Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Will there be a Zombiepocalypse in the game?

Like the Black Plague comes to the game and turns everyone into zombies unless we stop it? 

Comments

• Options
    Was mentioned in one of the livestreams, so maybe. Not the plague mechanic like WOW, SWTOR, or others have had where people infect other people, but possible derivative.
  • Options
    I am sure they will make these sort of events.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited September 2017
    I would just wonder how the game would look, how it could "recover" if we failed to stop it. For example if we take a big node, the NPCs get the plague and everyone dies, what would happen to land we owned and the stores in it, would it all just vanish? Also, would it impact other things regarding the city as well?
  • Options
    Yes. 
  • Options
    Sounds like a awesome hollowen event. 
  • Options
    Yes, and my summoner/necromancer, would control these hordes muahahaha (One can dream, right? Sssshhhh)

• Options
    I love even thinking about something like this happening :) It would be so amazing to get scared. Hehe
  • Options
    No ... please and thank you. Over saturation of the zombie theme as of late. Lets go towards something less played out if we could please and thank you =D
  • Options
    Belewyn said:
    No ... please and thank you. Over saturation of the zombie theme as of late. Lets go towards something less played out if we could please and thank you =D
    Okay then, how about... mm..  
    How about uh...
    Zombies? Did you say zombies? How about zombies!  >:)
  • Options

Zombie Belle
  • Options
    Yea that would be a cool idea for a Halloween event. They could even finagle it into the lore by saying the corruption in spreading to the players and npcs. Hah, I could definitely see this happen in some way or form.
  • Options
    Belewyn said:
    Show some respect! 
  • Options
    Zombies are pretty played out these days.
  • Options
    All hail @nagash and @WinterAssassin.
    Winter is coming!!
  • Options
    Sounds like a fun time for Necromancer :3
  • Options
    Dygz said:
    All hail @nagash and @WinterAssassin.
    Winter is coming!!
    Winter is already here
  • Options
    I like my undead with bones but zombies are great meat shields at least 
  • Options
    I agree with @Belewyn.  I did not plan to come to this realm only to be inevitably turned into a zombie...  If it is an event, I may simply not log on for its duration.  If they make it a permanent part of the world, then I have to accept it and whatever form of gameplay that takes.

Seriously, I chose and backed this game to play as an orc.

Zombiepocalypse has a strong sound of finality to it...

What are my options? To become a zombie with reduced speed and attack other players PvP style? Or better yet, I die and get to create a new character... won't that be fun (yes, that is sarcasm) ...

I will not "lighten up" as those proposing this are taking it seriously it seems.  So am I.

I am not trying to dampen anyone's enthusiasm.  I am just unclear what it will involve and stating that I am not looking forward to it.
  • Options
    As a regular event, no....but it could be fun to all be turned into random zombies or other undead on Halloween with maybe an opportunity to keep the skin for use if we want.
  • Options
    Belewyn said:
    Clearly you didnt see the corrupted like zombie creature in the Mage combat vid. Its too late, they are already here!
  • Options
    @Keth I don't think this zombie/corruption thing will be permanent. Surely there will be a cure of some sort for players. And a zombie node event sounds like fun in theory. I personally wouldn't mind if it happened sometimes. I wonder tho, if zombification does or does not equal "corruption" in this world. 
  • Options
    This may be the dead in me but I love this idea but I can see why people would not 
  • Options
    Ehh... Zombies are ok as a generic monster but I'd probably ignore it if it were an event.
  • Options
    God I hope not, the whole zombie thing has been done to death already.
  • Options
    God I hope not, the whole zombie thing has been done to death already.
    I think that the point ^^
  • Options
    Any zombiepocalypse should be an event that the players on a particular server have at least an indirect choice to influence;

example; An extensive battle site (above or below ground) is discovered through exploration. As part of their character mechanics players have the option to investigate the site and probably determine that the remains are "not quite dead yet". A cleansing (short quest or chain of quests) of the site is performed and the nearest node can (probably) grow without zombie consequences.

Should exploration, investigation, and/or cleansing not take place then as the nearest node grows so does the chance that zombies rise up (maybe directed by "thought-long-dead-evil-power", etc) and attack the inhabitants of the surrounding area.

Make sure to give players options, even if they decline to make use of their options.

• Options
    What about having a horde of people high on bath salts just roam the country side. 

Technically not zombies.
  • Options
    Karthos said:
    What about having a horde of people high on bath salts just roam the country side. 

Technically not zombies.

• Options
    No!
  • Options
    Thank you @XombieCrisis!  That was HILARIOUS!