Ashes of Creation (Vanilla) Forums - How To Guide

ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
edited December 2017 in The Newly Arrived
This is a quick guide to getting up to speed on the Ashes of Creation community forums. The forums are a great place to learn about the game and to get involved with the Ashes of Creation community. Take your first steps on your journey into Ashes of Creation right here.

Getting started

Code of conduct

Before you dive into posting, make sure you read the community guidelines and code of conduct:

https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/6855/read-me-community-guidelines-code-of-conduct/p1

Introduce yourself

Start off by introducing yourself in the Newly Arrived forum category:

https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/categories/the-newly-arrived


Making dank posts

  • To create a new post, choose your discussion category and click the NEW DISCUSSION button to the right of the page.



  • Change your formatting using the menu bar



  • Add emoji using the smiley menu (pictured above). A full list of emoji can be found here. Note that not all emoji in this list are currently enabled.

  • Embed hyperlinks in your chat by highlighting the text you wish to link from, then click the link icon in the menu.



  • Add images to your posts using the image icon on the menu.

Earning Stars and Badges

  1. Other forum users can react to your posts, with a Like or a LOL.



    The more Likes or LOLs your posts receive, the higher your forum points will be.



  2. Additional forum points are awarded if your posts are promoted by one of moderators or forum administrators. Promoted posts are listed in the “Best of” section of the forums:

    https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/bestof/promote

  3. Another method of earning points is to answer questions posted on the forums, if the person asking the question accepts your answer.



  4. You also gain forum points by earning badges. Each badge is like a mini-achievement for completing a certain activity.



    A full list of badges and their criteria can be found here:
    https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/badges

Your Star Rating

You are awarded stars for earning forum points.

:star: You start with one star.

:star::star: Two stars at 50 points.

:star::star::star: Three stars at 100 points.

:star::star::star::star: Four stars at 500 points.

:star::star::star::star::star: Five stars at 1000 points

These stars appear on your forum profile and at the top of each of your posts.

The more helpful and informative your posts, the more stars you will have.

Happy posting!

Edit: Forum signatures are now working.

«13

Comments

  • Thank you kindly sir.
  • This is awesome! Thanks for this.
  • looks like he's after your job @Belewyn ^^
  • nagash said:
    looks like he's after your job @Belewyn ^^
    I actually commissioned him to write it because he does a solid presentation of things <3
  • Thanks a bunch! Helpful guide for new folk!
  • Belewyn said:
    nagash said:
    looks like he's after your job @Belewyn ^^
    I actually commissioned him to write it because he does a solid presentation of things <3
    in that case great job on being a boss and making others do the work for you :cookie:
  • Nice guide, insert joke here.
    Please like, lol, and subscribe.
  • Camnesia said:
    Nice guide, insert joke here.
    Please like, lol, and subscribe.
    ask and you shall receive 
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited September 2017
    Where is it you click to post "Answer Accepted"?  I don't seem to be able to find the spot.
  • T-Elf said:
    Where is it you click to post "Answer Accepted"?  I don't seem to be able to find the spot.
    The person asking the question gets a prompt that looks something like this

    From the Vanilla site.
  • Belewyn said:

    Haha! The robot beat me!
  • Getting slow as you age old man =P
  • Belewyn said:
    Getting slow as you age old man =P
    says the person who made someone else do their work for them  :|
  • nagash said:
    Belewyn said:
    Getting slow as you age old man =P
    says the person who made someone else do their work for them  :|

  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited September 2017
    Didn't know about the star rating requirements. Thanks for the info.

    Altough, I wished they would have switched from bbpress to something more modern like IPB or even Burning Board.
  • Belewyn said:
    nagash said:
    Belewyn said:
    Getting slow as you age old man =P
    says the person who made someone else do their work for them  :|

    ....  touche
  • Thanks so much for this one. Clears up some of those mysteries :)
  • Also forum allows formating fonts/elements with html tags, since there is no button for it in the format bar letting us font type, font size and font color. (It should be)
    Like This

  • Dolphin said:
    Also forum allows formating fonts/elements with html tags, since there is no button for it in the format bar letting us font type, font size and font color. (It should be)
    Like This

    what elf sorcery is this 
  • nagash said:
    Dolphin said:
    Also forum allows formating fonts/elements with html tags, since there is no button for it in the format bar letting us font type, font size and font color. (It should be)
    Like This

    what elf sorcery is this 
    Who doesn't know HTML yet in 2017, lets start learning: https://www.w3schools.com/html/html_formatting.asp

    :P
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited September 2017
    nagash said:

    what elf sorcery is this 

    Haed Täer'ûndel Miþlû Lytlað
  • @lexmax Could you explain why images are not available in signatures at the moment, when they might be available again and some basic guidelines for sizing (height & width) when it does become available again. Or are they gone for good?

    Also, is it possible to delete one of your own posts if something goes wrong and you double-post?
  • Bajjer said:
    @lexmax Could you explain why images are not available in signatures at the moment, when they might be available again and some basic guidelines for sizing (height & width) when it does become available again. Or are they gone for good?

    Also, is it possible to delete one of your own posts if something goes wrong and you double-post?
    I'm not sure if it was a technical or other reason why the signatures were disabled. They don't have any size guidelines yet as far as I know @Bajjer, but I'm sure they will post these when they do re-enable the signatures.

    Vanilla forums doesn't allow you to delete your own posts. You could flag it and request a moderator to delete it.
  • nagash said:
    Dolphin said:
    Also forum allows formating fonts/elements with html tags, since there is no button for it in the format bar letting us font type, font size and font color. (It should be)
    Like This

    what elf sorcery is this 

    I thought being a ancient necromancer that you would have seen all kinds of sorcery?
  • nagash said:
    Dolphin said:
    Also forum allows formating fonts/elements with html tags, since there is no button for it in the format bar letting us font type, font size and font color. (It should be)
    Like This

    what elf sorcery is this 

    I thought being a ancient necromancer that you would have seen all kinds of sorcery?
    That's true but even this is new to me 
  • Thankyou @lexmax this post is incredibly helpful!
  • Thankyou @lexmax this post is incredibly helpful!
    +1 Nice one Lex ;)
  • I didn't know half of these things...


    TY!~
Sign In or Register to comment.