Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Summoner Skill Ideas

Which one or more would you like to see implemented? (Please assume that all of these skills can level up with the character)

If you like more than one, discuss in the comments.

Comments

• I am defiantly in to raising the undead so Dark Ritual would be my choice
  • Why u no put cute, shining, colorful,  pokemon-alike summons instead of dead, gray, cemeterythemed  undead?

And yes, I will good in salughtering Engilsh.

• can I just vote for all of them
  • I agree with @nagash, I think most if not all of these should be available as skill progressions >:)
  • lexmax said:
    I agree with @nagash, I think most if not all of these should be available as skill progressions >:)
    when did you become a necromancer @lexmax
  • nagash said:
    lexmax said:
    I agree with @nagash, I think most if not all of these should be available as skill progressions >:)
    when did you become a necromancer @lexmax
    I started using necromancers in my campaigns in D&D 2e. 
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited September 2017
    Merge one with your spirit animal and dominate the fields as that spirit animal xD
  • We need this to reach the invisible flying rock that abusive mage is standing on. :P
  • My fondest wish is to get summons that actually look impressive like FFXI.
  • That's a lot of Undead spells!!!

What people Summon will largely be influenced by race.
    And, the Summoner will be kind of puppeteering their minions, so keep that in mind when thinking up abilities, but...
    Those all sound like they could be fun for a Necromancer, sure.
  • Soooo .... why make this into a Poll ? And limit it to only Necromancy Abilities ?
  • Dygz said:
    That's a lot of Undead spells!!!

What people Summon will largely be influenced by race.
    And, the Summoner will be kind of puppeteering their minions, so keep that in mind when thinking up abilities, but...
    Those all sound like they could be fun for a Necromancer, sure.
    tell me about it my bones are ready in anticipation 

• Maybe a  summoner that uses inventions. A kind of leonardo da vinci inspired class. I am not to clued up on the world and just where it sits from a technology stand point but a 3 barrelled crossbow or vintage style gun. Possibly you have pistols or mini crossbows that you can dual wield. Potentially fun, a 33 barrelled organ with mechanical legs. Possibly scale it down to 3 barrels. Cause frame rates and 33 barrels might be op. It would function as a mobile ranged pet that supplements your damage and is changed by your secondary class. So if u chose tank as your secondary class. Your turret takes as percentage of the damage that is dealt to a target party member.

Maybe a short barrel cannon with legs that digs into the ground to fire a powerful shot that does aoe damage. Imagine combining this dude with a necromancer. You could have a cannon that fires corpses at the enemy and for good measure they are filled with spiders. Yes people corpses fill with spiders been fired out of a cannon.

I personally think everything should have mechanical legs or a way to move the mechanical stuff while not having to drag you sorry self over there and do it your self. Cause from a game play point of view, you want to do stuff with your character as well, not just be the guy who runs around keeping all the plates spinning. So telling your cannon where to dig its self in will impact your damage. Since to close and it will not be able to fire upon the enemy, to far and it will be out of range. 
  • Riako125 said:
    Maybe a  summoner that uses inventions. A kind of leonardo da vinci inspired class. I am not to clued up on the world and just where it sits from a technology stand point but a 3 barrelled crossbow or vintage style gun. 

• lexmax said:
    Riako125 said:
    Maybe a  summoner that uses inventions. A kind of leonardo da vinci inspired class. I am not to clued up on the world and just where it sits from a technology stand point but a 3 barrelled crossbow or vintage style gun. 

So in terms of theme the game will have a very Sword and sorcery feel to it. So an elf may summon a wolf to do their bidding. Could be cool, maybe add the ability to shape shift into animals for druids. So if the druid is in wolf form they can talk to wolves. Learn from them and so on. Summon 2 wolves to their side. So it feels like the character is part of a pack of wolves. Maybe indulge in forbidden bestial magics like becoming a werewolf. With 2 wolves by your side and so on. 
  • Riako125 said:
    lexmax said:
    Riako125 said:

So in terms of theme the game will have a very Sword and sorcery feel to it. So an elf may summon a wolf to do their bidding. Could be cool, maybe add the ability to shape shift into animals for druids. So if the druid is in wolf form they can talk to wolves. Learn from them and so on. Summon 2 wolves to their side. So it feels like the character is part of a pack of wolves. Maybe indulge in forbidden bestial magics like becoming a werewolf. With 2 wolves by your side and so on. 
    ^^^^

This, Steven said, on quite a few occasions the game aims to be high fantasy
  • Ariatras said:
    Riako125 said:
    lexmax said:
    Riako125 said:

^^^^

And there is nothing as powerful in high fantasy as a necromancer ^^
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited September 2017

Some personalized summons would be quite cool, but I know this would be quite a drain on development resources.

I was thinking something in line of like Rangers could tame any wild animal they encounter in world, and then it becomes their pet. Stats become standardized, but skin remains of the animal they tamed.

