Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

What kind of auctionhouse do you want to see?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Wouldn't that undermine the whole market stall concept? It would be way more convenient like that compared to running around looking for the stall.
    Also sounds like modern day auction house. Just put in what you would pay for an item and either people sell it to you or someone else pays more.
  • Options
    Local markets for me would be the preferred option and it would be interesting to have the market tied to citizenship, be it in discounts or some other financial perk. We just don't know enough as of yet, but the prospect is exciting. :)
  • Options
    Kratz said:
    Local markets for me would be the preferred option and it would be interesting to have the market tied to citizenship, be it in discounts or some other financial perk. We just don't know enough as of yet, but the prospect is exciting. :)
    To add to your idea. Local auction houses with a tax discount for citizens in a sense that all auction houses take a sales tax for every item you sell, but citizens are charged a smaller sales tax than non-citizens.
  • Options
    Hello i hope it exist the chance for guilds to buy an shop spot on an trading rout place ... There can some guildmembers put their stuff in and other can buy it there "

That would be good a guild bank to sell or trade items to your guild to help them build up the guild by having better items also. Ex would be the Wow Bank that had your banking and a way to access the guild bank also. There you could deposit or take out items under guidelines. What crafter wouldnt want to make stuff for his guildies first ;)
  • Options
    Ziltch said:
    As far as selling gathered items and not having a market stall, it would be nice if there were a work order board in towns.  People could post what they need and the price they would pay.  The transaction would be made automatically without being there personally.    
    As long as materials had to be delivered to location owner has or his shop that's fine.
    Cause inventory has to be stored somewhere. 
    I have to agree.  Delivery either via caravan or by person.  Or the buyer needs to come to town or elsewhere to meet the seller.
  • Options
    Ziltch said:
    As far as selling gathered items and not having a market stall, it would be nice if there were a work order board in towns.  People could post what they need and the price they would pay.  The transaction would be made automatically without being there personally.    
    As long as materials had to be delivered to location owner has or his shop that's fine.
    Cause inventory has to be stored somewhere. 
    I have to agree.  Delivery either via caravan or by person.  Or the buyer needs to come to town or elsewhere to meet the seller.
    After yesterday I think everyone is going to want delivery via a Porg :p
  • Options
    Maybe now we are ready to think about auction houses and their fun? The blogpost was kind of very specific that there will be the option to have one in a developed node
  • Options
    Just like a scientific metropolis having ZOI wide fast travel options after the relevant structures are built, this only confirms what was announced long ago. "Are you in an economic Node where most of your citizens have gold always on the brain? Then perhaps try expanding the marketplace by allowing more kiosks, or instead use those resources to build an auction house." So while you will get your auction house in that style of node, going to be a long haul to metro.

• Options
    Always a reason to dismiss it alltogether.  <sigh> Why is it so wrong to simply think about how auctions can be made as fun as possible?
    They will come and the blog post doesn't exclude them from happening in other nodetypes. Or are you saying the kiosk place will only happen in economic nodes too? @UnknownSystemError
    Whatever I knew why I didn't bother coming into the forums anymore. Thanks for the reminder.
  • Options
    Kiosks will happen in all node types. Economic nodes will have extra options to expand their marketplaces either earlier than other node types or larger. I don't know how I am dismissing your "fun" by pointing out things they have stated. Theorycraft all you want, hell, maybe they will come on by and scroll through all this and see something they haven't thought of. You want to Make Auctionhouses Great Again, at least it will fit the acronym for their hats.
  • Options
    You are miss using a quote to say no no instead of having any value as input is all i'm saying. Why bother coming here to say no no? Just stay away of topics that don't interest you.
  • Options
    I will comment on anything I like. Just because you don't like the response doesn't mean my opinion is any less valid. Giving bad information causes people to start to believe every post as what is happening in game. I get that you want your current pet project of auction houses to be what you envision, advocate away, will not and does not change the fact that they will go with what they have put into the development plan no matter how many wishlist posts people make about changing the corruption system, flying, QTE bar, and other base systems they are building the core game off of. My opinion is keep kiosks local per their stated plan and don't allow mission creep to set in to appease a vocal minority that can whinge the most. They did that with the Summer Backing and it bit them in the ass. I bet they don't make that mistake again.
  • Options
    BDO auction house system is here to not allow RL money buying IRL money, with no trade between characters too. But gosh that a **** method to counter this by killing the "MMO" aspect, we can not interract each others.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited November 2017
    And here we go again another guy who doesn't understand that nowhere in this whole post was ever the mention of a global auction house, it will, as it will happen only be local too as are kiosks. You again prove how vocal this uneducated minority is by being part of it. Just skim through the information and assume, don't ask, and say no no because "i said so" :) sad face

