil aren't the same thing as Corrupted - a character could be each of those things separately.
    Necromancer will be a class. It's unlikely to be an evil class and may not even be considered a "dark" class depending on the race/culture. That's really more up to the individual player to decide.

• Options
    edited September 2017
    Dygz said:

Dark and evil aren't the same thing as Corrupted - a character could be each of those things separately.
    Necromancer will be a class. It's unlikely to be an evil class and may not even be considered a "dark" class depending on the race/culture. That's really more up to the individual player to decide.

• Options
    That would be a fun Halloween event, seeing NPC sieges made up entirely of undead. Maybe for extra flair add in a unique seasonal raid boss, like a necromancer lord that players can group up to fight for some swag.
  • Options
    Dygz said:

I don't understand. Dark means you're evil but haven't done anything bad yet. Evil means you're corrupted and have done bad things. Corrupted means you are dark, or evil, or both.
  • Options
    edited September 2017

@sunfrog , I am unclear where you are getting your definitions and logic.  From what you state, the Dark Knight, Batman is not dark, he's flat out evil because he's done bad things... albeit to bad people...

Not trolling, just saying that I agree with @Dygz: dark does not inherently mean evil, what is white or "light" (as opposed to dark) is not by definition good (prime example - Lucifer's name means light bearer and yet the name Lucifer today is associated directly with evil).

Unless there is something posted or released by Intrepid that states otherwise that I am unaware of, your perspective isn't necessarily wrong, but its subjective.

Sorry if I opened a can of worms or am splitting hairs over semantics.

• Options
    Batman hasn't done bad things. Bad guys get beat up all the time. That's what they get. You can't count the Superman vs Batman movie where he kills people because that movie was horrible. 
  • Options
    A Necromancer event would be fuckin' sick. Some group of rogue Necromancers start raising the dead, trying to disrupt the Kingdoms of Verra. Players must go around and kill each specific Necromancer to stop it. Of course, you can kill one or two risen dead but they would just keep coming.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    sunfrog said:
    Dygz said:

I don't understand. Dark means you're evil but haven't done anything bad yet. Evil means you're corrupted and have done bad things. Corrupted means you are dark, or evil, or both.
    @sunfrog Dark does not mean evil. Dark is the absence of light.
    But on a serious note, 'Dark' usually refers to unnormal, strange or things considered creepy and things one does not understand/unknown. ("Hence the "Shed some Light on it" phrase)
    Evil is a moral question that varries from person to person while Corruption is the forceful change of something into something else, or in Verra's case, some mystical force (that most likely changes things by force)

@Vortigern Hmm..
    would totally not join such an even as a Necromancer, not at all
  • Options
    Vortigern said:
    A Necromancer event would be fuckin' sick. Some group of rogue Necromancers start raising the dead, trying to disrupt the Kingdoms of Verra. Players must go around and kill each specific Necromancer to stop it. Of course, you can kill one or two risen dead but they would just keep coming.
    why have a group when you can have me  >:)
  • Options
    @nagash
    because you will fail  ;) I am the better Necromancer here!
  • Options
    Ziltch said:
    @nagash
    because you will fail  ;) I am the better Necromancer here!
    Oh really now flesh born. There will be no escape, no blessed oblivion. I can end your life as easily as I can extinguish a candle, and before your corpse is cold, I can reach out and grasp your soul. You will be my slave for all eternity, and I shall laugh at the depths of your pain. Such is the power of Nagash now come at me with everything you have!
  • Options
    This topic turned into some deep philosophical discussion. But yeah, if such an event took place, it would make sense for necromancers to have a special role in it, such as taming the zombies.
  • Options
    Yes, there will be a zombie apocalypse in the game! When a Shadow / Necromancer guild works with all Necromancers, Shadow Lord's, Shadowmancers, Shadow Casters, Warlock, Shadow Disciple, Nightshild, Shadowblade, Shadow Guardian, Nightspell, Acolyte, Cultist on the server to create a Zombie Apocalypse!

• Options
    I'd love to see a bunch of skeletons coming to my node so I can slaughter them all and potentially gain a bunch of outfits. Maybe like the monster coin system.
  • Options
    This is so awesome. Even reading this thread is fun can't even imagine how fun it would be to actually play during something like this.
  • Options
    If zombies are going to be in the game, I'm not going near city for long periods of time
  • Options
    It'd be a good opportunity for players to experience the monster invader mechanic without having to pop a monster coin, but I'm sure quests will give away freebie monster coins for players to become familiar with the concept at lower stages of progression anyway. 

As others have mentioned, such events could be enjoyable if they are limited in geographical scope and/or seasonal duration. If two warring nodes are in the midst of a decisive siege battle and they have to drop everything to deal with the zombiepocalypse, it'd likely upset a lot of players lol.