Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Would you like a authenticator on your account? Edit its a poll! ;)

Would you like a authenticator on your account?

For me a huge yes, since I already invested alot into this account I would greatly appreciate that to secure my account even more.

If you dont know what it is check this picture.

Comments

• Options
    Yes please, with the amount of people who want to destoy other peoples progress, this will be needed :)
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited September 2017
    Where is the Poll Fleelix? I am disappointed. (Poll added just for you <3 ~ Belewyn)
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    AeonAuron said:
    Where is the Poll Fleelix? I am disappointed. 
    xD forgot it haha
  • Options
    Fleelix said:

For me a huge yes, since I already invested alot into this account I would greatly appreciate that to secure my account even more.

@Fleelix
    Great idea,but before you post any more good ideas,can ya run em by me so I can post it... I mean discuss it with you.   :D
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    MrNoNo said:
    Fleelix said:

@Fleelix
    Great idea,but before you post any more good ideas,can ya run em by me so I can post it... I mean discuss it with you.   :D
    :grey_question:
     xD ;)
  • Options
    Authentication is very useful. So yes.
  • Options
    Should be optional. So those that wanted could use it, and those that find it annoying wouldn't need to.
  • Options
    This sounds like a useful idea. I would do that if it became a thing.
  • Options
    Optional if anything at all.
    I rather have an actual, secure password than bother with crap like that. If you want to pay for your laziness to type a password that's longer than password1, don't bother me with having to log into my e-mail acc. to verify this IP address. <<this is so damned annoying and I hate your company if you do that to me.
    If someone manages to get into my e-mail account I have bigger worries than some progress that is track able and restore able.
    Most authenticators I know even have the option to register the MAC address itself to avoid the email verification for the IP, talking about putting easy security and lifting of annoyance behind pay walls... it's cheap thievery if you ask me.

In other words, authenticators are the modern micro transaction for security. Let's make security just a bit more annoying to guide them to pay a service from us..
  • Options
    Seems like a good idea what with all the hackers and people who try to cheat on games and whatnot. I vote yes.
  • Options
    The option to have/use one would be ok, but a mandatory one, not.  Believe it or not, some people do use their intelligence to stay safe and good PW's and some actually don't use cell phones.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
  • Options
    Since there is no "optional" in poll I voted "no" since I don't want people be forced into it.
  • Options
    I voted yes, and I really wouldn't mind because of how much I have invested. However, I also know that 'getting hacked', is usually a result of poor internet practices. I don't think people should be forced to have one, either.
  • Options
    Just nice to have another step of protection, it should be optional of course.
  • Options
    I honestly don't think its important you can just get your password changed if you need to because your having problems
  • Options
    I like mobile authentication apps that automatically send the code to the game when you click a button, rather than having to manually type in a string of numbers.
  • Options
    Only if it gives me a core hound vanity pet...
  • Options
    I'd rather just use a good password.
  • Options
    They confirmed on a stream way back that two way authentication will be a thing. So yes, we will see it, and it'll probably be optional.
  • Options
    As it specifies my account, and doesn't say anyone elses, and thusly it reads to me as optional. I voted yes. I definitely want one on my account. But I'd what a physical one. Not an app for my phone. A physical one whos batteries I can change.
  • Options
    I personally think everything should use two-step authentication.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    I like to use 2-step authentication also for other games and I would totally use it here too but I would give the optional option for people which doesnt like it maybe. Noone should be forced to be safe :P

Meow~
  • Options
    Gothix said:
    Since there is no "optional" in poll I voted "no" since I don't want people be forced into it.
    Nothing is forced its optional ;) xD Maybe i needed to stated it different.
  • Options
    Having asked someone, all of the "hacked" account cases were caused by either a vindictive ex, browsing a site for a bot and getting keylogged, or people who live with the account holder. I personally don't want to be annoyed when I want to log in because of other people's bad habits.
  • Options
    There needs to be some type of system in place, 2 step verification is important since most people that play mmos invest a lot of time into them you need a way to keep that time and effort secure, it brings piece of mind (to people that have had accounts hacked before) and that is priceless!

http://aocwiki.net/Main_Page -Comprehensive guide to Ashes of Creation.
    http://imperiumaoc.com/ -Ashes of Creation Guild.

• Options
    Cadderly said:
    There needs to be some type of system in place, 2 step verification is important since most people that play mmos invest a lot of time into them you need a way to keep that time and effort secure, it brings piece of mind (to people that have had accounts hacked before) and that is priceless!

http://aocwiki.net/Main_Page -Comprehensive guide to Ashes of Creation.
    http://imperiumaoc.com/ -Ashes of Creation Guild.

101% agree. For the people that dont have a phone @Annatar there are also possibiltys for 2step email verification ;) If Intrepid makes them.
  • Options
    Without doubt.
  • Options
    Pretty much a must-have these days. I use 2FA on 90% of services that offer it.
  • Options
    In general I think we came to the conclusion that its a optional must :)