never did I ask to change their core concepts, that's why this as always is the reason I don't visit forums here, because the vocal minority just trashes away on everything they assume strays from the core ideas, which often don't.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Hey Grisu, hyperbole much? I never said you were advocating for global auction houses. Stop trying to make me out to be the bad guy because you don't like the opinion. I have no power to tell you "No, because I said so." than any other squealing quiff on these forums. You getting told that an auction house MAY not appear until the metropolis stage of an economic node has caused you to flip your shit. The only confirmed fact in it is that there will be the option. If you want to run to your safe space because my turn of phrase has offended your delicate sensibilities go right ahead, it isn't like it is blocking you from playing the game, or impacting you in any real measure beyond some faux outrage you try to drum up.

Edit. Looked back at the first post on this thread from two months ago. I did tell you that there would be no global auction houses. That is the problem with necroing your favorite thread because you wish it to be relevant. Still hasn't changed. There won't be global auction houses. Just ZOI wide ones at the economic metro stage.
  • Options
    I like that idea and it would be perfect if you get the item into your inbox so it dont steal inventory/storage space.

Also i liked the WoW styled auction houses BUT i would like to see an auction house in every BIG TOWN only for an area that belongs to the town. so if you want stuff that is most common in area XY you need to go the nearest biggest town to find it in the auction house and if you need stuff thats found in the starting area you need to go the nearest big town of the starting area. That is what i would like to see and maybe with the name who sells it.
    That would be kinda cool but i think this idea isnt made for the majority...

• Options
    edited November 2017

3. Once again, no global auction house planned, just like there will be no fast travel. The only large style market planned is a ZOI wide vendor listing once an economic node makes it to stage 6 and has decided to invest in that improvement.
    Yeah you never did, for sure ;), and on top of that you didn't help me find where the miss interpretation was coming from when I asked you directly and nicely nor did you change it to help the topic be clean of miss interpretations so that others after you do not make the same mistake.
    Yeah <cough> I still have the conversation open for reasons, you simply left because no public eyes you can appease and be vocal for to be the good guy defending the core game.
    And once again I only said that there will be the option in A developed node, not in all nodes definitely and once again you latched on to something no one ever said with points that have no confirmation either.
    So this time, I ask you to just leave and turn your miss guided commenting to other topics or, well, trash away as much as you want. Point was made and recieved.

Well, I let my dark side show enough, I simply detest your kind of would be's cluttering valid topics with nonsense and get it out, we'll see where and when auction houses are available.
     >>Not that it has any relevance to the topic, because it only wants to talk about how auctions will be presented and interacted with.<<
    Your exlusion to only economical metropolises once again has no validiation anyway. <tips his hat to go back to drinking tea>

Edit: And yes I only stuck to public this time to make my point about public appeasement apparent.
  • Options
    You could always let the players set up an auction house.  For those of you who remember Ultima Online, guilds would set up a house as an auction house and hold a weekly auction.  Players would submit items to the auctioneers for the auction.  Players would have to be present for the action and bit in real time for items that they are interested in.  I never was part of any of the guilds that did this so I don't know the details, but they would publish lists of upcoming auctions, rules for the action, etc.  It all came down to reputation and trust between the auctioneers, sellers and bidders.
  • Options
    I guess players can always set up "live auction" near their market stands.

Announce an item, and let nearby customers bid on it in chat, and then sell to the highest bidder.

This doesn't require any special game mechanics.

An alternative would be an ability to set up automatic personal AH at your market stand, and let (only) your items be available at that mini AH. Not sure if Intrepid would like this idea though.

It would basically be only a mini upgrade on planned market stand sale system, so that instead of only fixed prices, it offers mini auction as well.
  • Options
    No auction house would make me happy, and most definitely in no way shape a form a global one.

Stalls, Shouts, Vendors, road side and Tavern Peddlers. 
  • Options
    I like the method mentioned, as long as you can only access the auction house from a centralized point.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    I voted what I did, mainly because of older ones having names of players. Also I never want to see another like Revelation online, or BDO, or was it possibly both?

What I want to see least of all however, is unnecessarily high tax %'s and listing fees, I want there to always be room to find a niche and do a little buy/sell to make some money. I don't want the auction house taking 40% of overall earnings like GW2 or similar.

I'm all for currency / material sinks in the game, I thought the original AQ gate opening event in WoW where all servers had to donate sickening amounts of materials to open the gates was a really good thing. But not just some arbitrary cost that's always sapping my auction listings, or if so then ways to reduce it to a better figure. 
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    I've never been a fan of the AH.  I always prefered what I call the pawn shop model.  (A bit more like Eve actually) where different nodes have their own economy.  If an item is in surplus they'll sell for less and buy for more, and vica versa.