For summoners, maybe some demonic / undead areas in world could be of service. They could go there and study a particular demon / undead mob, and learn about it and after obtain it as summon. Stats become standardized for summoned creature, but skin remains from original creature.

CASH SHOP:

Once you learn to (archers) tame a beast, or (summoners) summon a beast, a cash shop could sell some alternate skins for it.

For example, you tame a bear, and original bear you tamed is brown, and you get a brown bear pet. But at that time you become eligible to buy / use different BEAR skins from cash shop as well, black, gray etc.

If you didn't tame a wolf for example, you can not use CS wolf skins. But if you tamed a tiger, then you have original tiger, and you can use alternate tiger skins if you buy them.

Similar would be for summoners. If you learned how to summon a skeleton, you would have that original skeleton, and you would have few alternate skeleton skins to buy form cash shop. IF you wish to use that succubus CS skin, you would need to learn to summon a succubus first by tracking one down in the world, and learning about it.
  • Yep, they confirmed that there would be summoner skins for sale in the CS. Like stated above, you won't need to buy the ability to summon the base summon, but if you want to trick it out, you will have the option to buy more appearances.
  • Riako125 said:
    Maybe a  summoner that uses inventions. A kind of leonardo da vinci inspired class. I am not to clued up on the world and just where it sits from a technology stand point but a 3 barrelled crossbow or vintage style gun. Possibly you have pistols or mini crossbows that you can dual wield. Potentially fun, a 33 barrelled organ with mechanical legs. Possibly scale it down to 3 barrels. Cause frame rates and 33 barrels might be op. It would function as a mobile ranged pet that supplements your damage and is changed by your secondary class. So if u chose tank as your secondary class. Your turret takes as percentage of the damage that is dealt to a target party member.

Maybe a short barrel cannon with legs that digs into the ground to fire a powerful shot that does aoe damage. Imagine combining this dude with a necromancer. You could have a cannon that fires corpses at the enemy and for good measure they are filled with spiders. Yes people corpses fill with spiders been fired out of a cannon.

I personally think everything should have mechanical legs or a way to move the mechanical stuff while not having to drag you sorry self over there and do it your self. Cause from a game play point of view, you want to do stuff with your character as well, not just be the guy who runs around keeping all the plates spinning. So telling your cannon where to dig its self in will impact your damage. Since to close and it will not be able to fire upon the enemy, to far and it will be out of range. 
    It reminded me Heirmindinger from League of Legends, nice thought btw.
  • nagash said:
    Ariatras said:
    Riako125 said:
    lexmax said:
    Riako125 said:

^^^^

And there is nothing as powerful in high fantasy as a necromancer ^^
    I love Necromancers too, bae <3;)
  • let the dead rise then 
  • Your post seems to be for necromancers not summoners lol.

Here are my ideas.

Summoners Link: All summoner self-buffs are transferred to pet. (give summoners a set of situational buffs they can cast as utility they can use through their pets, or just to make them tanky)

Buffs like:
    Entropic Exhumation: Your summons die after 10seconds but drain their foes health over time. Enemies near you take x damage per second.

For utility I'd do something like "The hidden connections" and allow summoners to activate portals in dungeons to teleport people or something.

As for the actual skills I'd try to balance it between the pet and summoning environmental hazards or something. That way you don't necessarily have to play a pet case you can create traps etc.

So many something like:
    Tangled Reality which would disorient people's movement keys and randomly change all the colors on their screen. (fun must be allowed!)

Damage dealing fire walls, knockback gales, slippery ice floors and uh... I guess you can make a rock staircase to give yourself height advantage? Probably could like levitate on a boulder to make melee hate you forever, but also force them to use the utility stuff they have to jump onto it. Or just throw it at them...

Then your standard pet summons like living rocks, enchanted ice, tempestuous winds and consuming fire mwuhahaha! 

For movement spells:
    Targeting a spot then summoning yourself to it might be neat but melee must all have a way to get up to higher spots or it'll be unfair.

Or summoning your enemies somewhere else (probably a summoner/tank thing).

Switching spots with your pet.

That's all I can think of while I'm supposed to be working so I'll try to add more to the convo later =p

• How about if summoner doesn't feed enough humans to his spawned creature in a period of time, a creature (hungry) turns on summoner himself? :dizzy:

And no animal flesh is not good enough, it has to be human!
  • I'd like to see some living or elemental summons. This seems more necromancer... like all of it.
  • Loyheta said:
    I'd like to see some living or elemental summons. This seems more necromancer... like all of it.
    The more summons we get the better but the dead will always be supreme 
  • nagash said:

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
  • I need someone in my life that can summon beer and sandwiches. 

Any takers?
  • nagash said:
    Loyheta said:
    I'd like to see some living or elemental summons. This seems more necromancer... like all of it.
    Summon racism.  :D 
  • Dolphin said:
    nagash said:
    Loyheta said:
    Summon racism.  :D 
    Well all races can die so I'm being very open ^^