Ashes of Creation (Vanilla) Forums - How To Guide
Create and login to your forum account here: https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/
Setup your forum profile here: https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/profile/preferences
From this page you can set your profile picture, create a forum signature* and change your notification preferences (shown above).
View your forum profile here: https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/profile
Code of conduct
Before you dive into posting, make sure you read the community guidelines and code of conduct:
Start off by introducing yourself in the Newly Arrived forum category:
Making dank posts
- To create a new post, choose your discussion category and click the NEW DISCUSSION button to the right of the page.
- Change your formatting using the menu bar
- Add emoji using the smiley menu (pictured above). A full list of emoji can be found here. Note that not all emoji in this list are currently enabled.
- Embed hyperlinks in your chat by highlighting the text you wish to link from, then click the link icon in the menu.
- Add images to your posts using the image icon on the menu.
Earning Stars and Badges
- Other forum users can react to your posts, with a Like or a LOL.
The more Likes or LOLs your posts receive, the higher your forum points will be.
- Additional forum points are awarded if your posts are promoted by one of moderators or forum administrators. Promoted posts are listed in the “Best of” section of the forums:
- Another method of earning points is to answer questions posted on the forums, if the person asking the question accepts your answer.
- You also gain forum points by earning badges. Each badge is like a mini-achievement for completing a certain activity.
A full list of badges and their criteria can be found here:
Your Star Rating
You are awarded stars for earning forum points.
You start with one star.
Two stars at 50 points.
Three stars at 100 points.
Four stars at 500 points.
Five stars at 1000 points
The more helpful and informative your posts, the more stars you will have.
Edit: Forum signatures are now working.