So you put your (really strong) newbie sword on the AH, rather than going to a newbie it invariably winds up going to a twinked out player using a second account, low level items become massively unaffordable.  

Alternately it keeps a set value (within a range) which keeps these items as affordable to the masses.

This helps prevent economies getting skewed by gold sellers / buyers, which seem to have ruined many an economy.  
  • Options
    The EQ2 broker was always a good system.  I enjoyed being able to set things to be sold in designated containers in my house, then go to the bulletin board and set my items up for sale.  Then I could go adventuring\harvesting\crafting while my things were on the market.  I'm ok with most kinds of auction houses, including those like in SWTOR, as long as I can set it and forget it.  In other games I hated being forced to sit in my stall and wait for someone to come by and maybe buy my stuff.  I wanted to be out doing things not sitting around doing nothing and hoping that maybe my stuff would sell.
  • Options
    An Auction house that would have the number of said item listed, but not the items price.  It should have a history on how much it's sold for.  When a person puts an item on the AH it should have a decent tax put onto it.  This way, someone can put an expensive item up for say, 1 gold, but people don't know that.  There's a good chance they'll buy it for the full history price of say 10,000 gold instead, and not get taxed as heavily since they put it up for 1 gold.  This puts a risk for reward into the AH, meaning, you can play it safe, put it up for the full amount the history or you want it to be, and get the sale for the full price, but at the same time be taxed a decent amount.  Orrr you can put it up for a lot lower and get the full price but not pay the full tax.

When you bid on an item it'll always sell the lowest priced one first and so on.  If the amount you bid doesn't match or exceed what anybody put on there, then it denies and tells you not enough was bid to purchase the item.

I've always found this AH system to be the most fun and rewarding for those who like to play the AH game.
  • Options
    Wouldn't that mean I could just try around with lower prices as bidder first? Since there are usually several items of the same listed.
    I have never seen it put into practice like that, but just from what you wrote it seems like no one would list an item much lower. @Pooka I suppose you can only bid once every x Minutes maybe, so you have to choose if you want to risk not getting the item or maybe getting a "jackpot"
  • Options
    Grisu said:
    Wouldn't that mean I could just try around with lower prices as bidder first? Since there are usually several items of the same listed.
    I have never seen it put into practice like that, but just from what you wrote it seems like no one would list an item much lower. @Pooka I suppose you can only bid once every x Minutes maybe, so you have to choose if you want to risk not getting the item or maybe getting a "jackpot"
     @Grisu It actually worked really well in the game and it was the best AH I've ever dealt with in the 15 years of my MMO career.   It's actually explained well here and it is simple yet it still promotes thinking and a competitive market.
  • Options
    I don't know, it sounds rather abusing of the uninformed. Which is fine to a certain degree, if you don't want to inform yourself live with the consequences . That said, since there is no downside to bidding low and working your way up, it's weighted way to heavily in the bidders favor. All you have to do, is try.
    That said, integrating it into the initial idea of a bidding "competition" might bring it into a healthier context.
    You could just stop bidding at a certain point and if there are less bidders ahead of you than there are items with an asking price lower than your bid, you would still get one.

So you would have a hidden minimum price the seller sets, auction starts, people bid, auction concludes, items are given out from lowest asking price for highest bid until the bid is lower than the asking price.
    This might fit even better into the world when auctions are like daily events.
    Which brings a whole new set of problems like time access ability hm.
    I like it tho, sounds fun and i'll integrate it into the initial post, which doesn't mean much but hey, we can wish right?. :3@Pooka
  • Options
    Grisu said:
    I don't know, it sounds rather abusing of the uninformed. Which is fine to a certain degree, if you don't want to inform yourself live with the consequences . That said, since there is no downside to bidding low and working your way up, it's weighted way to heavily in the bidders favor. All you have to do, is try.
    That said, integrating it into the initial idea of a bidding "competition" might bring it into a healthier context.
    You could just stop bidding at a certain point and if there are less bidders ahead of you than there are items with an asking price lower than your bid, you would still get one.

So you would have a hidden minimum price the seller sets, auction starts, people bid, auction concludes, items are given out from lowest asking price for highest bid until the bid is lower than the asking price.
    This might fit even better into the world when auctions are like daily events.
    Which brings a whole new set of problems like time access ability hm.
    I like it tho, sounds fun and i'll integrate it into the initial post, which doesn't mean much but hey, we can wish right?. :3@Pooka
    If only, right @Grisu?  I didn't say it was perfect, but it being a somewhat blind type of auctioning system throws a bit of competition.  If implemented like you said it could really build the economy and be a benefit to both buyer and seller.  I have always believed that an AH should be in the advantage of the buyer, or at least be in the illusion that the buyer has the advantage in which I prefer the latter.